Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1

Post by Merowingg »

we do only want quality maps right?
Be careful now :lecture:

And yes it is interesting as Duda spotted, describe quality :hmm:

About tips.. there is the manual by Bluemaxima in FlaMe's thread, also NoQ did great one, and the link he has already posted :lecture:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

quality maps are ones that are not high oil and flat
they don't have choke points where units get stuck
they go the extra mile and don't make it look barren
they are pretty much even for all players
they are not flat
they are not high oil
they are not named NTW
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

they are not flat
I guess i can derive from this that there are no quality maps (:
crass
Trained
Trained

Post by crass »

some maps only have room for 2-5 tiles to pass they need to have it at least 7-9 tiles wide to let units pass with no traffic jams
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Medusa is that you? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Or did Medusa send you? :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

they are not flat

I guess i can derive from this that there are no quality maps (:
:laughingneq: :laughingneq: :laughingneq: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

aubergine wrote:If there is a list of map making tips, I'd very much like someone to PM me a link to it as I want to add lots of documentation on that subject to the mods wiki I'm working on. :)
This is nothing to do with mapping tips. Here's a program called Map Printer [Details] which allows you to make like a print out of a map for the purpose of a preview.

Not sure if it is worth being included in your documentation in anyway, and neither am I sure about the license. (Hopefully public domain). Hmmm, not even sure if it works for the current version of maps.

Note: You'll find the Username and Password if you follow the links.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Post by Slartifartbarstud »

Hey all, I've created some maps that I want to upload.
To what levels should I populate the bases?? For my own testing / playing purposes I give each player a command centre, 1 cyborg factory, 2 factories, 2 generators, 3 research facilities and 4 trucks. Is this enough to cover T3 to T1 starts and advanced/basic bases??? Should I add hardpoints and walls to create better advanced bases?
Also when compiling the maps I use the CC3.0 + GPl v2 setting, is this correct for 3.1??
Plus when I've done 3 and 6 player maps I get a message saying I must enable player support when compiling. Is this standard and will it affect anything in gameplay?
Looking forward to uploading the maps I've made. I use Flame 1.25 as a map creator btw.
Played Warzone since released on PS1 so hope I have made some challenging battle arenas!!
Be great to get some pointers before I upload, but once I do if some of you devs / moderators want to test and point out any improvements I'm always open for new ideas.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Idk what is the better choice, but for the bases I use 1 tank factory(whit 1 module), 1 cyborg factory, 2 power generators(whit modules), 2 research facilities(1 whit module), the command center and 3 trucks.
But you can't make a T3 and a T1 base, you can make only a base that will be the same in T1, T2 and T3. The only change is the technology you have.
For licenses : viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8094
And this isn't the right thread to ask that...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@NoQ @JDW - thanks for links will check them out.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Slartifartbarstud wrote:To what levels should I populate the bases?? For my own testing / playing purposes I give each player a command centre, 1 cyborg factory, 2 factories, 2 generators, 3 research facilities and 4 trucks. Is this enough to cover T3 to T1 starts and advanced/basic bases??? Should I add hardpoints and walls to create better advanced bases?
You could try asking in the Mapping/Modding subforum. And perhaps the same question has already been asked before by others. You could also have a look at the stock maps which come with the releases. They should give you some perspective on what preferred maps look like.
Giani wrote:And this isn't the right thread to ask that...
Some posts may come off as being slightly off topic, it happens very often. It can't be helped. The best that you could do to help them would be to redirect them to where they could find exactly what they are looking for, rather than just telling them that they are asking in the wrong place.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Cheers for the pointers, I've added a new topic in the showcase forum for a few of the maps I've done, Wanted to submit 3,5 and 6 player maps first as thats what is needed. Working on 7,9 and 10 player maps now, will post soon.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

You see the 3, 6, 7, 9, 10 players maps fewer already begun :!:

No worries :!:

:ninja: :idea: < enlightened ninja for free today :lecture:

Regards - Mero
Slartifartbarstud
Trained
Trained

Hey Guys, just created a 9 player map. Wanted to go with a lunar landscape pock-marked with meteorite craters and think the snow rendering really helps this. Map looks really good when played with Aubergines' 'starzone' sky mod!! Good luck!
9c-Craters.png
Craters Screenshot.png
9c-Craters.wz
(102.82 KiB) Downloaded 927 times
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

First thing that came to my mind is.. try to quckly set teams at both sides of thge map! :)

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501