Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

No no, there was no record of that error, I informed about it after you mentioning it. Once again thank you.

I also feel small relief after your explanation ;) I also liked to turtle, and creatbe beutiful base, manage tanks. I think so far you like the game very much. Yet I advice you to play online games too :3 You will meet a lot of great people, and could have unforgettable battles you will not have with AI. Although all improvements to it are cool and give fun too.

Try to visit our IRC channel

#warzone2100-games

Really many cool people gathere there, to feel the spirit of our place just visit us, but be reiminded sometimes it is very silent due to time zones, or simply people working, later on studying.

And you can learn many things there :) not necessarily connected with the game only too ;)

Regards,

Mero Rekam Pam <<

P.S.

Gentlemen none of you inform me that my previews got uglier woth time :augh: the reason of that is I have to use outside program devices to make previews now.. I hope some sort of lack of prettyness will not scare you.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Really nice latest maps :) Keep up the good work :wink:
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

noname1208 thank you very much my friend :thank_you:

As always I have new ideas, but I do need to study Italian language.. I have to fulfill this task very well next nine days or I may finish badly.. but damn so hard to study..

Greetings,

Mero
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Merowingg wrote: but damn so hard to study..
Life's hard! :wink:
And thanks a lot for your map's! :wink:
How do you start to make the map, how do you decide how to make it look! :hmm:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Andrie :)

Well the story is that due to some of my life matters, my time to study almost finished and I have one week and one week only to improve my Italian skills.. at the same time som matters are unsolved so I am destracted continuously.. so it is simply as you have said life is hard :3

My pleasure to give you all my maps :thank_you: which I think is clearly noticeable in this thread.

Andrie, in my case I have this thing that, I always knew since two years time how the next map will be looking, to be honest, one map is the worst score, as I sometimes had up to four ideas of maps, but not enough time to make them. After some time I learned to draw some draws, a simple few lines, even less than ten, just to memeorise my idea, as it hapened once or two times that I have forgotten something. I quickly draw those in paint, and those look like a two years old child draws :D but it is me who know what is hidden there.

I have several different approaches of creating a map, main patterns, for example, if I have really really general idea, I start to make it, and with time of creating I observe it, and react to what is happening. Sometimes I have this idea, exact idea, of something "extraordinary" and I start to create, with this exact thing to be implied.

I always listen to music when I create, and do many other things, chatting, reading and so on, so it happened not once that my map was affected by what I was listening to, for example some Epic music by Audio Machine, and I create more fierce and twisted map, or I am in a mood of food for thought about something so I spam you with yet another version of NTW. But here I want to add that it is not always so simple to make NTW, as here was an user, who was shoutung here there and everywhere it is piece of cake. And also first, find the idea, of how to interfere its general patternr, twenty timnes ;)

The ideas for maps, its origin, happens to me anytime, before I fell asleep, when I run to work, in a bus, while talkin to beutiful girl ;) I even remember on an exam, I think as a result of stress I think, I thought, wow that is cool map idea, and then, wooow man, focus focus, first the exam. And I have this thing, that if I get stubborn, or concentrated to do something with a map, I usually whether I am advised nop to do it, I implement it, and I barely change my maps, but I listen to all advices, so I could improve in the future.

The most important thing is, it is fun for me all the time, and it seems I have unlimited ideas ;)

I would be very happy to hear any feed back, what you like, dont like, think is cool, terrible, name, hiden places, difficulty, pattern, anything, so I could improve simply. And it can be even about the first map here, or any in the middle, and anything out of the blue. Anything, so I could hear from you.

I am sorry for the very long post but I am listening to the music and drinking morning coffe :)

Regards to all players, thanx for your post Andrie.

Mero RekamPam <<

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Not to be one who lies I must say a have lost a few days to do homework to games such as Victoria2, Warzone 2100, Dwarf fortress, and cataclysm :3 Usually I have paid for it :annoyed: But no more! :D

Anyways.. How did your Italian Go :hmm:
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi Noname :)

I see Victoria 2 is a nice game. What do you mean by no more paying? :hmm: and what was to be paid for there? are you on Steam?

I did not pass my exam.. I have to pay some money and I will be attending studies as usual and I will reatke it extra in few months time.. if I would not pass it then, I may have beginning of serious trouble.

