Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Spider Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I have called the map Spider becuse in preview it looks like a spider :)

I was also told that it looks like microchip or microprocessor :) and indeed it does too :)

It is modified Squared but with those narrow passages and sides lose a lot of its typical look :)

It is 24 oil in base :) 200 x 200 is the size of the map :)

I think and I hope such a layout of the map will give at least few new strategies to the game on the map :)

Have fun and victories on this map :)

I hope the map is interesting :)

Bye :)
wz2100-20101020_195306-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Spider.wz
Map which look like spider :) or microprocessor :)
(34.61 KiB) Downloaded 444 times
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Wibble199 »

No, I'm not joking, I'm being completely serious :annoyed:

There is no error report. When I play your maps in multiplayer it loads the incorrect map. It doesn't crash it just thinks that all the squared maps are the same.

Tonight I'll try your other map and see what happens then.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: Spider Map :)

Post by zydonk »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen :)

I have called the map Spider becuse in preview it looks like a spider :)

I was also told that it looks like microchip or microprocessor :) and indeed it does too :)

It is modified Squared but with those narrow passages and sides lose a lot of its typical look :)

It is 24 oil in base :) 200 x 200 is the size of the map :)

I think and I hope such a layout of the map will give at least few new strategies to the game on the map :)

Have fun and victories on this map :)

I hope the map is interesting :)

wz2100-20101020_195306-main.png
Looks remarkably like cockate now.

Try rolling hills for inspiration. I've never been able to get it right...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you zydonk for your post :)

Well it took me a while to find this cockate map.. :) I have never seen it before.. But indeed there are some general similarities.. :)

Thank you for the sugestion :) I will try to play with the hills :)

Thank you again :)

“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

ups I forgot about Wibble.. :)

Wibble I have no mistakes :( and players do not report me any..

But I know your OS was modified yes, specially for the game ?? you had problems yes ?? maybe this is the matter..

I have all 11 squares in my menu and I pick them without any problems :) like women to dance with ;)

In game they all appear as they should be :)

I dont know how to help you :( maybe write on appropriate forum ??

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Wibble199: works fine for me too :|
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Harbours Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The map is called Harbours becuse on the map there is few harbours :) and harbour facilities :)

Here surprise.. the map is 250 x 200 :) I have changed my ususal pattern :) I did it on purpose to make the water impression to be bigger :) To indicate that harbours are at the rivers shore :) but it might be sea for you if you wish ;)

There is no advanced bases on this map, i didnt make them on purpose, it is you who have to decide how to built at the shore.. it is advisable to make it smartly, becuse limited shore and almost no turtling possibility may turn to be hard to handle :)

The shore is very limited, but very reach in tiles, no more pale ground !! :)

Harbours are heading into water :) also few separate harbour isles and nature isles are on the map :)

The map is 6 oil in base and another 8 per player on the map :) the oil is on the shore, at the harbours, and on islands too :)

It is symetrical map :)

There is only one very very long bridge leading to the other side :) so better maintain it before it is too late ;)

Of course hoovers and vtols might be esential :)

Have fun :)

wz2100-20101021_210023-Mero_Harbours-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Harbours.wz
River with complex harbours on it :) and one very very long bridge :)
(46.64 KiB) Downloaded 500 times

Regards - Mero
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

No, i don't remember changing my os. nevermind. Ill try them on different versions and see if that helps.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

But I remeber that you had some problems to run Warzone..

Try other things please :)

And inform about your progress.. I am sad not all works for you well.. strange..

Cya :)

Regards - Mero
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Wibble199 wrote:No, I'm not joking, I'm being completely serious :annoyed:

There is no error report. When I play your maps in multiplayer it loads the incorrect map. It doesn't crash it just thinks that all the squared maps are the same.
Out of curiosity, which version of Warzone are you using?

There was a bug in 2.3.2 that caused exactly that problem, but it's been fixed for ages (ever since 2.3.3).
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Merowingg wrote:But I remeber that you had some problems to run Warzone..
I think you might be thinking of when I had problems compiling it... :hmm:
Zarel wrote:Out of curiosity, which version of Warzone are you using?
2.3.2 (It'm my favourite ATM :P)
Zarel wrote:There was a bug in 2.3.2 that caused exactly that problem, but it's been fixed for ages (ever since 2.3.3).
Ah. What was wrong with the source cose? :hmm: It sounds very strange that that should happen.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Wibble199 wrote:2.3.2 (It'm my favourite ATM :P)
Use 2.3.4 then, it's almost the same, just without 2.3.2's bugs.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

2.3.2 (It'm my favourite ATM :P)
Duuuuude ... you disappoint me (:
//That's a relief actually ... knowing that nothing is broken again ...
//np, nothing personal :)

This version was sooo buggy it was even removed from download page some time before 2.3.3 was released (:

I can't imagine any good reason for not using the latest stable version. The only outcome i can imagine is a lot of compatibility problems (like this one). IMHO, if you're using a wrong game version, you should announce it every now and then, probably put a notice into signature. :?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

the Dam Map :)

Post by Merowingg »

Hello gentlemen :)

I have created the map with enormous dam on it :) The dam is supposed to be majestic and powerful looking :) and I think it does :) I have used some tricks on it to avoid strange units behaviour :) and at the same to show it as I wanted :)

I am really satisfied with this map :) Now specifications :)

The map is again ;) 250 x 200 :) Take notice of how high is the ground where water is gathered in the dam :) I wanted to achieve the efect of height and accumulation of water in the dam :)

The map is for eight players, 6 oils in base and another 7 per player on the map :)

Well It seems that players in the wally have disadventage but it might be fake impression, when hoovers are researched they can gain a lot of oil from the walley island :) and facilities of the dam in the walley :) concrete islands :)

On the highlighted ground players have possibilty to take oil from the dam, which is by the way the only whell or track passage to the other side :) The two big square islands on the highlighted ground are another dam facilities and have oil on it :)

Both the dam and its facilities have some eye-candy features :)

The dam has even "waterfalls" to reduce excess of water :) nice for eye too :)

There is also oil at the shore :)

The shores have really very various tile set, i decided to finish my pale grounds :) I hope I will manage to keep it :)

The shores are flat yes.. it is not becuse of lazyness no.. it is becuse there is already limited space to built.. so I wanted to avoid not enough space case..

Althoug look closely :) the whole shore is elewated afterall :) more more more details I try to use :)

And I may make more hilly one :)

Maybe the preview does not look amazing but do not judge by appearances plese :)

Have fun gentlemen :) I am waiting for opinions :)

Have unforgettable battles on the dam :)
wz2100-20101022_195531-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Dam.wz
(43.35 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
Last edited by Merowingg on 22 Oct 2010, 20:24, edited 1 time in total.

Regards - Mero
Sebastian[BDC]
New user

Post by Sebastian[BDC] »

nice i love this map i was the first one to play (one of the testers) :D