Limits mod (incl. Laser Satellite)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Limits mod (incl. Laser Satellite)

Post by Zarel »

Why would you need more than 99 of anything?

Don't call it a bug, call it a limitation. :[
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

Zarel wrote:call it a limitation. :[
Sad true.... well Its just that when I see the future of this game (very distant future it seems), is a game that handles unlimited amount of units, buildings and huge map sizes. I am a guy that likes massive battles, so I can make strategies sending battalions on different sides at the same time, having a varied army, and some back up strats and all that crazy stuff. Sadly Warzone is not even close to that since the unit count is going down instead of up, buildings limited to small numbers, and maps... well maps seems to be going in the right direction but due to game limitations they just cant be bigger as they currently are.

I normally prefer a good 1v1 battle on a huge map with resources spread all over the map (I like the exploration part but with the last version that was killed, since I can now see where every oil well is), than a 8 player all vs all map. Maybe a 4 vs 4 is good but you cannot count on people to do things like you like, and have to be saving their a$$es all the time is not that fun after the 6th or 7th time you do it.

Call it a bifurcated point of view, since once is how I would like the game to be, and another is how you guys that are making changes want the game to be, and since what will happen is that most likely it will go the way you guys want, then you can say I'm screwed up on this one.

I would really like to see a post where you guys set up how would you see this game in say, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years, since there must be a North where all must be heading otherwise its just a mess.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

winsrp wrote:
Zarel wrote:call it a limitation. :[
Sad true.... well Its just that when I see the future of this game (very distant future it seems), is a game that handles unlimited amount of units, buildings and huge map sizes. I am a guy that likes massive battles, so I can make strategies sending battalions on different sides at the same time, having a varied army, and some back up strats and all that crazy stuff. Sadly Warzone is not even close to that since the unit count is going down instead of up, buildings limited to small numbers, and maps... well maps seems to be going in the right direction but due to game limitations they just cant be bigger as they currently are.

I normally prefer a good 1v1 battle on a huge map with resources spread all over the map (I like the exploration part but with the last version that was killed, since I can now see where every oil well is), than a 8 player all vs all map. Maybe a 4 vs 4 is good but you cannot count on people to do things like you like, and have to be saving their a$$es all the time is not that fun after the 6th or 7th time you do it.

Call it a bifurcated point of view, since once is how I would like the game to be, and another is how you guys that are making changes want the game to be, and since what will happen is that most likely it will go the way you guys want, then you can say I'm screwed up on this one.

I would really like to see a post where you guys set up how would you see this game in say, 1 year, 3 years and 5 years, since there must be a North where all must be heading otherwise its just a mess.
There is no way the current codebase can handle what you are talking about. Without some more help, things are going to be moving very slowly.

Way too much stuff has to change to make epic battles.

And yes, the codebase is a mess, but a better mess than it was, but still a mess. :stare:
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

winsrp wrote:Sad true.... well Its just that when I see the future of this game (very distant future it seems), is a game that handles unlimited amount of units, buildings and huge map sizes. I am a guy that likes massive battles, so I can make strategies sending battalions on different sides at the same time, having a varied army, and some back up strats and all that crazy stuff. Sadly Warzone is not even close to that since the unit count is going down instead of up, buildings limited to small numbers, and maps... well maps seems to be going in the right direction but due to game limitations they just cant be bigger as they currently are.

I'm sorry, but I simply don't think Warzone is the game you're looking for.

Warzone is not fun with a ton of buildings. It's not balanced for that. (More than five research facilities, and you'll be spending too much time researching rather than commanding armies or building up. More than one laser satellite, and it'd be far too powerful. More than ten factories, and there's something seriously wrong with your strategy.)

Warzone is not fun with a ton of oil. It's not balanced for that. (Too much oil turns the game into "who can spend oil the fastest?" rather than "who can spend oil the most wisely?" Warzone is a strategy game, not a reflex game; it should be the latter, not the former.)

Warzone is not fun with a ton of units. It's not balanced for that. (Warzone is historically more of a tactics game than your average RTS. Spamming huge armies deemphasizes tactics, and turns the game into... spam.)

Warzone is not fun with huge (256x256+) maps. It's not balanced for that. (Believe me. I've played on Ariza. Breathtakingly beautiful, but horrible if you actually want to play a game.)

While I didn't personally make the decision to lower any limits, the fact remains that they don't interfere with normal gameplay. If the current limits are a problem for you, then Warzone probably isn't the right game for you. Find a different game.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Buginator wrote: :ninja:
fixed! :3
:mad; :mad; :mad;
Arghhhhhh!
Whenever there is a way to bypass one of too restrictive limits, you "fix" it.