The scope of this mod is to completely remake the ALPHA campaign, changing not only the script side of the code but the maps too.
The initial test version you can download is related for the first 5 missions only. The first two missions are the same ones as for A2C-HM therefore they are still played on the standard map but with increased difficulty.
Missions 3,4 and 5 are away missions played on new maps designed by hao (Thanks a lot for the support & inspirations until now!!). I have added for download also some saved game such that you can start directly playing on the new away missions (missions 4-5-6).
I am completely re-writing the campaign script to allow modders/mappers to create a new version of the Alpha Campaign on their own in an easy way: creating the maps and modifying few parameters on the missions.vlo files only.
As I mentioned already this is just a test version to show you the new features of the new missions.
I am now asking the warzone modders/mappers community to contribute and to help me to finish the whole campaign which could then be used as template to create furthers new campaigns.
When the first campaign will be finished I will put a guide together to show what needs to be done to create a new campaign.
I am searching for following support:
- Artist(s) to create maps for away missions and to create the main map.
- Artist(s) to create new droid templates required to introduce few new features:
- o A new cyborg template to be used for the ally droid which recovers artifacts.
- o A new template for a new type of unit to be used as “Oil Transporter” between friendly bases. This feature is actually not implemented yet. The transporters will be used to establish “trade routes” between friendly bases to increase the oil production (something like the trade routes in Age of Empires).
- Anyone to propose ideas for new features to be introduced.
As for A2C-HM mod I am really sorry but this mod has an annoying issue: THE FIRST TIME you launch warzone before you can load a saved game with A3C you have to start a new campaign first.
I do not know why this happens, I have the impression that starting a new campaign let warzone load all necessary files, if you try to load a saved game without starting a new campaign this will not work. Once the first saved game is loaded you can save and load games normally but if you close warzone remember to start a new campaign first and then you can load the saved game.