[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS)

Post by Arreon »

Can you make it so that the defenses with the lowest protection (emplacements, etc) are cheaper and easier to build than hardpoints?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

No. The main guideline is the technological level. So a later emplacement can eventually beat an early hardpoint
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

A big one here :
NRS+V63
I played the role of the designer here. If we have only one derrick, it need to have the stats that fulfill the best it purpose.
*New power generator named "spectral" is dangerously fragile (5$). My bet is it we will all like this one and favor the new one. But it is an habit changer as we generaly use the old pgen as a wall.
*The "old" pgen now called "Guardian" now worth 30$. It has the same ability we are used for except a bit less of HP. I'd need to go up to 40$ to have the exact same stats, I felt it was unnecessary.
*The derrick are made more fragile as well, but at 5$ and faster production than the original it will fit better with the quick base installation background. With the saved power try to defend your base with wall ?
*The price of 1 wall per oil as been added to your starting power.
*As a side effect the guardian pgen is limited to 40. for a grand total of 50 pgen possible at the same time :O . That's enough to take all your side+1 other base in NTWmax2 ^^
*The "map preview" script from crab have been reviewed and added to the mod. You'll get an uplink as long as you dont build your first building. giving you the possibility to know where the oil and other players are on the map. If one player refuse to build his building in the first 100 seconds, he will gain a CC as well and will keep his uplink at the cost of all the starting power...
*Uplink autobalanced on the number of oil it show. In other words, will be a lot less expensive in low oil.
*The lassat was badly evaluated. Now more expensive and less HP.
*The 2 new earlier defence buildings are no more "insta-build". 2 reasons for that : A) As you pay more for the insta-build ability, it was not very useful as defensive structures. We were paying 25% more for that. B) As it was the very first defense we had. There was so nasty essay to use it as an ambush truck rush. Not that the structures was not at a fair price, but the surprise effect was too much since it was often before the other player had any weapon/unit/defence (specialy defence because we were pushed to delay the 2 first one hehe). There was also so kind of rush into a borg weapons, as it was so much the perfect counter to that behavior. The more I advance into that mod, the more I realise the dramatic impact in the directions players will take because of the first few piece of components we get and their exact stats...

I got a negative feedback from Neurah recently in some anonymous version between the v57 and the v61 that day... He said : "stop changing the rules". So i want to sincerly, again, thanks everyone of you that accept to be my test subjects in some versions that are sometime extremely short lived. Undocumented, and sometime just completely strange or buggy. Some of my essay are a fail. And I assume it. I'm sorry.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

You will never be forgiven :)

Some changes from version 61 to version 63:

Changed item: Scavenger AT-Rocket Pit [A0BaBaRocketPitAT]
-Field Name: Build points old value:16 new value: 358
-Field Name: HP old value:500 new value: 455
-Field Name: Build Power old value:33 new value: 23
Changed item: Cannon Tower [A0CannonTower]
-Field Name: Build points old value:64 new value: 309
-Field Name: HP old value:397 new value: 356
-Field Name: Build Power old value:25 new value: 20
Changed item: Laser Satellite Command Post [A0LasSatCommand]
-Field Name: Build points old value:2500 new value: 5409
-Field Name: HP old value:1000 new value: 525
-Field Name: Build Power old value:202 new value: 432
Changed item: Satellite Uplink Center [A0Sat-linkCentre]
-Field Name: Build points old value:1250 new value: 1323
-Field Name: HP old value:1600 new value: 1455
-Field Name: Build Power old value:202 new value: 211
Changed item: Guardian power Generator [A0PowMod1-ntw]
-Field Name: Build points old value:959 new value: 455
-Field Name: HP old value:966 new value: 649
-Field Name: Build Power old value:38 new value: 30
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Cannons in NRS:
cannons.png
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Please... dont pay attention to Reg312 ^^ . The reasons why I dont publish these datas is that thoses are subject to changes constantly from one version to another. As you can see, they are all following a smooth progression and they all kept their own character. Assault cannons fire faster, heavy cannons is heavy...

That a very nice app reg312, but it's only usefull on the modder side. For exemple, I wonder why the bus cannon is so cheap. I should make it to 6-7 power...
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

With my program viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8726 everyone can see what Iluvalar did in his mod.
Program is simple in use and noob-friendly, but only for windows (sorry dear linux users)

Anti-tank Rockets in NRS
rockets.png
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Dont you listen what I say ? :o

I'll fix the progression speed to the distance between bases and the normalised weapon modifier effect (30%). Consequently, every single stats except maybe the smg one will change in V65. The data you publish here is from V63 and is outdated anyway.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRS+V65
*A new way to see the problem : The progression speed is now fixed by one standard weapon modifier advantage (30%) per truck time (100s in NTW). To make it into human langage : If one player send mg viper wheel from start and send the wave as he produce it. Assuming the opponent researched correcly, he will be able to stop the attack even in a weapon modifier disadvantage (like by building borgs). For the curious mathaddict : 173% per 20 minutes => 187% per 20 minutes. Increase in interest rate accordingly.
*Auto balance improvement. Up until now, i was assuming a mean weapon (mostly medium cannon) or a medium body (cobra) to match the components I was evaluating. Now i'll scale that mean weapon according to the price of the evaluated component. Meaning I suspect a fish to have a bus cannon. And a whale to have a heavy cannon. This was favoring the light bodies and weapons. The quality/quantity dilema in NRS will even become more difficult.
*Bus cannon price increased. It still the cheapest cannon around, but it is more expensive than the mg (was strange...).
*Civilians ! After building housing on front line... why not making use of the inhabitants ? Same power generation than housings for same price... They will present an extreme resistance since they have no weapons until someone get in mind to squish them.^^ They might represent a potent meat shield when facing borg only armies...
*The 20% discount already present in most labs is now standardized for all power generation buildings. It represent the risk of seeing his investement attacked and losing it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Open discussion :
The civilians (you like?) obsolete both the paradox and the infinity labs. You build the same cost of civilians, and you get the same effect...

Should I delete those lab entirely ? Does someone have a new idea for those ?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar wrote:Open discussion :
The civilians (you like?) obsolete both the paradox and the infinity labs. You build the same cost of civilians, and you get the same effect...

Should I delete those lab entirely ? Does someone have a new idea for those ?
remove interest rate, housing, civilians, infinity and paradox labs..etc
remove 'WZ city idea' from your mind
make nuclear plant expensive and more effective
add "deep derrick" which can be built everywhere but also expensive

just believe me ;)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Reg312 wrote: make nuclear plant expensive and more effective
I would brake the NRS main rule. It cant be more effective unless I increase the research cost. And there the solar plant at that spot :P . I fixed the low price so the players have space management issues with the reactor. I dont want to change that.
Reg312 wrote: add "deep derrick" which can be built everywhere but also expensive
It's called "housing" and "civilian" lol
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

i suggest you make things which clear for people.
"deep derrick" is clear fopr anybody
civilian which produce energy? what a sh*t? :lol2:
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Life is the most important ressource of all ! :o
Man power !
Who you think transform that electricity into metal alloy ? :o
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar wrote:Life is the most important ressource of all ! :o
Man power !
Who you think transform that electricity into metal alloy ? :o
do you think why all units in WZ called droids? :lecture:
factories are fully automatical! truck transform energy into buildings, factories do same but make alloys
you should know such things!!

i suspect, you like just experiments and dont want make "perfect" things