maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by NoQ »

The way it currently works, you need to copy them into both mods/autoload and maps folders =/

Of course, don't forget to remove them from autoload before you play anything else.
cjac
New user

Post by cjac »

hi
thanks for this map , (and all your maps)

but my question is the following
can you explain how to create a map
For example, a movie on youtube.
and what software you are using

thanks in advance.
cjac
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

There are already a few guides and posts that can help, possibly a video though I doubt it. But I think a visual guide would be great for beginners.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

cjac wrote:can you explain how to create a map
Software and two documentation links here, videos by me [1] [2]
speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by speedsterharry »

Hi NoQ,

Are the files supplied on page 1 of this thread still working under 3.1.1 ? (i play on WinXP and Ubuntu)
I tried many things, but everytime, the game complains about not finding a map
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

All maps here work well on 3.1.1, the only exception is 4c-Cataclysm - a single-player challenge map-mod for 2.3.x only.

If you're talking about map packs, of course you have to unzip them first, then put maps inside them into your maps folder.
the game complains about not finding a map
Could you show me how exactly (logs, screenshots)?
speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by speedsterharry »

Could you show me how exactly (logs, screenshots)?
For instance, with The Paradigm, the map is called "TheParadigm-T1" within paradigm.ini
But no trace of it in the WZ ZIP archive (there is a folder called "4c-TheParadigm-T1" inside /multiplay/maps but when the map reference in the INI is changed to 4c-TheParadigm-T1, no change).

I'm probably missing something obvious since noone else seems to complain :(

Also, from the file OldSeaport: inside the INI, the map is called OldSeaport, but the real name seems to be multiplay/maps/2c-OldSeaport. I'm not sure if Warzone is supposed to do some translation work between what's in the ini and the real name.
speedsterharry
Rookie
Rookie

Post by speedsterharry »

OK, I started from a fresh install because I messed with mp.wz, which was not the correct way of doing things.
The way it currently works, you need to copy them into both mods/autoload and maps folders =/
I tried that and it worked with Anchor and Old Seaport. Thank you. Maybe something to add in the FAQ ? (the FAQ tells about installing maps but not challenges).

As for the challenges themselves, they are way too demanding for me atm. Very different from the campaign.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

It works, speedsterharry. Put at first the map in your: my documents/ Warzone / 4c paradigm. Than the mod you can download here in the addon section in the folder Mods/autoload/ 4c paradigm. Create the autoloadfolder by yourself. I dont know, if some other mods have influence. Schwitch them off. Its the same way like in Anchor.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

montetank wrote:It works, speedsterharry. Put at first the map in your: my documents/ Warzone / 4c paradigm. Than the mod you can download here in the addon section in the folder Mods/autoload/ 4c paradigm. Create the autoloadfolder by yourself. I dont know, if some other mods have influence. Schwitch them off. Its the same way like in Anchor. It is every time the same way: Maps in the map folder and then the maps/mods in the Mod/autoload folder. Dont miss 4c-paradigm-it is a very good challenge :-)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I don't want to add it to the FAQ because it's clearly *not* how it is supposed to work.

For master version of wz, i could use the map.ini mechanism for that stuff, which is much cleaner and easier to install and use, but nobody would be able to run it until it gets stable ...
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

4c-Fantastic

A wide 4-player FFA map with non-standard tile types (screenshots).
Attachments
Fantastic.png
Fantastic.png (38.08 KiB) Viewed 11319 times
4c-Fantastic.wz
(52.77 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Fantastic- I dont want to loose more words :D
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Can you make an 8c version of this? Please...
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Not sure how exactly to fit 8 people on that landscape, gonna be tight.