Alpha 3 Campaign - mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Alpha 3 Campaign - mod

Post by NoQ »

Code: Select all

~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame$ rm -rf *
~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame$ mv ~/savegame3-5.wz .
~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame$ mv savegame3-5.{wz,zip}
~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame$ unzip savegame3-5.zip 
Archive:  savegame3-5.zip
  End-of-central-directory signature not found.  Either this file is not
  a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive.  In the
  latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
  the last disk(s) of this archive.
unzip:  cannot find zipfile directory in one of savegame3-5.zip or
        savegame3-5.zip.zip, and cannot find savegame3-5.zip.ZIP, period.
~/.warzone2100-2.3/savegame$ md5sum savegame3-5.zip 
365e44c3e36460e93dc809c69e05d57f  savegame3-5.zip
:(
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh i see. It's a RAR archive!!! o.O
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote:Oh i see. It's a RAR archive!!! o.O
I do not rememebr exactly which program I used to compress them...I use WinRar, 7zip and winzip...it could be a rar one yes.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, i've finally made it work, but unfortunately ran out of time. I'll test them ASAP and report.

Well, i've recently realized that the "Project" map is not campaignish at all. And now i see just how much i was right (: Its pretty-wide open areas really contrast the highly fractured terrain of campaign maps. I think the same applies to that "Hill" map, though a little less, i guess. I think i know how to make campaignish desert maps now, since i've made the "Nowhere" map, so i'll try to be of more help now.

P.S. Jorzi, looks good!! Gonna be nice to see some of these 'ant trucks' in-game (:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote:Well, i've recently realized that the "Project" map is not campaignish at all. And now i see just how much i was right (: Its pretty-wide open areas really contrast the highly fractured terrain of campaign maps.
Ye, but I think the two away missions I made by using pieces of "The Project" are nice anyway.

Please see this post to know which features are required for the next planned mission.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

All right, i'm finally ready to provide some feedback :D I've finished 2 out of 3 new away missions.
Ye, but I think the two away missions I made by using pieces of "The Project" are nice anyway.
Absolutely! :D The 3rd mission (Project-1) was really hard. I've lost 56 units, saved 9 times on it, and i've almost hit the time limit. Scavengers were really cool.

Compared to this, 4th mission turned out to be easy. I've finished it in half an hour without any considerable losses. But i've been seeing a lot of error messages.

And finally it stopped working at the very end of the 4th mission :augh: the allied cyborg fails to get the last artefact (the right one) on the last base. Here's a little log of my two missions:

Code: Select all

error   |11:07:14: [main] The (global) mod (alpha3camp.wz) you have specified doesn't exist!
popup   |11:07:25: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

Warzone will try to load the game without it.
error   |11:07:28: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |11:08:53: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |11:08:56: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |11:31:46: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |11:31:49: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |11:38:26: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

last message repeated 2 times
error   |11:48:59: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |11:50:48: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |11:56:20: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |11:56:48: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |11:56:51: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |12:04:59: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |12:05:03: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |12:06:20: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |12:06:23: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |12:10:09: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |12:10:12: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
popup   |12:16:54: [rebuildSearchPath] The required mod could not be loaded: alpha3camp

error   |12:16:57: [scrValDefLoad] Sound ID not available  not found
error   |12:26:03: [scrDroidInRange] scrUnitInRange: invalid player number
error   |12:26:03: [scrDroidInRange] Assert in Warzone: scriptfuncs.c:208 (0), last script event: 'N/A'
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] interpRunScript: could not do func
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] interpRunScript: *** ERROR EXIT *** (CurEvent=23)
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] Original event ID: 23 (of 42)
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] Current event ID: 23 (of 42)
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] Call depth : 0
error   |12:26:03: [scrOutputCallTrace]  *** Script call trace: ***
error   |12:26:03: [scrOutputCallTrace] 0: N/A (current event)
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] interpRunScript: error while executing a script
error   |12:26:03: [interpRunScript] Assert in Warzone: interpreter.c:946 (!"error while executing a script"), last script event: 'N/A'
error   |12:26:03: [eventFireTrigger] eventFireTrigger: event N/A: code failed
error   |12:26:03: [eventFireTrigger] Assert in Warzone: event.c:1128 (0), last script event: 'N/A'
The last failed assert looks like the moment when the cyborg reached the last artefact. After that, it's just constantly standing near it, as if trying to walk. "Ally moving to artefact" messages keep coming. :?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, i've also noticed some scavenger people firing mini rocket artillery. Were they supposed to do that?

