[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Post by Iluvalar »

which is ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:which is ?
The attachment for downloading it.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

fine...

:D
Attachments
8c-NTW_NRSpV127.wz
(297.13 KiB) Downloaded 534 times
8c-Pill_NRSpV127.wz
(314.75 KiB) Downloaded 569 times
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Picking up on karamel's comments (really felt for him there) - I tried 122 and was completely exasperated when I discovered that my largish troupe(!) of mg wheelies couldn't pop one little hover cannon as it whizzed about like a demented fly within my base. But I did laugh at the absurdity of it.

Even so, I'll try v127 - NRS is so original and you seem to know the WZ spec down to the last hp that something really useful to the game must come from the mod, probably around v800 or so...
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

hahaha, yeah. I have pushed a bit wider the gap between light bodies and heavy bodies. It permit a large spectrum of quantity vs quality situations.

For the same amount of power, a player can have 100 mg trucks or 5 rocket python. But somehow, it gonna be fair. If on top of that, you are late on research (or play an insane AI) your poor mg wheels will fall like flies.

It's meant to be "epic" not "absurd" ;)

Please note : known bug : In high oil, the ai cheat a lot more research now. I made the power cheating follow the oil distribution but i forgot about the research boost that would come from that... I'll try to fix that soon.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I just had a look at the AI shipped with 8c-Pill_NRSpV127.wz.
  • Typo?: first index of some tech array items seems to be broken.
  • As long as VTOL propulsion isn't the last one in the propulsion branch, replacing it with Hover in the list makes the AI research all propulsions and thus use more templates.
You may want to switch from fixed templates to generated on run-time templates, the way i did with MCRbot:

Code: Select all

event initialisedEvent(CALL_GAMEINIT)
{
		i = 0;
		tmpl[0][i] = assembleWeaponTemplate(me, b_viper, p_wheels, w_mg); i = i + 1;
		tmpl[0][i] = assembleWeaponTemplate(me, b_viper, p_halftracks, w_mg); i = i + 1;
where body, propulsion and weapon string constants are defined in the .vlo file and can probably be easily generated by the script; this will allow easier template list modifying.

Alternatively, considering the structure of NRS, you may probably just throw away all the pre-defined template hell and put assembleWeaponTemplate() calls straight into the unit production code to always take the best weapon, the best body and the best propulsion available (?)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

You're right about the vtols, they were the last when I did the list, then I figured that the hover unlock new oil. So when i shrinked the propulsion line lenght I needed to invert those... I fixed that in the next release

Same for the typo, thx to notice.

If you can figure out how to find what is avalaible at which moment, I'll be happy to change that AI. Just point me exactly what I need to change.

Please, note that this AI is generated using a model. So I will need to know exactly what you changed.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Emm. What you need is a loop like that:

_idx = numWeapons[branchTypeIdx] - 1;
		while (_idx >= 0 and _bestWeapon == NULLSTAT)
		{
			if (isComponentAvailable(me, weapon[branchTypeIdx][_idx]))
			{
				_bestWeapon = weapon[branchTypeIdx][_idx];
			}
			_idx--;
		}
where weapon[][] is an array (you will probably like to generate it automatically) that may look like that:

weapon[0][0]="MG1Mk1";
weapon[0][1]="MG2Mk1";
weapon[0][2]="MG3Mk1";
weapon[1][0]="Missile-LtSAM";
weapon[1][1]="Missile-HvySAM";
(this needs to be defined in both .slo and .vlo files) and branchTypeIdx is pointing to what sort of weapon we are trying to pick. The same with bodies; they are checked with the same isComponentAvailable() call; probably you'd need to have multiple body lists as well.

Then the production routine may proceed like that:

local	TEMPLATE	_newTemplate;

_newTemplate = assembleWeaponTemplate(me, _bestBody, _bestPropulsion, _bestWeapon);
	if (_newTemplate == NULLTEMPLATE or not skCanBuildTemplate(me, _factory, _newTemplate))
	{
		// fail
		return;
	}
	buildDroid(_newTemplate, _factory, me, 1)
I can try to complete the coding if you just provide me with the body and weapon array already put into the AI code (or maybe i could try to proceed anyway ...)

You can use the VTOL construction code in Semperfi AI from 3.1 as a reference/example.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

These are the 2 models I use.

