maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Boris
Trained
Trained

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by Boris »

you are still here..good.. :)
and nice map like any work from you..
keep going.. :)
BETLOG
Greenhorn

Post by BETLOG »

NoQ wrote:4c-Fantastic

A wide 4-player FFA map with non-standard tile types (screenshots).
Why can't I build in so many obviously strategic squares? Places that are flat and unobstructed, and of obvious strategic value.
Why can't vehicles drive into a number of areas that have no obvious reason to disallow them?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Examples?
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

BETLOG wrote:

Why can't vehicles drive into a number of areas that have no obvious reason to disallow them?
Are you sure? Maybe you have cliffs on your map. But you cant see them. Click on the minmap-properties and click on "show cliffs". By default this option isn`t switched on. Go to the tileset manager (tab1) and control if some of the "normal" tiles isn`t marked as cliff.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Just now seeing this thread for the first time. I'll read through it when I have time. I didn't know you had other custom tile set maps outside of Aurora... Nice work. We need to get some of these maps packaged with the next release. How come there isn't a bigger push to change the stock maps? Some need removing and others need adding.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

MIH-XTC wrote:Just now seeing this thread for the first time. I'll read through it when I have time. I didn't know you had other custom tile set maps outside of Aurora... Nice work. We need to get some of these maps packaged with the next release. How come there isn't a bigger push to change the stock maps? Some need removing and others need adding.
The tiles NoQ used in this nice maps are the normal "flame" tiles. He just changed the function of the tiles. For example the grass was changed to cliffs. I like this idea. But the idea wasn`t new. NoQ describes in his mapping-tips how the cliffs for the Arizonamaps could be changed. Link: https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME

Discussions about map making should be placed into the mapping/modding tools section. Not here. :wink:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Probably check out the Academy and Inversion map-mods for custom road tiles, Marble/Palace/Mansion use marble tiles, and also the Mirage map-mod was used as a testing ground for the paradise tileset. For custom tile types, there's Monocot, as well as the two latest maps. Maybe there's more, i don't remember. I'm already lucky enough to have quite a bit of my maps accepted to the base game, i don't feel as if i can ask for more, but you can push me if you like.
BETLOG
Greenhorn

Post by BETLOG »

NoQ wrote:Examples?
The texture the two vehicles in the screenshot are facing seems to be problematic.
Attachments
wz2100-20160228_193757-Fantastic-T1.jpg
BETLOG
Greenhorn

Post by BETLOG »

NoQ wrote:Examples?
after clearing buildings the cursor is telling me i cant go onto the grass or snow, but does let me drive there. It will not however let me drive off the snow onto the flat area on top of the rise (near the machinegun vehicles), and it will not let me build anywhere except on the road texture, some areas of snow, none of the cleared-of-buildings area, and not on top of the ridge near the machinegun vehicles.
Attachments
wz2100-20160228_194812-Fantastic-T1.jpg
wz2100-20160228_194810-Fantastic-T1.jpg
wz2100-20160228_194752-Fantastic-T1.jpg
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

BETLOG wrote:, some areas of snow, none of the cleared-of-buildings area, and not on top of the ridge near the machinegun vehicles.
If you change tile nr. 65 to cliff and place all the tiles in one direction, after compiling it looks like snow, but you can`t climb. 64 is still snow and arrivable. Its the same trick i used in my map Pentagonscavs. Is that the problem? Maybe i don`t understand your question. It is possible, that NoQ mixed the tiles. Why don`t you open the map in flame? I will do that now.

PS. Yes. NoQ changed nr. 0 (grass) to cliff and nr 6. (gravel) to cliff and nr 53 (rubble) to water :D
Nice job NoQ.
BETLOG-i think you know, that changing the function of a tile can make them look in another, total different way.
Attachments
Pentagonscavs.PNG
Pentagonscavs.PNG (490.65 KiB) Viewed 14197 times
Tipp.jpg
Tipp.jpg (149.88 KiB) Viewed 14197 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

:lol2: I don`t know, if i like this 3D Illusion with the water or not. Reminds me of this optical illusion :wink:
Attachments
optische_taeuschung07.gif
optische_taeuschung07.gif (5.72 KiB) Viewed 14189 times
wz2100-20160228_142846-Fantastic-T1.jpg
wz2100-20160228_142846-Fantastic-T1.jpg (119.68 KiB) Viewed 14189 times
BETLOG
Greenhorn

Post by BETLOG »

Ok. I see.
Because it's actually a fairly decent looking map I figured I'd ask first. But I doubt the average new player would bother to keep it. I probably won't, unless someone has a completely trivial drop-in solution.
It may just be an oversight that no related "how-to" is written on the download page, but without instructions it's effectively broken.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

I found this tread... and.. so many maps i never met before in addons repo.. omg-omg.. :augh: especially maps with spectators :lol2:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, you must have seen most of these maps in addons, and most maps with spectators probably no longer work.
speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by speedsterharry »

I installed quite a few of the maps, namely mirage, the paradigm, and the textures are not showing up which is painful to play with. What can I do ?