Just beaten the 5th level. It was beautiful!! (: The first scavenger base is very hard.

But the New Paradigm is just underpowered. Heavy machine gun half-tracks kick their ass like hell, with all their beautful fortresses and hardpoints.

I think you should buff up NP in the same way you buffed scavengers. But you might have not actually buffed scavengers (!!), since i may be just experiencing this bug (even though i don't feel it in a normal campaign).

Yet another problem: the scavenger AI is not working at all on level 1.

Yeah, and there are also some broken feature textures on level 5, the houses near these white air traffic towers.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote:Well, i've also noticed some scavenger people firing mini rocket artillery. Were they supposed to do that?
Yes, I added 2 new scav templates, like in A2C-HM
hao wrote: But the New Paradigm is just underpowered. Heavy machine gun half-tracks kick their ass like hell, with all their beautful fortresses and hardpoints.
yes possibly you are right, I will have a look next week and will put some heavier template but we have to keep in mind this is the first time that the player meets the NP therefore their technologies should not be too advanced.
hao wrote: I think you should buff up NP in the same way you buffed scavengers. But you might have not actually buffed scavengers (!!), since i may be just experiencing this bug (even though i don't feel it in a normal campaign).
I have increased, like in A2C-HM, some scavenger body points, but not that much.
One thing I noticed by working on this mod is that WARZONE needs to align the rebalances made on the multiplayer games.
The script files where the body points, weapon damage and so on are stored separately in warzone. To give you an example, "All Rounder" weapon type is missing in the campaigns, cannons are considered "Anti-Tank".

This rebalance will be for sure made in this mod, if some modders would like to help...you are welcome!!! otherwise I will do in on my own.

hao wrote: Yet another problem: the scavenger AI is not working at all on level 1.
yes, this is a bug, now fixed in alpha3camp v0.2
hao wrote: Yeah, and there are also some broken feature textures on level 5, the houses near these white air traffic towers.
ok, thanks for advising will also fix this next week
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

hao wrote: Compared to this, 4th mission turned out to be easy. I've finished it in half an hour without any considerable losses. But i've been seeing a lot of error messages.
I will try to see if I can make it harder.
hao wrote: And finally it stopped working at the very end of the 4th mission :augh: the allied cyborg fails to get the last artefact (the right one) on the last base.
Yes, a bug, I think should be easy to fix. Strange I saw this bug also when I tested the game and I thought I had already fixed it...
EDIT: I think I have fixed it in ver 0.2, but I have no time to test it now...
My Warzone 2100 mods:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've just finished a map for the new mission, and sent it to DylanDog by PM so that not to spoil the game (:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

????????? .wz files can be RAR archives? O_O
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Zarel wrote:

yes. .wz files are .rar files = renamed to .wz ... ... rar / 7zip / zip = all same.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Long story short, DylanDog packed some savegames into rar, then the file hosting didn't accept that extension, so he renamed them to .wz, and then forgot they were rars initially (: But file utility saved the day (:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

lav_coyote25 wrote: yes. .wz files are .rar files = renamed to .wz ... ... rar / 7zip / zip = all same.
No, .rar is proprietary compression, Warzone can't load .rar files even if they are renamed to .wz.

Warzone only officially supports normal zip files, nothing else.
While it is possible that Physfs was built with 7zip support, we don't use that either.

So please stick to only zip files.
and it ends here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Again: This file was *not* supposed to be used by warzone. It is to be unpacked, and its contents are to be put into savegames folder manually.