[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Post by Iluvalar »

Do you mean removing the AI from the map pack in order to save 150Ko ?

I think the AI worth it. The download is not so big. However I think you are also right. It seem like the pack have been taking weight lately... I'll try to make some cleaning in the files. Remove necessary comments and old stuff. But I think the AI worth it and I need to repeat the file for each player.

It might surprise uou, but I don't have the stats of the mod. Since the beginning of NRS, the stats are evaluated and automatically balanced by a special script. For example, When I asked for a standard deviation of 40% for the weapon modifier in the V130, technically every components of the game changed their stats. Even a crazier example : When I pack for low oil maps, the autobalance is informed about the budget the player have for units and do the appropriate changes to keep the balance. In other word, between the pack for Anarchy (8 oil per player) and the pack for pill (7 oil per player) every stats in the game will be different for the same given version.

And to be honest, I stopped double-checking the autobalance work a long time ago. Last tuning I made on it was in NRS+V78 . And ever since, nobody ever found any flaw in it work... Even me don't know and don't care about what the stats are. I suggest you do the same and take it as a fact that the balance of the game reached inhumane precision.

You should grasp the main techtree shape of the mod in 2-3 try not more, and the mod now have ingame informations about new buildings. The necessary information is in the research names most of the time. You can threat the remaining as easter-eggs. It's just even more fun to discover the supernova or the explorer by yourself.

Here is what you require to play like a pro :
1- Spectral gens are favored by everyone.
2- No more than one bank is strongly recommended.
3- The weapon modifiers are normalized, but still look pretty much the same.
4- Researching stuff that can be used by the same design is better (it's obvious... but how much players screw that one...)
5- None of the new things (except spectral gens) are mandatory. I play most of my games building none or only one type of them in the whole game. Ignoring all of them, or exploring one new possibility at a time is totally safe and the way to go.

Here, now you play like a pro. The choice of the exact lines you will play in a game is a matter of play-style and humor, I often give the choice to my teammates so I always play something new (that's why NRS is so fun).
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Can it work on 3.1 beta11??
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Andrie : no sorry. 3.1 dont work with stable mods.

NRSv133
*Removal of the "h " chunk of the help Request. Now say only ".civ" to be briefed about civilians.
*Added ".fac" help that explain more about factions
*The default faction is now "u2". The power upgrade. Everyone can play well with more power. It's a bit more tricky if your bonus is a unit HP boost.
*Smarter AI ever (beside V129 special XD )
**"truck ?" request and answer
**"power ?" request and answer
**"ally me" Request to coordinate an assault and answer
**Scout beacon dropping. If a scout find a serious amount of units and there was no beacon dropped by that AI since a while, it will drop a beacon there to show you what the scout found.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSv137
*Reduced the research progression rate to what it was in V128 . But I kept the weapon modifiers.
**I was preoccupated by how fast people can progress hidden in a small corner. This is, after all, a war game. So fighting for the oil should be the main objective.
*Commanders given at start. Their cost will be oil dependant. Their price is now fixed on the ideal army cost. You should have optimal balance between research and army when you reach 3 commanders with 10 units each.

NRSpV138
*Just a little more cheat detection
Attachments
8c-oligarchy_NRSpV138.wz
(332.64 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
8c-NTW_NRSpV138.wz
(295.81 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV139
*Error in the weapon modifier mean deviation found from V130
*In game information about weakness/strenght of most weapons and propulsion.
**Your enemy is coming with bb on hover and you never fought those before ?
**Dont panic and simply type ".bb" and ".hover" you will receive these 2 messages :
***"rocket, struct, bunker, flamer, laser <...> quark, cannon, wheel, leg, hover, mg"
***"bb <...> gauss, cannon, mg, laser"
**Now, you see in the left side (weakness) that you need mg or maybe cannons on leg or hover. Take your pick and send dispair in the enemy rank with a perfect adapt ! :D

