[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS)

Post by Iluvalar »

sorry i forgot this one : and it was important >.<
NRSpV116
I didnt found any better visual help than this one :

Code: Select all

Missiles	→	Laser	→	Quark			→	Missiles		→	Laser		→	Quark	→	
↑↑				↑↑			↑↑					↑↑				↑↑				↑↑	
Mg			→	Cannon	→	Mortar/gauss	→	Flamer			→	Rockets	 →	BB			→
Quark	→		Missile	→	Laser			→	Quark			→	Missile		→	Laser	→
BB		→		Mg		→	Cannon			→	Mortar/gauss	→	Flamer		→	Rockets →	
The arrows point a "better" weapon. You can jump 2 arrows and still have good effects.
I tried to reflect that in the tech tree. The first 6 weapons are the ring of 6.
Then you have the cycle of 3 "Missiles,Laser, Quark" that repeat all the time.

NRSpV118
*bug fix : I was scaling the mortar ROF before adding the howy to them. The mortars will fire slower than in V117 but still faster than v112 (and standard)
*Lot of small fine tuning in the weapon lines as well.
*And in the armor amount. after removing the vtol weapon (always more brutal) in the mean damage equation.
*Removal of the nexus and infinity lab again. If you are wise enough to build them, you are wise enough to build an omega lab and make a research upgrade with it instead. Sadly, Noobs are getting mad with those speed labs.
*Increased virus tower (still inneficient in 1v1, but do no wait 8 player of equal skill to be decent)
*Reduced flagship price. If you really know how to use it and accept the micromanagement task, it gonna worth it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote: NRSpV118
*And in the armor amount. after removing the vtol weapon (always more brutal) in the mean damage equation.
What do you mean?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Superwoot555
New user

Post by Superwoot555 »

I Need this mod!!!!! XD
xxFECxx
New user

Post by xxFECxx »

hey people!
first of all, i read the mod description and this sounds epic, good job! ;)

i`d like to know if there's already a version for the newest beta version (i think it's 3.1) i couldn't find a link but it's possible that i just didnt see it
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote:
Iluvalar wrote: NRSpV118
What do you mean?
The armor of the heavy bodies is fixed on the mean damage of all weapons. But the vtol are always more brutal then their ground counterpart, I just ignore them now to have better balance for most weapons.

xxFECxx : sadly the beta version is still unstable on my computer and I dont play it for now. When my experience will be better in 3.1, i'll probably make the jump.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

V120 is coming soon... but someone asked for that one :
Attachments
8c-HourglassNRSpV119.wz
Hourgass NRSpV119
(348.71 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Is it possible to get latest NRS as a stand alone mod? Your maps are too tailored and a little too earnest to play - you know, rather C&C.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

@Zydonk : use the latest mapmod that fit your oil preference as a mod, they work well.

I dont understand what you really mean by "earnest" even with a dictionary...

NRSpV120
*Economical victory if you reach enough power production to be equivalent to the 8 bases together in interest after the first 10 minutes.
*Cheater autodestruction (and double lose) if you reach the same level before XD.
*Economical non-victory if you have debt to the bank when you eliminate the opponents, you will be asked to repay first. Please, as an host leave a bit of time to the players for that.
**Some players were getting the very bad habit to bank to a ridiculous amount like there was no tomorrow. Now there will be a tomorrow so they will have the time to bankrupt :D .
**That debt will be repaid when you have your victory message and the bank will refuse to loan anymore. So if you want to save a teamate, it gonna be with your own power.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote:@Zydonk : use the latest mapmod that fit your oil preference as a mod, they work well.

Will try that - curious to see how it plays on familiar maps.

As for "earnest": I was surprised by the word myself. But I think "rat maze" too unkind a description. There's a plodding quality to the map, do this and then do that; eg enemy bases are staggered in distance from the player base, to indicate that one attacks the closest and then the next one and so on. The idea of making three of the bases approachable only by air introduced a tedious element into the game - make a zillion vtols and then carpet bomb into oblivion - which led me to abandon the game.

Be aware that adding frustrations to a game is usually an indication that the progger is working for his pension!

But you reintroduced the lancer bunker(!) - all is forgiven because you did that...

ps the map is beautifully made.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

If I may hazard an irresistable urge to put it figuratively with a distinctly Wildean turn of phrase...

Earnest T. Pettibone, now and then, overestimated the importance of his cunning calculus to the detriment of simply enjoying a cucumber sandwich in the company of a charming lady of mystery. ;)

Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

zydonk wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:@Zydonk : use the latest mapmod that fit your oil preference as a mod, they work well.

Will try that - curious to see how it plays on familiar maps.

As for "earnest": I was surprised by the word myself. But I think "rat maze" too unkind a description. There's a plodding quality to the map, do this and then do that; eg enemy bases are staggered in distance from the player base, to indicate that one attacks the closest and then the next one and so on. The idea of making three of the bases approachable only by air introduced a tedious element into the game - make a zillion vtols and then carpet bomb into oblivion - which led me to abandon the game.

Be aware that adding frustrations to a game is usually an indication that the progger is working for his pension!

But you reintroduced the lancer bunker(!) - all is forgiven because you did that...

ps the map is beautifully made.
Oh... I'm sorry, anarchy is a duel map : pos 0 vs pos 1 . Anything else is a bonus.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

NRSpV120
*Economical victory if you reach enough power production to be equivalent to the 8 bases together in interest after the first 10 minutes.
*Cheater autodestruction (and double lose) if you reach the same level before XD.
I used to like your mod...
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote: I used to like your mod...
Could you be more specific ? What you don't like anymore ? what is the link with V120 exactly ?
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote: Oh... I'm sorry, anarchy is a duel map : pos 0 vs pos 1 . Anything else is a bonus.
Duel map for 8 players, three of which are sequestered from the fray? I don't understand this.

Also: how on earth can the mod version be sooooo different to the mapmod version? My first impulse was to crank up my old EL-9300 and work up an evaluation prog. It is sooooooooo geeky!!!!!! Is it a mp mod? There are no defense structures - to prevent turtling? But why such a weirdly complex research offering when mp's last no more than an hour?

I have read posts in this topic over the months, but nothing I gleaned there has prepared me for the sheer strangeness of your mod. Give me at least a mg bunker and I will try again...
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:
Giani wrote: I used to like your mod...
Could you be more specific ? What you don't like anymore ? what is the link with V120 exactly ?
The mod is VERY complicated now (By what i see in this thread, maybe I should play it to see if it is) and the economycal victory.