maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by hao

Post by effigy »

hao wrote:Another epic fail by me. XD :lol2:

P.S. effigy ... how could you give 5.0 to a map with broken triangles?? XD
I'm unworthy!!!111oneone :augh: :roll: This was supposed to be just a little amusement!
Ohh ... nvm, whatever 8)
:oops: hey, what's a few triangles between friends :D

Besides, when I see a new map by hao on addons/unapproved I know I can give it a 5 without actually looking at the map :twisted: :lol2: :twisted: :lol2:
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oops, 25th map by me :shock:

2c-Infinity

A rather complicated duel map. Start locations are open for harassment, and a lot of oil is located far away in the mountains.
Attachments
infinity.png
infinity.png (26 KiB) Viewed 10627 times
2c-Infinity.wz
v1.0
(33.68 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
Last edited by NoQ on 20 Oct 2010, 11:43, edited 2 times in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

25th ?? :) well great anniversary :) when do we drink then ?? :)

S I see S on the map :) smart sweet and strong skirmishes on super map will be played by skilled players :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A little announcement here!

Replying to this call, i've just recompiled a lot of my maps, so that they had different names. I've also made a few bugfixes on the way, since with my new experience i see bugs in older maps too (: Namely, i've fixed Garden, UrbanTwirl, Snowbridge and Island8. Many other maps were just renamed, so that the name included the latest version number.

If you're hosting one of this maps ( :shock: really?? :D ) and want to be sure everybody uses the same version, you can redownload them now.
R Hannay
Trained
Trained

Post by R Hannay »

hao wrote:A little announcement here!

Replying to this call, i've just recompiled a lot of my maps, so that they had different names. I've also made a few bugfixes on the way, since with my new experience i see bugs in older maps too (: Namely, i've fixed Garden, UrbanTwirl, Snowbridge and Island8. Many other maps were just renamed, so that the name included the latest version number.

If you're hosting one of this maps ( :shock: really?? :D ) and want to be sure everybody uses the same version, you can redownload them now.
I wonder how the Addons section is going to deal with all this rigamarole. :roll:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oh, they're working on it (:
The maps will be renamed there too, they just need to be reapproved by the admins (addons are pre-moderated).
(but, yeah, until this happens, only this thread will contain renamed maps)
(and, of course, don't even think of renaming maps without recompiling ;) won't work)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

Well have you really be forced so much to change the names ?? :)

Fortunately I have learned to make test named maps.. It is clearly visible in links :) begining maps have V1 V2 V3 and more :P In names, because when I saw failure i renamed it V2 :P but now I have learned to call a map for example AABBCC :) anfd test it with my friends and other players :) when map is good I gave it final name :) maps later on have V assigns too but those are diferent versions of the original map :)

The funny thing is that my working copies are called for example :)

Mero_SquaredV1ImprovedV1Basic.fme

or

Mero_SquaredUpAccessible8withOilOnTheCliffs1.fme

and even longer :P

and I am the only one who knows what those names means :) but not hard to figure it out :) but sometimes misleading :)

Well egh.. speaking about the topic again :) were you forced ?? ;)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

were you forced ?? ;)
Well, the link i've mentioned before explains it all (: There's nothing else that made me rename them all (:
Fortunately I have learned to make test named maps.
Well, but i don't feel it actually works for me (: It took me 4 months to find that damned broken med-base-factory on <=Garden-1.02, so i'll never ever again consider my maps "stable" and "finished" (: And i can't keep "beta" mark forever in the map name ... And "V2" is way too much for a tiny texture fix (: So i never wanted to rename the maps. But since i know it breaks the game, i had to do something, so that's how it turned out to be, and i think it's the best way to do things now (:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2c-Highway

A 1vs1 urban 128x128 map. 12 oils per player and a lot of buildings. Advanced bases and scavengers included. Highways speed up your heavy units. Ramps for hovers are available too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Here is another preview that shows off all buildings, but i don't include it inline because it shows oil wells as well.
(SPOILER! ^^)
Attachments
highway.png
highway.png (12.8 KiB) Viewed 10471 times
2c-Highway.wz
v1.0
(33.73 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
R Hannay
Trained
Trained

Post by R Hannay »

Wow, really cool map! I'm getting myself a copy :o
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Hao :)

I absolutely love this map :) The higway reminds me of my River Map :) to be more precise, about the bridge on it :)

I like the skyscrapers being so nicely surrounded by roads :) somehow the river complets it all :) Also scavs fits there very well, placed in appropriate place, near the bridge so contact with them is also almost unavoidable :) I see that they have also ruined buildings within their fence ;) what were they doing ?? :) the suburbs and let me call it centre buildings are placed greatly, for me dance centre, and with a little more space on the suburbs is just great :)

Excellent work :)

You have inspired me :) and show me something new :)

By the way, can you please tell me how to place those pictures in line ?? and how to make them so small ?? do you use Gimp 2 ?? I am asking second time :(

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I absolutely love this map :) The higway reminds me of my River Map :)
Exatc ... Exactctcly ... Precisely! (c)
We're inspiring each other ;) This map is certainly inspired by your recent river-and-bridges maps.
By the way, can you please tell me how to place those pictures in line ?? and how to make them so small ?? do you use Gimp 2 ?? I am asking second time :(
I'm uploading them to some free image hosting (i personally like imageshack.us), which stores the pictures (i.e., they are not attached to the message, but are just links to another site), and image hosting creates these thumbnails automatically. Yes, i use Gimp, but not for this (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you for the information :) I have to try this site :)

What "(c)" means ?? I know emoticons, but do not get this one.. or maybe this is not an emoticon ??
We're inspiring each other ;) This map is certainly inspired by your recent river-and-bridges maps.
Are you serious ?? or you are making fun of me.. Honestly I try lets say use, some of your ideas in most delicat way :) by that I mean not copying exactly.. :) but getting inspired :) And If thats is true that I sometimes "inspire" you.. or even you.. then I am really happy :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg wrote:What "(c)" means ?? I know emoticons, but do not get this one.. or maybe this is not an emoticon ??
Yeah, that's a "copyright" emoticon. It should've meant that the phrase before it is copyrighted by someone, but i use it simply to make sure you recognize a famous quote (:
Merowingg wrote:Are you serious ?? or you are making fun of me.. Honestly I try lets say use, some of your ideas in most delicat way :) by that I mean not copying exactly.. :) but getting inspired :) And If thats is true that I sometimes "inspire" you.. or even you.. then I am really happy :)
Well, at least i couldn't get rid of a feeling that i'm copying some of your maps XD
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah I see :) ok copyright emoticon :P

Hehehe feeling you are saying ;) dyplomatic answer :)

Regards - Mero