I can generate all the arrays so dont worry about that. If you could make it functionnal with a little prototype array, I would be very happy.
Attachments
player0.vlo
(23.94 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
player0.slo
(101.32 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok here's my attempt. You need to fill the .vlo file with some sensible data (at the top).

Right now this AI produces its tanks on tracked or hover propulsion (falling back to wheels or ht when unavailable) and uses first cannon/flamer/mg available. It uses project, european and african bodies (the last available), 1:1:1 small medium large. This right now results in producing units like "heavy cannon viper tracks"; not sure if it's ok in NRS.

I also made a little tweak that makes him throw cyborgs into attack (one-line tweak in droidBuiltAssign event handler).

The only difference between the three branches is (or should be) their research path.

Most of the new definitions are on top of the files, feel free to move them to a proper place.
The factoryBuildDroid() function is responsible for assembling droid templates.
Attachments
player0.vlo
(18.14 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
player0.slo
(103.39 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
wz2100-20120725_132018-Sk-Clover.jpg
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Attention skirmish players ! This is a very unique offer.

In collaboration with the maker of nullBot, I present you the best warzone2100 AI ever when it come to template design. Not only it will design the best possible tanks for his own research line, but it will also use parts from other teammates. Even humans. And even if they research parts not used by any of the AIs. They will make designs that I never even thought about yet !

Unfortunately, such design are not transmitted to other players in multiplayer games, so it can't be used... Because of that, I will have to return to the old AI in the V130... So it's your only chance to try this beast in action :( .
Attachments
8c-Origami_NRSpV129.wz
(321.45 KiB) Downloaded 543 times
A lizard hmg designed by the AI ...
A lizard hmg designed by the AI ...
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

oops sorry, this is coming late:

NRSpV130
Reverted V129 for mp compatibility
Changed the way the normalizer see the <100% values for weapon modifier. Now 50% will be seen as the invert of 200% . This solve a bug with cyborgs looking impervious to cannons and antitank (they were as low as 9%)
Increased the weapon modifiers to 40% of mean deviation now that it is possible. If I'm right, it should increase the speed of perceived progress of research. The new perfect army size is 1@
Removed the loan payement at the end of the game, with the new bankrupt system it was not so much useful... more annoying.

NRSpV131
*Tuning in the AI (again) the high oil AI was a lot stronger
*It's the return of the extreme speed lab ! I know that the noobs will use them (I dont recommand it unless it's a team choice). But otherwise they build 4 omega labs anyway... So there is nothing I can do with the noobs. At least, with an infinity lab, they will eventually understand that it's not that good.à
*With higher weap. mod. I felt that more weapons lines are used together with success. So I nerfed the HP upgrades scale to 80% because it affect every weapon together.

NRSpV132
*Parks and modernbanks had a silly design flaw I just realized : It freeze the power they produce, but you can request if with a bank. Which make the power usable right away... They are kept into the game, but now have the exact same production than normal interest.
*Increased the speed lab taxes. Now they are officialy weaker than most research option in the game.
*The derrick tax system is replaced by an "outside financing". It's the same thing in theory, but instead of producing more and paying taxes after, you simply produce less. 1/3 of your power should come from nowhere and 2/3 from derricks. It was already like that since V128.
*Changed starting power, to take into account that extra power (start with that less).
*Added 4 new wall upgrades and extended the research accordingly up to 80 minutes. They should work their way up to the very end of the game.
Attachments
8c-Suspicion_NRSpV132.wz
(342.23 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
testtest1
Greenhorn

Post by testtest1 »

your mods are very big and my uploadspeed is 10 kb/s only
i cant use your mods online because the players need to download 30s+ and the most will exit or the game gets out of the lobby and start lagging
your researchsystem is very good could you upload a smaller mod with only the new researches ?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Errata :

I'm sorry but it seem like that suspicion V132 just above do not contain the nexus lab. It's most likely a missnamed V130.

Here is a real V132 in anarchy :

Dont forget anarchy is a duel map (0vs1) anything else is NOT guaranteed to be the best warzone2100 experience of your life...
Attachments
8c-Anarchy_NRSpV132.wz
(325.27 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
testtest1
Greenhorn

Post by testtest1 »

are these player.vlo scripts really needed for online games?
would be very nice if you upload the source of next research
i mean the
-stats
-components
-names
and all what is required for it
because i dont know how this mod is built - thxx