Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by NoQ »

Im_Useless: you'd just have to change your nick at some point, just like i did. My old forum nickname was just a random imaginary sequence of letters that sounded senseless and crappy enough for a forum account that will never grow past 10 messages anyway (:
Im_Useless
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Im_Useless »

at the risk of going off topic, any suggestions? :P

to keep it on topic, Mero, i would love to see what you do for a 3 or 5 player map :D
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Im_Useless I understand now, but NoQ has fair point here Sir :3 :3

I am also used to having any topics here, they always are maintained within a reason, so it does not have to be let me say, extremely to the topic here, it even should not be sometimes, as formality would become unbearable in its long last.

Once again think about changing the nick through, and you do not have to bring anything, but already your presence here, and your opinion then, brings us something. I also dare to say you do not know how are you at making maps as you have never tried to make one, am I right? :hmm:

Suggestion Iam_Average, but then, Iam_QuiteGood, Iam_Perfect, well quite a lot changes, well for sure you have to make big step ahead, think about nice nick, not undervalued. Try improving your gaming by playing with people on IRC channel #warzone2100-games, and you do not have to be advanced player to be there. Your maps request is remembered, and the statememnt is as it was for now.

And BTW, NoQ, any judgements about me, or my work, as I have not seen you speaking here for guite a time? If ruining, write PM :augh:

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Im_Useless
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Im_Useless »

you're right mero, i might be selling myself short. im gonna download FlaME and see what i can do. maybe come up with a 3 player map lol :D

and maybe i should change my nick, but i have no idea how to do that :s

actually i did sort have an idea for a 3 or possibly 5 player map, just a rough idea though. i would just need some help figuring out how to use FlaME to satrt with XD
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

That's the spirit! :3

I am afraid the only possibility to change your nick is.. to decline this one, and create new one.. I am not sure, so you would have to ask Devs, or helpers, maybe try on help section?

I like your idea of trying FlaMe even more, be adviced that very good basic manual for the FlaMe is already in the post with the program, just read the post carefully as many do not.. Remember beginings are always hard. I think you are on a good way to realise your 3 or 5 player maps desires already :3 you have the idea, and it counts the most. I may give some advices, but at the very beginning do believe me all is in the manual. If necessary just PM me, or any other mapmaker, who shall I assume help too. I did so at the very beginning as I wasnt too proud, or stubborn, and most of all, there was no manual there, and even the program at its early version was not so easy to be obtained.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen :)

I am very very happy to present the number that stuns me.

Two years ago I wouldn't even suspect.

I have clicked "View Your Posts" option, and aimed perfectly.

It is all thanks to you, and I hope visiting is worth it.

Greetings for all Warzone 2100 players.

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam
The Big Number
The Big Number

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

The Negative map, is called as it is called ;) because each side of the map is a sort of negative of the other. The players at each side of the map are placed at two different terrain levels. One much higher, and the other much lover.

Such usage of terrain may be used wisely when advanced and beginning players are to strugle on the map. Also it is a negative in the base and oil placement terms. This time almost all oil is placed in fron of your base so protect is wisely. You have one oil derrick at the back of each base, so when in serious trouble, use it even more wisely. Even water is at the most unexpected place this time ;)

The map is 101x220, for four players. Scavengers are included. The map is 15 oils per player, and additional two per player available only by VTOL Transport. Advanced bases and gateways are included. Basic base protection.

Have fun :)
wz2100-20120927_142006-Mero_Negative-T1.png
Attachments
4c-Mero_Negative.wz
So Negative ;)
(35.21 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

Regards - Mero
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

Merowingg wrote:Hello Gentlemen :)

The Negative map, is called as it is called ;) because each side of the map is a sort of negative of the other. The players at each side of the map are placed at two different terrain levels. One much higher, and the other much lover.

Such usage of terrain may be used wisely when advanced and beginning players are to strugle on the map. Also it is a negative in the base and oil placement terms. This time almost all oil is placed in fron of your base so protect is wisely. You have one oil derrick at the back of each base, so when in serious trouble, use it even more wisely. Even water is at the most unexpected place this time ;)

The map is 101x220, for four players. Scavengers are included. The map is 15 oils per player, and additional two per player available only by VTOL Transport. Advanced bases and gateways are included. Basic base protection.

Have fun :)
wz2100-20120927_142006-Mero_Negative-T1.png
Absolutely brilliant, this map is incredibly flexible, I use the contingency mod with nullbot and it is brilliant!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Ah, it looks like Battenburg Cake :)

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello ADMIRALLORDHOOD :)
Absolutely brilliant, this map is incredibly flexible, I use the contingency mod with nullbot and it is brilliant!
I am really happy to hear that :3 Thank you.

aubergine hello :)

I opened the forum to see how is it going just to take a glance before I starve. Can you imagine what I felt when I saw this beauty even if it is not a cow between two slices of bread? :) Now my chinese tomato soup is cooling down..

Meanwhile,

The picture below shows national flag of Poland. It is always half white at the top, half red at the bottom. When it is the other way round it is Maroko :3 The white eagle in crown is our national emblem.

But what I wanted to show is the sign to the left to the emblem. It is the way Polish war airforce put our flag on the planes. And I mention it because it looks like the cake above and a little bit like the map.

I have studies on this weekend, and I had on previous one.. and this week is hectic in a strange way. I have small plans of making a map befgore this weekend, but I am not sure if I will manage. Anyway the ideas queue already..

Bye Gentlemen :)
flaga_lotniska2.jpg

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Hypnosis owns its name due to the fact that it reminds me of this spinning device used sometimes for hypnosis :3

The map is for eight players. 14 oils per player, but two of those oils are available only by VTOL Transport, so it will be mainly 12 per player I assume :hmm:

Advanced very basic bases are included with a little defence system. Gateways are included. The map is 180x180

The map can be unpredictable sometimes as the enemy forces can appear from both sides of each base. Also hovers add some advantage.

Have fun gentlemen :)
wz2100-20121012_125827-Mero_Hypnosis-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Hypnosis.wz
Do not look at the preview for too long ;)
(50.55 KiB) Downloaded 448 times

Regards - Mero
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Merowingg, I would love to see what you can do for a 10 player map similar to the NTW base maps, I find them rather good so could you possibly try because I am no good with flame and I can't even use it with my OS.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Sir :)

So far by my choice I create maps compatible with 2.3.9 version as I brought up in its environment :)

I have to admit I wonder how would I make them too :)

As I have said few times before here one day maybe I will make such maps.

There are fellow mapmakers who make such maps already. I advice visiting their threads to feed your appetite :)

What is your OS that you cannot run FlaMe?

Regards,

Mero, dog tired student drinking coffe before another lectures..

Regards - Mero
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

I am using Windows 7 and I can never seem to get it to work.
raycast
Trained
Trained

Post by raycast »

Yes, Windows and Microsoft .NIET don't play well together. :lol2:

You really need to get Linux and use the Mono runtime for .NIET. :ninja:

P.S. Microsoft has bought Skype. They are working a new version of Skype, which will be based on C#. They name will be ... Sky.Net!