I already had request for an hourglass and a truckbowl pack... They'll be there tomorow.
Attachments
8c-oligarchy_NRSpV139.wz
(333.13 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

testtest1 wrote:because i dont know how this mod is built
Just rename it to .zip and extract it!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV140
Lot of simplification ! and more big change to come.
*Reduction to 4 weapon modifiers : Antipersonal, flamer, anti-tank, bunker buster.
*Reduction to 4 propulsion type : Legs, Wheel, Track, Structure
*The propulsion exactly under in those list receive 180% damage to that weapon type
*The propulsion at the exact opposite (2 spots away) is resistant and will receive 55% dmg
**Hover is considered as wheel, htrack as track. They both lost their upgrade line to reflect the fact they are now secondary propulsions.
**mortars and missiles are now anti-personnal.
**lasers are flamers. let's now call them anti-wheel
**cannons and gauss are anti-tank
**the pulse lasers and bombs are anti-structure
*Armor layer incredibly simplified :
**light < medium < heavy < light
**The fact that it meld both the attack and defense bonus together, the effect of this layer might be just a bit higher than weapon modifiers themself.

V141 :
*Big change in weapon lines :
**High tech lines : Many weapon lines splitted into smaller one. Some will only have 2 weapons...
**The later lines use the upgrades of the previous ones.
***The main idea behind that is to offer more weapon choices and see more weapons variety.
*Removal of mass driver and hadron cannon. They were slow who cares ?...
*Added some easter eggs here and there XD . I think I gonna keep the secrets for the players that try the mod. Just have to know that everything is autobalanced after all...

V143
Changed the pricing and research time of many weapons with that in mind :
A) Keep the "T1" and "T3" weapons kinda in the same order.
B) Spread the weapon modifiers and heaviness as much as possible.
*Changes are :
**laser medium=>heavy
**flamer heavy=>medium
**BB light => heavy (sorry)
**bomb heavy => medium
**burners medium=>light
**Gauss heavy=>light (sorry)

There was an horrible bug since the derrick taxe change about the bankupt detection. Simply put : 5 banks too late (when 4 is the ultimate max). Some players developped skills to surf on that and to bank rush again... It took me some time to discover that because they dont tell me >.< .
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

I had my first taste of 8c-oligarchy, and it was so radicaly diffrent. I'll definaly be playing this mod for time to come, its so new and intresting.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. But there is a very bad news here : I lost my harddrive some time ago. The version of the script I have is around V100 and waw requiring a pre-stats folder that I lost with everything else :( .

I found oligarchy V143 that I renamed V144. I can still pack NRS in low oil maps. I might also work on some patch to get some sort of high oil version of the mod. If i find the time...

So V144 gonna be the last NRS version. :'(
Attachments
4c-rushNRSpV144.wz
(297.06 KiB) Downloaded 433 times
8c-oligarchyNRSpV144.wz
(340.74 KiB) Downloaded 432 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

:cry:

So the autobalance script has survived, i guess? (:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote:Oh, I forgot to tell you guys. But there is a very bad news here : I lost my harddrive some time ago. The version of the script I have is around V100 and waw requiring a pre-stats folder that I lost with everything else :( .

I found oligarchy V143 that I renamed V144. I can still pack NRS in low oil maps. I might also work on some patch to get some sort of high oil version of the mod. If i find the time...

So V144 gonna be the last NRS version. :'(
Tough luck. So NRS won't reach v800 after all. Will keep these maps for the day when I finally work out how to play them - oligarchy especially, given the good report about it above.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

weelll... Never say never lol

V145 is out ! :D
Borgs were not weak against .ap and structures were not weak agaisnt .as now it's fixed.
Attachments
4c-rushNRSpV145.wz
(297.06 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
8c-oligarchyNRSpV145.wz
(340.74 KiB) Downloaded 427 times
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Well, you had me fooled...

(So v145 is the one for the archive?)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I just made a new project to teach the AI how it should deal with stronger player (momentary alliance). So I dont promise anything lol. But most of the mod will be stable by now unless i find a new glitch.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV146 is out !

* Made some dirty patch to be able to mod NRS into higher oil setting like it was before.
* little improvement in the AI : It will more likely target players with higher amount of derrick.

Since the mod was tuned on oligarchy, there is no reason to make a pack in that map. But here is a better version for hexed :
Attachments
8c-hexedNRSpV146.wz
(367.15 KiB) Downloaded 438 times