Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1+

Post by Staff »

Since we have enabled support for maps with 3/5/6/7/9/10 players, it would be nice to actually have at least 1 or more maps of those player counts.

Of course, other player counts can also be included, there is one point that must be followed though, and that is, the maps must be fully populated, so people can pick standard/advanced bases, and they will start with standard/advanced bases.

Upload them to addons, and if everyone likes them, they will be shipped as part of Warzone 2100.

The best way to show off maps is explained here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=7041&p=133239#p133239

Note: Please stop uploading maps that are not made by you, or you don't have the permission to do so. :annoyed:
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.0

Post by NoQ »

Just to be sure: Is it ok to upload a map to addons if it is not compatible with any stable release?? (:
Dalton
Trained
Trained

Post by Dalton »

hao wrote:Just to be sure: Is it ok to upload a map to addons if it is not compatible with any stable release?? (:
Yes, it is fine. :3
It will be stable eventually.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A little bugreporting here: I've tried to upload a map called "3c-Tranquil2.wz" (and even "3c-Tranquil-v2.wz" or "3c-Tranquil_v2.wz") to addons, but it failed with an error:
Error: We already have a map with the name "tranquil"; please rename yours.
I'm running out of imagination (:

Upd: I've uploaded it as "TranquilV2", but it looks like "TranquilV3" is now impossible (:
Upd: He-he, renaming it to "Tranquil" (as an addon name) later works anyway XD

P.S. This is NOT the same map i posted earlier (:
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

I have similar problems recently from sending maps to Addons , so as NoQ.
It earlier was not problem.

"If you are uploading a map, it must be named: #c-[mapname].wz, where # is the number of players. "
name maps ; 6c-UrbanT.wz
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

ok thought i would jump in and start making some maps.
looked at the utilities page and found 2 map makers.
diorama looks like it cant make the requested size maps and i get a 403 error trying to access the flame download (access denied).

I wish to make 2 maps for each player size as my contribution, but never made a map for THIS game before.

a working editor and any advice would be appreciated :)

EDIT: woops, found flame 1.4 in the other thread *blush* trying it out now
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Just wondering if anyone has made any maps for 3.0 yet ??
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yes, certainly. They are hidden in addons though, because they are not supported by the current stable version. There are several in my map thread, and i remember other people doing them as well.
Sick0
Trained
Trained

Post by Sick0 »

Thanks NoQ.

I would like to see the Addon/Map Section with a little better layout. For Example would like to be able to sort and or filter them... Perhaps one day. :)

Sick0
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Maps needed for inclusion into 3.1

Post by vexed »

Staff wrote:Since we have enabled support for maps with 3/5/6/7/9/10 players, it would be nice to actually have at least 1 or more maps of those player counts.

Of course, other player counts can also be included, there is one point that must be followed though, and that is, the maps must be fully populated, so people can pick standard/advanced bases, and they will start with standard/advanced bases.

Upload them to addons, and if everyone likes them, they will be shipped as part of Warzone 2100.

Note: Please stop uploading maps that are not made by you, or you don't have the permission to do so. :annoyed:
We need good maps that can be included, so nominate some good ones from addons, or make your own. :)
Same rules apply as above.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Excellent X-player maps made by Ertox, absolutely high-quality, just what the game ever needed :3
X = 3: GroundAnomaly
X = 5: RiskValleys
X = 6: Critical-cycle
X = 7: Distrust
X = 9: WindFury

More or less sensible X-player maps by me:
X = 3: Tranquil (the only asymmetric map in the list, also needs to be renamed) Monocot Abyss3
X = 5: Starfish
X = 6: Snowfall
X = 7: Disaster
X = 10: Metacity (not FFA, but might be still worth it)
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

Staff wrote:Upload them to addons, and if everyone likes them, they will be shipped as part of Warzone 2100.
NoQ wrote:Excellent X-player maps made by Ertox, absolutely high-quality, just what the game ever needed :3
X = 3: GroundAnomaly
X = 5: RiskValleys
X = 6: Critical-cycle
X = 7: Distrust
X = 9: WindFury

More or less sensible X-player maps by me:
X = 3: Tranquil (the only asymmetric map in the list, also needs to be renamed) Monocot Abyss3
X = 5: Starfish
X = 6: Snowfall
X = 7: Disaster
X = 10: Metacity (not FFA, but might be still worth it)
It seems as though most of these have not been reviewed on addons or not submitted at all.

Now that the addons are filterable and http://addons.wz2100.net/master (the url from the post) will show you X-player maps there should be no reason (beyond time available to the reviewers) that maps such as these should not be submitted and reviewed.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

I've played Starfish, Snowfall, Disaster, Metacity, Rubber (3v3) and Gear9, and all seemed like good maps. (I assume the others are good, but haven't tried them.)

Does that count as a review?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Were maps by Ertox ever submitted? Cause i really like them, it's as if he's been knowing in advance all the map making theory i've been trying to invent on my own all this time (: I just hope he reads this (:

All of my maps mentioned by both me and Cyp were already submitted; out of these, Metacity and Gear9 are unreviewed. Starfish is my favorite; i feel the new terrain renderer to be used especially effectively there.

http://addons.wz2100.net/map/windmill is the map i've been looking for but forgot its name; not bad too ;)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

FYI, I'm working to get all the maps mentioned here approved so that they can be given consideration to v3.1 inclusion.

Help me out Reviewers :)
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241