ALPHA2 CAMPAIGN - HARD MODE

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

ALPHA2 CAMPAIGN - HARD MODE

Post by DylanDog »

ALPHA 2 CAMPAIGN – HARD MODE ver. 0.1

Download

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

This mod makes the first 8 missions of the ALPHA campaign harder This is a test version and I am working to complete the remaining 4 missions.

The Alpha2 Campaign Hard Mode (A2C-HM) uses the same maps as the standard campaign.

To play with it just copy the “wz” file into the folder GLOBAL, create a shortcut to warzone.exe file, right click on the shortcut and add –mod A2C-HM.wz (see further instructions on how to install mods in warzone).

I made missions more difficult by:

* adding more enemy droids
* adding more enemy defenses around bases and strategic points
* adding more enemy factories
* increasing the max droids an enemy can handle
* adding 2 new scavenger templates
* enabling more advanced technologies (from mission 6 onwards) for the enemies
* removing all script settings which reduced the enemy teams leadership
* increasing the enemy factory production
* increasing the enemy power available at mission start
* setting per default high “droid kills” on newly created enemy units
* resetting player power to 250 at each mission start
* reducing time available to complete missions
* adding more artifacts to recover

These new features are not all present at the same time in all missions but the most of them have been included in each mission.

Furthermore, in few missions, I have introduced completely new features, like:

* ally droids capable to gain artifacts while your droids cannot
* artifacts which heals your damaged droids
* ally captured units to be rescued
* ally units transported to help you defeat the enemy
* enemy VTOLs patrolling certain map areas

I am really sorry but this mod has an annoying issue: THE FIRST TIME you launch warzone before you can load a saved game with A2C-HM you have to start a new campaign first.
I do not know why this happens, I have the impression that starting a new campaign let warzone load all necessary files, if you try to load a saved game without starting a new campaign this will not work. Once the first saved game is loaded you can save and load games normally but if you close warzone remember to start a new campaign first and then you can load the saved game.

I hope you enjoy it.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: ALPHA2 CAMPAIGN - HARD MODE

Post by KukY »

Yay, you did it! I'll test it now!
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Ok, here is my review of this mod in it's current state. I'm currently at mission 6.
This mod is really interesting. I used cheats to test it for first time, and I am not sure would I survive without them!
The enemies in campaign are really stronger now, unlike the "Hardcore Campaign" mod available in addons! (No offense BP!)
This is probably becuase the scripts are changed now, unlike HCM which makes the campaign harder only by rebalancing.
Now, to the mod itself:
I like the strenght enemy got, especialy one of Scav's Mortar pits, which can be really deadly.
Also, the enemies are attacking oftenly, so it fells more like a warzone, and less like a boring mission whic you practically can't lose.
I like the things with 'allies'.
The bad things and suggestions:
Lots of messages used in sequences sound bad, make no sense or have some annoying punctuation. If you need help with it, ask someone.
I dislike usage of advanced tech such as VTOL or cyborgs in the missions. I think that just tanks should be enough.
I would also prefer that the allies were enlisted as The Project. I think it would be interesting, as it would make the Project and it's teams act like the Nexus and it's severants: You are on your own, but I am the one that commands and sometimes helps you.
I'll post more later.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

This looks great, I will look forward to this and the rest of the campaign (hopefully) being redone. :)

I will like KukY post a review at a later date after I beat this mod. :)
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KuKy, thanks for testing !
KukY wrote: I used cheats to test it for first time, and I am not sure would I survive without them!
Having used cheats already you will not enjoy the Alpha2 campaign because you already discovered things which you shouldn`t. I strongly suggest to play first without using cheats and then post the suggestions.
KukY wrote: Lots of messages used in sequences sound bad, make no sense or have some annoying punctuation. If you need help with it, ask someone.
I think am able to play with messages and blips even if I do not understand 100% the meaning of certain scripts values, which missions do you refer to? Possibly you are right, I did not payed too much attention to messages
KukY wrote: I dislike usage of advanced tech such as VTOL or cyborgs in the missions.
The usage of enemy VTOLs is really "limited" in the first 8 missions, it introduces a a new feature of ALPHA2. I do like usage of cyborgs :) , sorry...this also because using tanks for allies could make them too strong.
KukY wrote: I would also prefer that the allies were enlisted as The Project. I think it would be interesting, as it would make the Project and it's teams act like the Nexus and it's severants: You are on your own, but I am the one that commands and sometimes helps you.
I am not sure I really understand what you mean O_o
KukY wrote:I'll post more later.
Si grazie, yes thanks! but play with no cheats.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

NEXUS wrote:I will look forward to this and the rest of the campaign (hopefully) being redone. :)
Sure!! I am working on it but I would like to collect some more comments first, maybe they can inspire myself a bit !!!
My Warzone 2100 mods:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

One thing I forgot to mention:
I hate what you did with away missions!
You made reinforcement arrival times waaaay too long. They were fine as they were.
Also, instead of going step forward and removing need for boring returning to LZ, you made it even more complicated becuase now you have only 5 minutes for that!

So, when is a new version coming out? ;)
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KukY wrote: I hate what you did with away missions!
You made reinforcement arrival times waaaay too long. They were fine as they were.
This to make missions harder, if you get reinforcements quicker the missions are far too easy.
KukY wrote: Also, instead of going step forward and removing need for boring returning to LZ, you made it even more complicated becuase now you have only 5 minutes for that!
This, to avoid you use the time to collect power.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

DylanDog wrote:This, to avoid you use the time to collect power.
You reset the power every mission.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KukY wrote:
DylanDog wrote:This, to avoid you use the time to collect power.
You reset the power every mission.
there are "other ways" to gain power even with the reset: you could build a lot of droids/buildings if the mission is over (you have got all artifacts) and you still have many minutes available, then when the next mission starts you could recycle them all...with the 5min hack this is not possible or it is a bit reduced.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've just tried the mod. Well, it took a few hours for me to beat the first mission!! I just couldn't do anything: having two oil derricks, i couldn't produce tanks as quickly as the enemy beats them, and the initial money doesn't seem enough to take the third derrick quickly enough and survive. It took me a good amount of time to invent some more advanced micro. Well, that's exactly what the campaign is for. Excellent work! I'm still to beat the second level (:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Nice to read this! What about the second level? I had expected a bit more comments, also from other players...c'mon guys, if you try this mod let me know your thoughts!!!
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Delphinio
Art contributor

Post by Delphinio »

Well, it took a few hours for me to beat the first mission!!
lol, bit to hard i guess ^^.
it should be hard like this yes, but in the first mission? mmh...

-- Delphinio