A multi-turret body by Olrox

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: A multi-turret body by Olrox

Post by Zarel »

:D Awesome!

Now work on getting those tracks and half-tracks models you did earlier, in game. ;)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote::D Awesome!

Now work on getting those tracks and half-tracks models you did earlier, in game. ;)
Hmm, those on my "New Propulsion Models" topic?
I was hoping to start retouching the body textures for AR next week (I've already delayed that some 2 or 3 weeks already :P )

~Olrox
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Cool! :D :D

I have to second that earlier comment about it looking somewhat Mars rover like... Very cool style. Perhaps replace the current style of the super large bodies with this style?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Should mention that for a true multi-turret body, it needs to look good with one turret as well as two.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:Should mention that for a true multi-turret body, it needs to look good with one turret as well as two.
I've designed if for the front slot to looks like a cockpit when no turret is there. I'll get some screenshots of it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Edit: Post removed. :ninja:
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 28 Feb 2010, 08:58, edited 4 times in total.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Here are the screenshots with 1-mount usage. Note that the geometry connects the weapon mount with the cockpit. I can even make texture details to make a clear difference - I'll improve the textures in several ways, still.
boa10.PNG
boa11.PNG
~Olrox
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

I think that you should rescale the model a bit to lower its size. Also, black-yellow stripes look strange, can you replace them by something that fits overall design? :)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

MaNGusT wrote:I think that you should rescale the model a bit to lower its size. Also, black-yellow stripes look strange, can you replace them by something that fits overall design? :)
Ok, but I need to hear more people about this first.
I hope you understand ;)

~Olrox
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I daresay this new body is in itself Art Revolution quiddity.

Now this is a body befitting a Commander unit.

And, btw, even without a second turret, a Commander can be weaponized without any code changes. ;)

Also Olrox, have you tried your modified Osprey propulsion model with this body ? Ah, the possibilities here thinking outside the conventional box, are dazzling, me thinks. xD

- RV :ninja:
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 03 Mar 2010, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

I daresay this new body is in itself Art Revolution quiddity.

Now this is a body befitting a Commander unit.

And, btw, even without a second turret, a Commander can be weaponized without any code changes. ;)

Also Olrox, have you tried your modified Osprey propulsion model with this body ? Ah, the possibilities here thinking outside the conventional box, are dazzling, me thinks. xD

- RV :ninja:
Thanks!

About the Osprey props, hmm, it'll take me some time but I think it's all worthy, yeah :D

I'll need to take a good look and see how exactly the propulsion models work. That shouldn't take too much time since I've already grasped the basics.

Right now I'm trying to extend my little modding experience to Silent Storm, mentioning it in some topic some time ago made me want to play it a bit :P

But heck, I haven't quite realized how much I can make just yet. Hmm, but I've already foreseen some things, very nice things already :D

~Olrox
wari
Trained
Trained

Post by wari »

Looks fantastic as is, cant wait to use it in game!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Fine, I will opine: The yellow/black should be desaturated or removed entirely.

And the mountpoints look like they need to be scaled back - they probably don't look very good with small weapons.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

MaNGusT wrote:Also, black-yellow stripes look strange, can you replace them by something that fits overall design? :)
I have to agree here, the yellow/black stripes look like warnings, and together with the light gray gives me more a "concrete hangar" than "tank" impression.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

cybersphinx wrote: I have to agree here, the yellow/black stripes look like warnings, and together with the light gray gives me more a "concrete hangar" than "tank" impression.
Zarel wrote:Fine, I will opine: The yellow/black should be desaturated or removed entirely.

And the mountpoints look like they need to be scaled back - they probably don't look very good with small weapons.
Ok, thanks for suggesting - I'll change those details in the next editions.
Hmm, but I didn't get what you meant by "scaled black", could you mention some examples or a pic on what you mean by that?

@wari - thanks for your appreciation! Unfortunately I'm not sure about how long it'll take for me to have a decent version (relaseable in matters of quality). I mean, the hover still looks weird, I'm not satisfacted with the standard propulsions and VTOL... I'll not release it as long as those don't interact with the model in a good way. Part of my personal quality-on-top-of-quickness policy. But hopefully it won't take too long :)

Anyway, could someone please tell me in advance if it's viable to make different propulsion models for each body? I don't mean making them different for light, medium or heavy bodies, just for super-heavies, because they are larger - would be nice to add differences between those even in the propulsions.

~Olrox