[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS)

Post by NoQ »

You can try to use enumStruct() loop to count structures; this is known to include the incomplete structures.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar wrote: I dont see how building an oil ressource would be any different from building a civilian, a financial center or an housing ?
oil resource is not srtucture, so i think it cannot be built direct from truck.
Iluvalar wrote:@reg312 : how knowing if there is one such structure being built could help me avoid your hack ?

I dont see how building an oil ressource would be any different from building a civilian, a financial center or an housing ?
you can check if financial being built and then dont add power from financial.
it can cause some power loss

NoQ's way is better: use enum strctures + structureComplete
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

My solution is even a lot more simpler : Don't do it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i thought the half builds problem had been taken care of??????????????????? was it not hard coded into the releases???????????? now why has this bull crap been brought back????????????????? just to start flame wars??????????????????????? if this isnt fixed then it should be terminated. thanks.

:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Problem in modded script which counts structures of some type and adds energy to players depending on structures number
at all, i removed picture with this bug.
i think i slightly provoked Iluvalar's reaction, it was just funny to find small power bug :)
i suspect i too much criticism NRS mod
Iluvalar, your mod are pretty nice! bye
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Thank you reg312.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

lav_coyote25 wrote:i thought the half builds problem had been taken care of??????????????????? was it not hard coded into the releases???????????? now why has this bull crap been brought back????????????????? just to start flame wars??????????????????????? if this isnt fixed then it should be terminated. thanks.

:annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
You're not reading the thread, we're talking about a completely different exploit.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:You can try to use enumStruct() loop to count structures; this is known to include the incomplete structures.

incomplete structures?? half builds?? :hmm: and in that picture that is now removed ( shouldnt have done that). all i saw was half builds. so now your saying it wasnt that??? ok. whatever.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Still not reading ... We're talking about a bug in the Iluvalar's scripts, that's not something the game itself could have fixed.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

How much would it take to make NRS compatible with the master builds?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I dont know... more than 3 hours. As soon as I fix a bug, another one appear. and there is absolutely no documentation about what to do to fix a mod for master. I didn't felt close to make it running on master after the first 3 hours..

So I guess it would be faster to restart from scratch with master datas (using all my functions of course)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRS+V76
Here I'm back with the NRS mod ! Here is the story : I needed to reinstall my computer. And i made a backup of the main script used with most of my stuff. But i forgot to backup the warzone-2.3.8 folder. That old folder was containing a pre version off the mod manually edited, that I was using as a base for the mod. So I've been forced to remake a new one.
*Consequences :
*Do not play V74 and V75 they are full of bugs ! I'll need the help of you guys to spot changes and maybe new bugs that might have occured during the rewriting of the base.
*The propulsions are totally remaked. There is no more manually edited changes into them, they are all the close of the first propulsion of the set.

*There was a bug with cyborgs (again). it was the laser borgs that were the more advantaged by that. It's now fixed.
*I have multiplied the HP of the multiturret bodies according to the number of turret they have. Since it's autobalanced, they probably cost a lot more and have less armor then before.
*That was already true in V73, but for now on, I might pack all map as an hybrid of 2p and 4p map. Basicaly I make a 4p mod with double starting power, then I tel the ingame script that it is actually meant to be a 2p mod, so when 4p enter into it, they get their power cuted back to the standard starting power.

Edit: Remember that I have changed the rules and players with less players in their team will be compensated with more starting power. you can play an "FFA" were some players are in a 3p team and some others are alone.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRS+V77
*Fixed the flashlight transforming into pulse.
*Fixed depiction of scourge in the long range missiles upgrades. now MRA.
*Fixed The weapon type were like standard mod. I changed them back as what I have annouced here. Please.. report such bug.
*Increased documentation in the labs name. It will now tell you how much they cost in total.
*Totally redesigned the MRA. They have a bit shorter range (Ripple players dont need more long range) and they have a new "shotgun" mode for close combat. They will turn off their target computer at short range. Spreading their missile instead of focusing on only one unit (probaly in a pack of light bodies if they made it trough the first shot)
*The power output of all the medium bodies by 3000 (1500->1200 mostly)
*Since that was still not enough to make the cobra overall better than the viper, I chose to move the cobra after scorpion. Is that necessary that all the bodies color fit like that ? Wouldnt not be better to shuffle them ? So different body size would make different timing possible ?.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

Just a friendly suggestion, I really would like to see NRS compatible with master. :) One big reason is the improved missile-to-target allocation system built into master. I played with BP's rebalance mod on master, and one MRL emplacement wiped out *4* scavenger walls using only 2 missiles for each target. It's actually quite entertaining to watch, and the long-ranged artillery is just as efficient. A whole scavenger base was decimated in one salvo (one set of salvos), using only as many rockets for each target as needed. :)

This is a very nice mod that deserves to be on master as well as 2.3.9. :)
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I just tried 3.1 and it crash when someone try to join my game... so i'm trying to find an host or irc, but it's not easy... As lonf as it is like that, i wont spend hours to convert the mod to an unplayed obscure fork. I'm still amazed how much they have been willing to spend on an unstable, unplayed game. I'm not like this, I develop on the version that is played.