Thank you for your comments. I really appreciate. That's really the kind of comments that helped me reach the V20 byslowly improving it.Reg312 wrote:Great work you did Iluvalar! but you know..
What i dislike in NRS:
1) research strategy have great influence on result.
in original WZ four players can research simply all without hearts and play well
2) Totally cannot estimate weapon&body power
ir original WZ if i see heavy cannons or inferno i know it can burn my ass
3) Tactics works bad because satuplink appear so early
4) Buildings invulnerable for early weapons
1) That's official, you are a die hard high oil player for sure . It's not "original" warzone btw ^^. I've been fighting against that since the very beginning by scaling my research appropriately with the amount of oil. But there is no hard rules against that. Except you will displease all the low players (that seek more influential research) from the mod. I'll try a version of NTW packed as if there was only 30 oil in one side for you one of these days... I just have another experiment to carry on before.
2) You can estimate the maximal compared strength by knowing how much you didn't spent in your own design. Non military research even show how much your design will lose in strength. For example, a power upgrade will make you lose 17% of you strength on the battle field. From that point, you need to risk and scout a bit to understand how much non-military research your opponent have done. The specific weapons only help you deciding if you change design (because weapon modifiers) or not. It "just" account for 40-225% of the outcome.
3) As the lab says : you pay a 16% upgrade to get the satellite, and another ~16% to build it. In total, the units of the players are systematically 25% weaker because he have that intelligence. Does it worth it ? maybe, maybe not, it depend. Everything have his price in NRS, but it's not true that in every game the uplink appear so early. If you have it in every game that early, you probably pay just to see your death coming from far away. And effectively, your opponent wont need any tactic for that.
4) I saw many games won in mg, cannon or flamer rushes. You start with the units, then the time to take down the structure is not that important. Maybe you never success in the mg rush because you spend your power elsewhere then in the mg upgrades ? I'm not scared about the futur of the rushing strategies in NRS .