[3.1+] Tileset Remixes

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

[3.1+] Tileset Remixes

Post by NoQ »

For how it's done, see http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/ModdingTilesets :idea:

This thread contains:

A volcanic landscape mod that replaces the arizona tileset with some sort of volcanic planet terrain. Also, far from perfect so far (: And, of course, won't work with game versions prior to 3.1.

The tileset contains some new terrain textures and re-uses some in-game terrain textures from different tilesets. It also includes re-colored decals and neutral structures to fit the place.
  • volcanic-1-01.wz
    A multiplayer mod for v3.1_rc2+
    (2.83 MiB) Downloaded 1329 times
    Licensed under GPLv2 (uses base game stuff)
History: This thread started in January 2011, but the tileset posted at this day was lost :oops: the file was placed on some file sharing service due to not fitting into forum size attachment limit and eventually died and i didn't have a copy. Now we only have some pictures of how it used to look:
Spoiler:
Then this message was edited, and now it contains a tileset re-made from scratch. I managed to fit it into the forum attachment limit by re-using the in-game textures, so it won't hopefully be lost again (:
wz2100-20120702_083057-Arid-T1.jpg
wz2100-20120702_085109-Sk-Startup.jpg
Last edited by NoQ on 06 Jan 2013, 16:21, edited 23 times in total.
Shesiressu
Greenhorn

Re: Volcanic landscape for 3.0+

Post by Shesiressu »

Sweet. I like it.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Ah, I wondered how long it would take until someone released a terrain texture pack. Looks very interesting.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello NoQ :)

I agree the tiles look nice :) And terrarian tiles pack would be a great thing :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Just made a version of this mod that doesn't break other tilesets (thanks Mysteryem! :3 ). Unfortunately, it reduces the mod's compatibility.

The following version of the mod seems to work perfectly with 3.0beta4:
Download here - link dead.
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 01 Nov 2011, 05:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link dead. removed the url. lav_coyote25
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh lol, both downloading links are dead. Anybody still has a copy of this? :oops:
Or most importantly, a better place to put a ~30MB file? :roll:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ stop being boring, volcanic ?? some people already work on Hello Kitty stuff ;) imagine how Hello Kitty landscape would be cool :)

Ok joke of course :)

Speaking of copies, just becuse of situations like that I record my creations not only on CD's but also my portable hardrive, mark my words it is a good thing to do!

I like the landscape very much although I almose entirely do not use mods, I think I wouldnt be able to instal one now :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

[3.1+] Tileset remixes

Post by NoQ »

(self-deleted)
Last edited by NoQ on 10 Sep 2012, 13:40, edited 4 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: [3.1+] Tileset remixes

Post by NoQ »

The following mod replaces the arizona tileset with the "paradise tileset", the one used in my 6c-Mirage map, and also replaces arizona boulders with palm trees made by Jorzi and Berg.
It uses rocky mountains dirt texture for cliffs, rocky mountains grass for arizona brown (light grass near desert), urban green for arizona green (deep grass near water), slightly separates yellow and sand (same standard texture with different scale factor), uses large urban concrete tiles for concrete, and palm trees (destroyable!) instead of arizona boulders.
wz2100-20120702_130103-Arid-T1.jpg
wz2100-20120702_130140-Arid-T1.jpg
Last edited by NoQ on 15 Oct 2012, 05:42, edited 6 times in total.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Leaves look too bright, but lovin' that palm tree overall.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, seems as if the half-transparency sort of doesn't work ...
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

That's weird, apparently it saved the alpha 0 pixels as white... gotta resave with some other color underneath
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Looks great :) I cannot wait tp see the following ideas :)

Could you add some description of what a particular tileset remix contains? or what changes have been implemented? where possible od course :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It uses rocky mountains dirt texture for cliffs, rocky mountains grass for arizona brown (light grass near desert), urban green for arizona green (deep grass near water), slightly separates yellow and sand (same standard texture with different scale factor), uses large urban concrete tiles for concrete, and palm trees (destroyable!) instead of arizona boulders.

(added this to the first message)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you, I hope I wasn't too insistent :oops:

Regards - Mero