Now as I am step by step being more free, a map is on its way of course.

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Crazy SQR "Squared" is yet another Squared variation. I have called is Crazy, because it uses some additional terrain space, normally not used by a typical Squared map.

The map is of course for eight players. I wanted it to be lesser in power, as a result you have 14 oils per player, one of which is accessible only by transport "VTOL". Advanced bases are included, but not in their full power, by that I mean you will have to build rest of the necessary structures. Each base has basic protection, but do not count on it for too long. Gateways are included. The map is 180x180.

Have fun :)
wz2100-20120919_123300-Mero_CrazySQR-T1.jpg
Attachments
8c-Mero_CrazySQR.wz
I have just made it, it is crazy, so play it maybe? ;)
(49.93 KiB) Downloaded 513 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am happy to present the Black Nuke map. It is called Black Nuke after the big black nuclear bomb which left two very big and very deep circular canyons due to its special features and terrain complexity. People call it also Black Nuke because of its characteristic look on the previews.

The map is for eight players. It is 200x200, 14 oils per player, but one of those oils is accesible only via VTOL transport. You can chose between one of those exposed in the centre or hiden. Advanced bases and gateways are included. Basic defence structures. You have four oils in base. It is very good for FAA, or any other combination.

Beware of the enormous radiation near the centre of the explosion. Have fun :)
wz2100-20120922_113913-Mero_BlackNuke-T1.jpg
Attachments
8c-Mero_BlackNuke.wz
The bomb was enormous. The crater is even bigger.
(69.47 KiB) Downloaded 530 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Black Nuke is 125th map in this thread, so as a tradicion of mine, the pack with 25 latest maps in a row I have made.

It contains maps from 101 to 125, of any kind, any size, any pattern and finally any terrain type. Mainly if not mostly my beloved Arizona I think :hmm:

Any comments are very welcome. Even if you like map that was made at the very beginning of this thread, do not hesitate to write. I would be even happier if one explain also why :3 The same thing with not liking things :3 :augh:

Suggestions, thoughts, critics, ideas, greetings and any other forum things are very welcome :3

I am very happy to be here with you, and I just love what I do.

Have unforgettable battles Gentlemen :!:

Regards, :thank_you:

Mero RekamPam
Attachments
Maps by Merowingg - 101 - 125 - Pack Four.zip
Zip pack :)
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 907 times
Maps by Merowingg - 101 - 125 - Pack Four.rar
WinRar pack :)
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 322 times

Regards - Mero
Im_Useless
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Im_Useless »

hey Mero, like your style of maps, and the sheer number you seem to come up with is mind boggling lol. Was wondering if you would ever make some maps for 10 players or any other of the new player size maps that are available?

Keith.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Im_Useless hello :)

Thank you Sir :thank_you:

What you are asking about, was already asked here not once. I have to admit that with each request I consider it to happen more. And I always think about it when it happens. But so far I decided not to make 3, 7, 9, 10 player maps.

I think it is still a tribue to 2.3.9 version of the game to which I am related strongly. At the same time, the new version maps would give me a lot, if not hundreds of new possibilities which is already overwhelming me :3

Thank you for request, for now no, maybe in month, maybe in day, maybe a year, but for now I will refrain from making them.

Thanx for the post.

If I may dare to ask, why so underestimating nick?

Regards,

Mero, RekamPam

Regards - Mero
Im_Useless
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Im_Useless »

im actually new here, so i hadn't found nicks maps yet. i will have a look at his maps and give them a play.

in any case, keep making maps as i have found them very enjoyable and would like to see more from you soon :D

Keith
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Im_Useless :)
im actually new here, so i hadn't found nicks maps yet. i will have a look at his maps and give them a play.
I ment that your nick, is underestimating you Sir, and I wanted to know why did you chose such nick?

Once again thank you, and you will see more maps for sure :3 :)

Regards - Mero
Im_Useless
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Im_Useless »

oh XD i dont know, it just seemed right somehow... as im actually terrible at this game, but i like it anyway :P

also i have no gift for mapmaking and have no idea about coding or anything, and as i said im terrible at this game so i cant really offer much useful feedback in terms of how maps play so essentially, im useless to this project XD