8c-Croatia Survival

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Boris
Trained
Trained

8c-Croatia Survival

Post by Boris »

8c-Croatia Survival 4vs4 i think kuky will love this!
Attachments
8c-CS.jpg
8c-CroatiaSurvival.wz
(15.42 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Re: 8c-Croatia Survival

Post by Dylan Hsu »

This looks great! Would you mind posting a screenshot of the map preview and a screenshot of the minimap in deity mode to show oil resources? Also, if you have stats about the map (# of oil, features, etc.) that would be useful to a fellow mapmaker. I look forward to surviving in Croatia...
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

:lol2:
Will try it and comment later...
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Is not good showing oil resources in screenshot.better way is search For oil in to game.
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Post by Saberuneko »

If you don't show them... people will still just cheat to look where they are... So, just give the screenshot.
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

No... i will not.... i have 28 years and 10 years expiriance of playing warzone, so dont be boring.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Boris wrote:No... i will not.... i have 28 years and 10 years expiriance of playing warzone, so dont be boring.
:hmm:
Anyone can open the map in flaME to see where the oil is. anyway, if the map's well made, the player won't be able to simply memorize where the oil is.
But sincerely, your age and playing experience doesn't have anything to do with being kind to show the people where the oil is, since anyone can do that anytime. If we aimed towards a "you've got to search for it" policy, the player's starting positions would need to be secret and random, and we shouldn't be able to even preview the terrain.

But fine, if you don't want to, no one's gonna force you to show it. But anyone can open it and present a map showing off those locations... :?

~Olrox
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Olrox wrote: Anyone can open the map in flaME to see where the oil is. anyway, if the map's well made, the player won't be able to simply memorize where the oil is.
~Olrox
I'll go a step further.

Based on my recent work with Aqua Co-op, even if you could memorize all the oil placements it wouldn't give you an edge over those who didn't or couldn't. I know that sounds radical and off-the-wall but I'm pretty sure it will hold up to practical scrutiny.

BTW I too have been making WZ maps for 10 years. Indeed was part of the contingent who convinced Pumpkin to release the Map Editor in the first place because they were dead set against doing that for months. I also put together the very first Edit World Tutorial Guide - 2 weeks after its release..... & that is something mainly because I don't like writing TUTs but there was so much whining & crying about how hard EW was to use I said - "Oh WTF. If we don't get a TUT together these postings will never end.."

In conclusion - You are a mighty fine map maker Boris. Your work rises head and shoulders above most of the work put out there since FlaME hit the scene. :D

- RV :ninja: