maps by core

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
core
Greenhorn

maps by core

Post by core »

Take a look at this 4player map created with flame.
Attachments
file.jpg
file.jpg (2.71 KiB) Viewed 7675 times
4c-PHOTON.wz
4 player map with 36 oils at base. 2vs2 or ffa both supported.
(7.21 KiB) Downloaded 347 times
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Re: maps by core

Post by Jonix »

You should change the shape... it might offend someone...
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Jonix wrote:You should change the shape... it might offend someone...
:annoyed:
One would probably need to be in an "alternative" state of mind to see a swastika there and actually be offended by it :hmm:
srsly guise

~Olrox
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've been thinking about it a few times already.
4-player maps are hard to make because of that problem (:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I've been thinking of a semi-automated algorithm to generate realistic and balanced maps for warzone, for quite some time now - ever since I've started studying algorithms in my course, to be more precise.

IMHO this specific shape "problem" doesn't really exist, I personally think that the difficulty of implementing creativity via rational means due to constant interruptions caused by inefficient methods is the main problem with people creating all kinds of maps - realistic or not.

I thoroughly prefer realistic maps, but do recognize that the astonishment and fun of discovering new terrain from a 3rd-person, birds' eye perspective wears down pretty fast and becomes tedious as you get to know the terrain, and the opposite happens with geometric maps most of the time - usually the terrain is so basic that you already know how it is before the game even starts, and all of its fun comes with the different mixes of tactics/action, which is much more evident.

And I sincerely think it is possible to have both attractions simultaneously by...

...something. But that's a secret. Not gonna tell you because I've already got some things due for months ago and the folks must be already mad at me creating expectations and then vanishing suddenly :P

One step at a time :lol2: 'nuff off-topic!

~Olrox
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

auuu. you should change all:-D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

You should change the shape... it might offend someone.
:)

Somehow indeed that is true, and NoQ.. dangerous four player maps ?? :)

Well that is true sometimes I am afraid what will occur when I rotate something three times :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Should probably add that the map creator is Indian. The Swastika is not seen as offensive in the east.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well we are just joking here, at least me :lecture:

Of course all depends on region on the world and knowledge about other countries.

But indeed its true that sometimes I am surprised by the rotating effect even after making plenty of maps and intending how they are too look after the rotation :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
core
Greenhorn

Post by core »

Another 4player high power map!
Attachments
ccrv.jpg
ccrv.jpg (1.78 KiB) Viewed 7225 times
4c-ccrv.wz
(3.38 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Core :)

I have to admit there is something beautiful about simplicity of this map :) I will even take small inspiration from you :)

Under your signature on the map you did a small hole.

I can see you painted the cliff tiles manually, look at the edges Sir, there go special tiles, the tringulat-like ones. If you use them the edges of any cliff corners look prettier.

I dare to call your creations cog-like but there still is something interesting about them :)

Try to use brushes also, they are in terrain painter tab, it will help you as I dont know heading all tiles one direction was intended or not.

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
core
Greenhorn

Post by core »

Merowingg, thanks for suggestions. :)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks for the maps Core. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

sg1efc wrote:Thanks for the maps Core. :)
thanks for your spam
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Delphinio wrote:
sg1efc wrote:Thanks for the maps Core. :)
thanks for your spam
Am I misunderstanding your message? Are you upset that I have not Thanked you for being an Art contributor? Or are you an :evil:hole or what? :?: What did I ever do to you....??????

No offense to anyone in this forum but what is it with some people here taking things so personally? And no one is allowed to post a nice Thank You to show our appreciation?

By the way, I have made posts at this forum Thanking "Everyone who has helped to create Warzone 2100 and all those who continue to improve it".
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)