[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS)

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV122
*Gave up implementing a real demand/offer function (open to suggestions). I just capped the minimum interest to 2/3 for now. This mean if you start to be very rich, you will stop affecting the interest downward that much.
*Production upgrade (research,factory,engineering) quirk : They are not balanced anymore ! They will be OP at start and then regress to a plain bad choice
**The Idea behind this is to make every game balance on it own equilibrium. And probably differently from playstyle to playstyle. We shall see :)
**The early production upgrades should also add to the opening dynamics. Should you start with a factory and 10 trucks or a lab, 5 trucks and an engineering upgrade ???
*9 engineering upgrade and 9 functional factory upgrade now.
*Production functions reduced at start. It should quickly go up and then fall around the standards. Since the firsts are OP.
*Informed the mod about the increased build time (now 7.5 minute). Should have an impact on the balance...
*increase the HP of everything ! This should greatly increase the micro management on the battle field.
*Increased price of all units and defence structures. More HP meant more resistance and there was a lot too much units now (100 units for every player in beggarKanyon)
*Documentation : new things now have a three letter code like this "[.h civ]" in their name. Write that in the chat console and receive an explanation about civilans.
*".t" command give pro tips to improve your knowledge about the mod. Press ".tr" to enter the trader guild now.
*The AI now get faction bonus when appropriate. You dont need to change the difficulty because the AI is alone anymore.
*Some other tuning in the AI seemed necessary.
*The difficulty bar on the AI now give 1/4 of a bank for each step on it. So it will adjust with the "oil per faction" mod setting. You should have the same difficulty independently of the amount of oil in the map. At the same time, the step on the difficulty bar are now about 2/3 of what they were. We'll have a bit more tuning capacity for the ai difficulty. However, the AI should still be able to kill more than one pro player at once if you turn the bar over the medium setting !

Have fun !!
Attachments
8c-NTW_NRSpV122.wz
(296.4 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
8c-Pill_NRSpV122.wz
(314.05 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

all this files do is make the game crash >_>
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Tenoh wrote:all this files do is make the game crash >_>
It only works in 2.3.9.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

No. It's 3.1 that dont work with NRS. :P

NRSpV123
*In theory, it was just 50% slower (1/3), but in game it was an eternity !
**Reverted : Production slow down
**Reverted : Build time increased
**Toned down (but not removed) : Early production cheap research.
*Commanders boosted a bit more (I want to see them again in game).
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

oh,ok! thx for explaining guys! ^_^
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

No. It's 3.1 that dont work with NRS.
no its nrs that doesnt work :P
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

tmp500 wrote:
No. It's 3.1 that dont work with NRS.
no its nrs that doesnt work :P
+1
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
karamel
Trained
Trained

Post by karamel »

I played a few games with version 121 and I must say I haven't found my way in it.

The research is so slow that you will need long minutes just to have a new weapon and start making units more effective. At least you have the time, because every single battle takes ages, units seems almost invulnerable. So just ignore a few of them and defenses and head up right into the base… :annoyed:

I must say I never finished a game, whether I lost because I just didn't have the correct weapon (cannot adapt with 3 different weapons) when a horde came in the base, because I got bored after 10 minutes with the same weapon and no way to set some kind of defenses (even if I have almost half of the oil) or because my computer shuts down due to overheat :augh:

I see it like an elitist or hardcore player mod, for those who fully knows the impact of each clic in the game and can choose between of hudge amount possibilities and judge them all. I tried and I feel that there's something good in it I and must just miss it, but I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm just stupid and obstinating in the wrong way.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Are you sure you are playing against a non-cheating AI (first level of difficulty) ?

All new components lines last for 20 minutes. This mean you should have a new weapon each 4 minutes if you follow the line directly. I dont see how that is slow. To be honest, we start to really feel the end of the tech-tree after an hour. I couldn't possibly speed it up any more.

If you want to experiment and grind something faster, you could use the omega lab, the "all on" faction or research upgrades.

The 3rd weapon line in the same game is a very rare event that should only happen when 2 pro players force each others out of the 2 first lines. The AI do not react at all to the opponent weapon. It is just switching from time to time to avoid being itself abused by it's weakness. You are probably spread your research into too many researches at the same time.

This mod is entirely cabal-free XD . You could decide any weapon line, any propulsion or any body size before you start and be able to give a good match and have a decent chance to win with it. There is no secret pathes you need to follow.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote: All new components lines last for 20 minutes. This mean you should have a new weapon each 4 minutes if you follow the line directly. I dont see how that is slow. To be honest, we start to really feel the end of the tech-tree after an hour. I couldn't possibly speed it up any more.
I played NRS many times, since I was a noob. And for getting a new weapon it usually took me around 7-12 minutes.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote:
Iluvalar wrote: All new components lines last for 20 minutes. This mean you should have a new weapon each 4 minutes if you follow the line directly. I dont see how that is slow. To be honest, we start to really feel the end of the tech-tree after an hour. I couldn't possibly speed it up any more.
I played NRS many times, since I was a noob. And for getting a new weapon it usually took me around 7-12 minutes.
The first steps for new weapons lines are sometime a bit bigger. If you pursue the flashlight or the gauss line for instance. But the research speed is calculated in consequence of that 20 minutes. So you reach the hyper fire laser exactly 20 minutes after the flashlight. Each lines (except BB) have at least 5 weapons.
karamel
Trained
Trained

Post by karamel »

Iluvalar wrote:Are you sure you are playing against a non-cheating AI (first level of difficulty) ? All new components lines last for 20 minutes. This mean you should have a new weapon each 4 minutes if you follow the line directly. I dont see how that is slow.
It must be that, I played on standart difficulty or a bit lower, but I haven't tested "easy" difficulty (I expected it to have like less power than normal or wastes time). I also choose more than 1 branch per lab, if I have 3 or 4 labs (to keep factories busy) I can have 2 weapons with upgrades, half-tracks, armors and bodies, repair turret, power upgrades, this makes a new weapon much slower. I'll try the "dumb" rocket-machinegun path with no other thing (and no retreat) to see if I can destroy a viper wheels or half-tracks cannon faster than it is built.

I'll report if I can get the essence of it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV125
*Reduced the AI strenght. A medium AI should now worth a hard AI in normal game.
**Karamel (along with others) were too much dying against that impossible AI. Because the setting was too odd.
**Note : the AI is still weak against rushing... Just dont rush it.

NRSpV126
*bug fix : cost increase in V122 was inefficient.
*Banks with more teeths :
**Bankrupt : Now based on you direct interest instead of your total power.
**Clear console message about what gonna happen next and when if in debt.
Attachments
8c-NTW_NRSpV126.wz
high oil map pack
(297.1 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
8c-Pill_NRSpV126.wz
low oil map pack
(314.77 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV127
There were huge bugs in the weapon modifier normalizer. I found it by tracking why the cannons were suddenly that strong against structures (causing cannon rush in V126). Who knows what other impact it had in game...
Giani
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:NRSpV127
There were huge bugs in the weapon modifier normalizer. I found it by tracking why the cannons were suddenly that strong against structures (causing cannon rush in V126). Who knows what other impact it had in game...
I think you forgot something that is very important if you want the people to play your mod...