[mod]Next Research System (NRS) 2.3.9

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: [mod]Next Research System (NRS)

Post by Iluvalar »

I don't know why, but i feel this design rocks !
Attachments
wz2100-20120323_232420-NTW_NRSpV104-T1.jpg
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV104
*New good : Housing (.bh .sh). counting reactor, housing, solar plant and civilians to fix the interest. This will make the first few of them very valuable. Then much more like it is now and if you overdo it, the interest will go down. It will also slowly increase as the time pass.
*New good : Weapon (.bw .sw) counting the number of running factories to fix the interest :D .
*New stuff : Lobyist (.bl) they cost 1/4 of a bank and make everyone lose 1/2 bank in power. That will never be good unless you are truely dominating financialy.
*Everything explode now when you bankrupt, even units. It make it techicaly possible to win without never building a weapon

NRSpV105
*Many fine tuning of the trade system
*That made me discover that we are not spending 50% of our budget in research. It's seem closer to 35%. The price of the research will be reduced so i can keep the 10 lab projection i'm using every where. That wil change your habits. Hopefully reduce the rush a little more.
*Traders will receive "info" each 30 seconds. It should reduce the number of spammed ".i" lol
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

"*Everything explode now when you bankrupt, even units. It make it techicaly possible to win without never building a weapon"
hmmm

"Hopefully reduce the rush a little more."
Great :)
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV106
This version only change trader mode again.
*More realistic interest calculation for goods.
*We sell goods at 95% of the price. Should create a minimum of stability and create some risk.
*The trader mode can be started only at minute 3. To let the players have time to start their base and their production/research.
*Fishes are no more random. They now correspond to anything else than electronics and weapons.
**I fixed it so if 50% of the map stop to research and produce altogether, those fishes would give a so big interest it become better than to research. At least until the price of them increase that much. It should create interesting situations
*We now start with one of each goods again. So the players that are unaware of the trader mode, should be mildly affected by everything.

NRSpV107
What a shame... I'm frustrated... After all that work, I discovered that the message I use for the trading system are not taken into account. And I can nothing to fix that. The script can only detect your own message, or message sent to an AI. IF you are human, I cant make a valid message trigger. :(.
Oh well... I'll leave that the way it is now, I guess it still playable somehow, but a big part of the fun is gone :( .
Attachments
8c-Origami_NRSpV108.wz
(341.35 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

How about a "random" faction? You type some code, then you become one of the factions, and only you know which one (but it's not necessarily effective on this particular map, so it's sort of balanced).
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV109
*uplink price reduced
*New derrick tax !! Slowly increasing more and more while you get more derrick.
**Every derick will still produce more overall then the previous. dont worry
**The production is equilibrated on the normal power count for the mod pack. If you have less than the normal amount, you'll now get more power. It's double for the first derrick and then go down.
**This way the victory of a player will be less brutal. The losing player will have a bit more time to react and maybe end his research. And we'll see a bit more comeback.
*new faction "no quit" gives a random bonus. Advantage : nobody else know what it is in advance. Disadvantage : some like "CU" are weaker and it might be inapropriate for the given map.
Last edited by Iluvalar on 13 Apr 2012, 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote: *New derrick tax !! Slowly increasing more and more while you get more derrick.
O_o What?
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar wrote:NRSpV109
**Every derick will still produce more then the previous. dont worry
nice, i like it
less derrick rush. more use mind :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote:
Iluvalar wrote: *New derrick tax !! Slowly increasing more and more while you get more derrick.
O_o What?
Each new derrick is less efficient than the previous one. Because of an increasing tax i collect each 10 seconds.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:
Giani wrote:
O_o What?
Each new derrick is less efficient than the previous one. Because of an increasing tax i collect each 10 seconds.
So it is better to have 1 derrick than 2 derricks? :hmm:
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Giani wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:
Giani wrote:
O_o What?
So it is better to have 1 derrick than 2 derricks? :hmm:
Iluvalar wrote: NRSpV109
**Every derick will still produce more overall then the previous. dont worry
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV110
*Double the structure HP. (drastic change!)
**I'm open to critic, but it seem that many successives changes I made favored the droids. I'm just equilibrating that again. Players were taking the bad habit to ignore enemy tanks and charge the structures. I dont think we want that to happen so much. This should improve the turtlers strat a lot.
*Truck body (NTW) (as light), viper (as mid light (unchanged)), bus body (as mid heavy) and fire body (as heavy) Are now accessible from start. I let you find your designs, but considering the prices variation, you should go with the weapon price as major factor.
*Heavy bodies less heavy. after making test with firebody, I found that with the propulsion it was a bit too much...
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NRSpV111
*Prestige is a new ressource that can't be sold, that can't be bought. It's only produce interest in a slighly higher rate than the power. It's even better than research on long term. But I bet it will be a too long term to make it an ultimate weapon.
**New building : Park. Produce prestige much more like financial centre produce power.
**New building : Modern Bank. An hybrid between the previous bank and the park. Only give you half a bank, but invest the other half into a prestige producing building. As a result, it will automatically repay your debt and even on very long term, make you produce more. This will be the new default bank.
**In my test games, it took about 8 minutes to my park to produce enough energy to now produce like you never spent your money at all. It is definitively faster than what it take to a financial center to pay for another one. But at that point, you still lost a bit of power in the void... However if you survive past that point, it start to pay more and more and never stop and you can make some evil laughter. Remember that at that point, the prestige stay even if the park is destroyed.
TheBurlak20
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TheBurlak20 »

Where can I find the latest version? I looked in the folder that you provided in first post and not found.
My English sucks...
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Sorry, as you can guess with that version number, i can't realy keep all the uploads up to date XD
Attachments
8c-NTW_NRSpV111.wz
High oil version 30o/p
(292 KiB) Downloaded 244 times
8c-Origami_NRSpV111.wz
low oil version 8.5 o/p
(313.83 KiB) Downloaded 237 times