New Maps by Gaurav

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Gaurav
Greenhorn

New Maps by Gaurav

Post by Gaurav »

A new venture for me, come check out a map I've created which took 2 days to make. It's in two versions (one is with air, one without). Originally this game was made for 2, 4 and 8 players. The map I've compiled is made for 6 players but lists as an 8 player map. When setting up the map you have to remove the last two players in order for a 6 player game.
I'm excited about it and hope you'll feel the same. Try it out and appreciate any feedback. *Official Gateways
8c-Takeout.wz
This map is without air...
(14.83 KiB) Downloaded 353 times
8c-TakeoutWA.wz
This map is with air...
(14.87 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Last edited by Gaurav on 24 Oct 2010, 16:55, edited 5 times in total.
"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing
to add, but when there is nothing left to take away" -Antoine de
Saint-Extupry
Gaurav
Greenhorn

Re: New Maps by Gaurav

Post by Gaurav »

Hello, I'm back again with another map which took 4 days. Try it out, I would appreciate any feedback. Should I add AA guns and/or a cyborg factory? *Finished setting gateways, take a glance and let me know what you think. I'm not completely sure why placing them throughout the hole map is necessary. From what I read it helps the AI get around but I notice they get around fine on their own. My experience with testing the gateways told me that if the gateway is passed around 26 boxes away from the command center of a base, they don't build anything at the gateway. Anything I should know?
4c-SlowPoke.wz
Players 0 & 1 is Team 1. Players 2 & 3 is Team 2
(20.61 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Attachments
wz2100-20101022_203601-main.jpg
Last edited by Gaurav on 27 Oct 2010, 04:22, edited 9 times in total.
Saint-Extupry
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

Gaurav wrote:Hello, I'm back again with another map which took 4 days. Try it out, I would appreciate any feedback.
4c-SlowPoke.wz
Nice map. I like the layout. btw where are the gateways?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Gaurav wrote:... The map I've compiled is made for 6 players but lists as an 8 player map. When setting up the map you have to remove the last two players in order for a 6 player game.
I'm excited about it and hope you'll feel the same. Try it out and appreciate any feedback.
Hold on, *please* be very careful while doing this, if you are using FlaME 1.10+ and make a true 6 player game (for Warzone 3.0+) with the same name, you will get undefined results.

The names *must* be unique!

You should also include pictures of the map. Hit F10 in game on the map preview screen.
and it ends here.
Gaurav
Greenhorn

Post by Gaurav »

@urgood2 Thanks for the comment and the feedback. I did forget the gateways, the map now has gateways ... anything else? let me know, I will be more then happy correcting it.

@Buginator I will post a picture of these maps asap.. Which maps have names that aren't unique? Please tell me and I will fix the problem. I don't understand what you mean here......
"Hold on, *please* be very careful while doing this, if you are using FlaME 1.10+ and make a true 6 player game (for Warzone 3.0+) with the same name, you will get undefined results."
I tried compiling the map as a 6 player map and it wouldnt show up when I would setup a skirmish.

Takeout
TakeoutWA
TakeoutWA
Last edited by Gaurav on 16 Apr 2011, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.
Saint-Extupry
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I tried compiling the map as a 6 player map and it wouldnt show up when I would setup a skirmish.
Buginator wrote:for Warzone 3.0+
:annoyed:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Gaurav wrote: @Buginator I will post a picture of these maps asap.. Which maps have names that aren't unique? Please tell me and I will fix the problem. I don't understand what you mean here......
"Hold on, *please* be very careful while doing this, if you are using FlaME 1.10+ and make a true 6 player game (for Warzone 3.0+) with the same name, you will get undefined results."
I mean, for your 8player map "Takeout" & "TakeoutWZ" if you make a 6p version of them don't call them "Takeout" and "TakeoutWA" again.

As for compiling a 6p map, you need the pre-3.0-1 build or newer for you to see it.

Hao, what, you didn't know that ? O_o
and it ends here.
urgood2
Trained
Trained

Post by urgood2 »

You don't need to leave spaces for the gateways. The ai takes care of this by itself. :)
There are spaces in the gateways in all three maps. Just make them a solid line/shape, and the ai will do the rest.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5829#p62434
Gaurav
Greenhorn

Post by Gaurav »

so is there anything I should change Buginator? i will fix the gateways
Saint-Extupry
Gaurav
Greenhorn

Post by Gaurav »

Well the gateways I made don't seem to allow them to build any further then the base in Slowpoke.. ill need to figure it out tomorrow after work.
Saint-Extupry
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Gaurav wrote:so is there anything I should change Buginator? i will fix the gateways
That depends.
*If* you design the map for true 6 players (and enable X-players in FlaME 1.10+) then change the name. This requires pre-3.0-1 / 3.0 builds of the game, this will not work on 2.3.x.

Otherwise, don't worry about it for now. This was more or less a heads up.
and it ends here.
Gaurav
Greenhorn

Post by Gaurav »

Hello friends and family,
I am proud to bring you Himalaya. When I started creating this map, I was making a 2v2. From what I noticed, I decided to put in advantages for a free for all (as I think players would have fun playing the map as a f.f.a., more then often) :D . I am pushing to have this done by tonight. I will post a picture before I lay down the buildings. Fifth day constructing :geek:.
4c-Himalaya.wz
Updated to fix a minor rearming pad, team mix up.
(22.53 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Attachments
wz2100-2-main.jpg
Last edited by Gaurav on 13 Nov 2010, 20:08, edited 2 times in total.
Saint-Extupry
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Looks like an interesting map!
Will it be high or low oil?
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Wibble199 wrote:Will it be high or low oil?
Get on IRC games channel (#warzone2100-games) so that we may setup a game and see for ourselves :wink:

For those who don't know how to get there --> http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=warzone2100-games
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

I don't think iI'll be able to unfortunately. My interenet is being really bad at the moment, it keeps going of and even when it works its running pretty slowly. :(