Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1

Post by effigy »

dak180 wrote:
Staff wrote:Upload them to addons, and if everyone likes them, they will be shipped as part of Warzone 2100.
NoQ wrote:Excellent X-player maps made by Ertox, absolutely high-quality, just what the game ever needed :3
X = 3: GroundAnomaly
X = 5: RiskValleys
X = 6: Critical-cycle
X = 7: Distrust
X = 9: WindFury

More or less sensible X-player maps by me:
X = 3: Tranquil (the only asymmetric map in the list, also needs to be renamed) Monocot Abyss3
X = 5: Starfish
X = 6: Snowfall
X = 7: Disaster
X = 10: Metacity (not FFA, but might be still worth it)
It seems as though most of these have not been reviewed on addons or not submitted at all.

Now that the addons are filterable and http://addons.wz2100.net/master (the url from the post) will show you X-player maps there should be no reason (beyond time available to the reviewers) that maps such as these should not be submitted and reviewed.
All these maps have been reviewed and approved. All are worth inclusion, imo.

edit: Post a link here if there's anymore candidates waiting for review.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

We need more 10 player and 9 player maps please. Perhaps mappers can rework their previous maps, or rework other people's maps, but make sure the license allows it first. i would like to see ColloseumWZ in a 10 P version, unfortunately RBK isn't around.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh well ... (gone painting a 10-player ffa heightmap)

P.S. Those two were also approved recently, though not mentioned in this thread yet ...
http://addons.wz2100.net/map/arid
http://addons.wz2100.net/map/progress
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Somewhat related:
1. Some included maps have little bugs: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2857
2. Since we can have scavengers on 8 player maps, maybe they could be added to the included maps (don't know if there's enough space on all of them though)
Maybe some people handy with map editors could help out there.
We want information... information... information.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

If somebody occasionally fixes something, what is the best way to post it? So that there were no name collision, and on the other hand you didn't have to rename too much.
scavengers on 8 player maps
By the way, http://addons.wz2100.net/map/urbanscraps is an 8-player with scavengers ... is it related to the topic?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:If somebody occasionally fixes something, what is the best way to post it? So that there were no name collision, and on the other hand you didn't have to rename too much.
I'd just attach the updated map to the ticket, it should just overwrite the current one without name changes.
By the way, http://addons.wz2100.net/map/urbanscraps is an 8-player with scavengers ... is it related to the topic?
If you think it's good enough to be included.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Another thing we could do is adding T-shaped and L-shaped walls.

Also, http://addons.wz2100.net/map/emergence - 10-player FFA here, finally.
Now we have FFA maps with scavengers with all possible numbers of players.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-MizaMaze: scavengers, v3.1 walls, some probably-errors fixed (some bases didn't have towers where other do, or had some extra towers in other places).

I also had an idea of adding gateways, but they are not researched by default (in no mode), and it's strange to have things pre-built that aren't researched. Maybe make them researched by default in adv bases or T2+ games? In fact, i'd also like to have minipod tower and mortar pit pre-researched ... should make advanced bases more varied and good looking (those red-and-white minipod towers are really beautiful), but that's another topic.
to the ticket
Hmm, should i have posted that as a ticket instead? Or is there some existing ticket for all maps? :oops:
Attachments
wz2100-20120317_061703-MizaMaze2-T1.jpg
Last edited by NoQ on 18 Mar 2012, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Reattached MizaMaze to #3317, attached Wheel to #2857 as well (posting here so that others didn't bother doing double work).

Edit: fixed GreatRift added to #2857.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

A lot of these maps only have the old .bjo files, no .inis. I assume just loading/saving in a current Flame version will fix that?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Here are all maps that i noticed to not have .inis, updated to have .inis.
Attachments
maps.zip
(440.01 KiB) Downloaded 1027 times
Dororo
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Dororo »

Hi, I am working on a 6-player map for 3.1.X Warzone 2100. May be finished next week.
Do you still need maps for 3.1.X then let me know for how many players - I think there are
no maps for 3, 5, 6, 7, 9 or 10 player, so I started with the 5P one (Yes we start with 0 to count :wink: ).
After you had a look at my style please tell me if its useful and what can be improved, thx, but more about this
in the Showcase non-sticky thread.

Primary content of this post is a question: Do we need more maps for 3,5,6,7,9 or 10 player?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Yes, maps of all types are still needed, as well as the player counts you mentioned.
However, they should be uploaded to the maps/mods section so people can give feedback on them, and once final, be moved to the showcase section, with a unique name.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I always stuck with bimapal ;) creations which fit both 2.3.9 and 3.1

Now I rise a question what a 3.1 map is defined by? Is it only the extraordinary number of players? Or are there any other features?

I understand one can play with tiles placing, anything more?

And where I place such map if I happen to create and would like to help?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero