new maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Boris
Trained
Trained

new maps

Post by Boris »

XD
Attachments
4 maps by boris.rar
my 1st maps. New strong base mod soon!
(21.64 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: new maps

Post by KukY »

You could have provided some screenshots, you know...
Since you didn't, I will :D
They are one of best I have seen lately.

All these maps are for 4 players, have moderate-high oil, have no prebuilt bases(start with 4 Trucks) and aren't really good for team play, maybe Otok... If something is wrong, that is because I just looked at them in flaME, didn't play them actually.
  • City sinkhole-128x128
    Altough has same name as another Flail's map, it is much more diffrent. Made on Urban tileset looks pretty good, but colorless, like all other Urban maps. 8 oil in each base + 8x4 oil outside. Fortress typed bases with thick earth walls give you pretty good protection, unfortunately can't be accessed by ground units, but as previously told, they are thick and Cyborg Transports have no problems unloading engineers on them.
    Image Download
  • Open map-160x160
    Again, it has same name as another Flail's map, but now it isn't much more diffrent. Made on Arizona tileset looks great and colourful. Water doesn't play a big act here, but can make your way to enemys base much longer if you don't use Hovers. Has lots of small hills that can make your units stuck. There is 8 oil in each base and 4x4 + 8x2 oil outside. Bases are surrounded by hills, and have 2 ways out.
    Image Download
  • Otok-96x128
    In most of slavenian languages,"otok" stnads for "island" So you can call it Island if you want :) . It is made on Rockies tileset and is made of rubble, snow and water. It isn't much of an island, but it has 2 big areas of water that are unaccesable and take big chunks of map because of that. It has land on 2 sides, connected with a big bridge. On each of those lands there are 2 players, so it can be usable for team play. There is 10 oil in each base and 6x2 oil outside. Bases are estauarium typed, and it will take you lots of defenses to block it.
    Image Download
  • Worms-100x100
    Made on Arizona tileset. All bases are pointed at center ground, and separated by water areas which you can send units on, so they can be used for artillery attacks. There is 16(!) oil in each base, and only 4 oil in center of map, which doesn't make it much thing of additional power, but a thing of prestigue. And it can be used as a hardpoint to decimate enemy forces :twisted: . Bases are forts with wide gates, and walls which can't be built on.
    Image Download
Last edited by KukY on 09 May 2010, 22:32, edited 3 times in total.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

hilarious. you copied the name of some maps.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

KukY wrote:I will also add them to Addons page, if you don't mind. Just tell me what license do you want? I recommend you CC-BY-SA-3.0 + GPLv2. I already have them uploaded, just waiting for your permission to submit them...
Erm... either there's a bug in my code, or you checked "Assign". Unless your name is Boris or you guys signed a copyright reassignment contract, it's illegal for you to check "Assign". :| See, "Certify" anyone can do; as long as the license you chose is the license the original author distributed under.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:
KukY wrote:I will also add them to Addons page, if you don't mind. Just tell me what license do you want? I recommend you CC-BY-SA-3.0 + GPLv2. I already have them uploaded, just waiting for your permission to submit them...
Erm... either there's a bug in my code, or you checked "Assign". Unless your name is Boris or you guys signed a copyright reassignment contract, it's illegal for you to check "Assign". :| See, "Certify" anyone can do; as long as the license you chose is the license the original author distributed under.
I did that? Let me check...
Yea, didn't read that... I stopped carefuly looking at contracts since I spend 2 hours on a EULA of a program I was installing :?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

It was a one sentence contract. :| I make them short on purpose. Maybe I should bold "optional"
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:It was a one sentence contract. :| I make them short on purpose. Maybe I should bold "optional"
Well... :|
I don't think that would do anything...

And one thing: What is the sense of selecting a license when other users don't see it?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

I'll make it so you can see it later.
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

Ok kuky! for addons! Name of maps same because i'm bored with addon.lev ...Maps created with old worldedit.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Boris wrote:Ok kuky! for addons! Name of maps same because i'm bored with addon.lev ...Maps created with old worldedit.
So license CC-BY-SA-3.0 + GPLv2... Just tell me for that question that Zarel brought up: Do you want to give copyright to WZ 2100 Project? By giving it to them, it is more legal for them to continue providing it to users when/if you leave the community.

EditWorld? You should definetly try flaME, it is much easier to use.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Updated upper post with pictures and download links for separate maps from Addons page.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

KukY wrote:it is more legal for them to continue providing it to users when/if you leave the community.
8)
That sounds fun for me, sorry if that's childish of my part. But I think that, or something is illegal, or it's legal, with a (often small) gap between those two classifications.

I don't know, why can't Boris himself log on into the addons page, read the agreement (as everyone should do - as Zarel mentioned, they're already very short) and submit his maps?

What you're doing seems like "Giving the fish, without teaching how to fish", if you will - it's be a thousand times better if Boris got to understand the procedures and do it himself, if possible (I bet that it is).

Sorry if what I say seems rough, once again today. You're a very active member and got a lot of potential and is willing to help - that's the most important reason why I express my full thoughts on what you're doing. I hope that you take it into consideration kindly, just as I would with your own opinions.

~Olrox
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I was trying to add more content to addons page, but I understood some time ago that I can't do that forever for others, I will just suggest creators to upload maps and mods themselfes.