DyDo skirmish AI: ver 2.1.1 (21 Apr 2010)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: DyDo skirmish AI: ver 2.0 (02 Feb 2010)

Post by zydonk »

DylanDog wrote:
Thanks, what do you mean with "The difference is sometimes very subtle"...my poor english...
I mean that as a compliment. AI mods usually have "headline" changes, big rushes, lots of VTOLs or borgs, and so on. I'm playing DyDo on a mash-up of River Canyon that's full of random elements. Mod AIs are usually too lopsided to play well on a map like that. But your mod plays very steady. At first, I could not see much difference from the vanilla AI, but now that I'm in the end game, I find the AI players that have survived (4 out of 7) put up a very stubborn resistance. They are very good at mounting tough counter-attacks. They also organise good defences across strong points. Their use of VTOL is also pretty intelligent, pinpointing radar. (As an aside here, is the AI should scripted to develop incendiary bombs? They often catch repair trucks in the vicinity, which can really complicate things.)
Mabuse
Greenhorn

Re: DyDo skirmish AI: ver 2.0.2 (09 Feb 2010)

Post by Mabuse »

Because I'm rather unhappy with the standard AI of WZ, I tried out your DyDo AI 2.0.2 yesterday.

Because I was so frightened of a new AI, I tried out playing a skirmish game on 8P sandcastles, me at position 3, giving the direct neighbours difficulty a litte less than half (in the options screen at game start), two of the ais little more than half diffculty and the rest nearly full difficulty.

At first I was surprised, the AI came less often, but more powerful at ther first attacks, but I was able to keep them away, when breaking out of my sandcastle I just saw my neighbour had built somewhat more defense hardpoints than the standard ai, but everything even somewhat nice to clean for me. When growing my territory I found the other ais nearly stopping their attacks, I missed "real" attacks (I miss them even in the standard ai), they came (compared to the standard ai) often with vtols, but 4 whirlwind hardpoints in a row within their flightpath let drop them down like stones, so I take vtol-attacks with 3-5 vtols not really seriously. There were no incoming cyborgs or vehicles. But all AIs "turtled" (I did not ask dydo to set their ai to special things) their bases (but only in one direction) with lots of cannon fortresses, some with heavy rocket bastions, and a lot of hardpoints (wonder if the ai finds a way to drive through those buildings)... The ai got a some cyborgs wainting in their bases to attack me, but they all turned around after one shot to their repair stations, so they never were a real threat.

So, what I miss is the ai going on in the medium an later point of the game, it looks like they did not even try to battle themselves, they just waited in their bases for whatever is coming (okay some vtols came... vtols are lousy in my opinion).

The dydo ai even did not protect their oil derricks, not a single turret there, sometimes a sensor, but a sensor without defending hardpoints or units around? uhhh....

DyDo AI in my opinion is much better than the standard in the early time of a map (What I call turtle and research), its even interesting when going on the medium phase (I call it "my first breakout"), but - sorry dylan - as boring as the standard ai in the later phase. Even if the ai decides tu turtle, I think are better options for defending than tons of cannon fortresses. I found 2 (in words: two) mortars on the whole map in the enemy bases, not a single howitzer. I miss advanced defend troops acting as sensors for enemy artillery, I miss some counterattacks in the medium an later time.

I'm a beginning player, not a very good strategic human, any human player in a multiplayer game will beat me I think. It should be possible to set dydos ai level (get it from the slider when starting the game?) to let the player chosse their difficulty, and let dydo make it difficult if the player chooses so. Build a good mixture of defense in a base, use not only cannons, later on get the missile fortress, use artillery and howitzers, some sensors to guide them.

I know it's easy to say "do it", but to make ai "intelligent" is really a hard thing. But I think dylon is on a good way, I will keep on playing the dydo in the next games, because I think it is better than standard ai all the way, even if as boring as standard ai in later time of the game. Good job till yet!
Homer says: "Hello? Operator? Give me the number for 911!"
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i readed mabuse's post, and i can say , some things he's right, but some dont

i aprove:
the ai's attacks become less: Yeah they stopping attacking you
The ais turtle: i dont find that turtle but there units are sooo lame

i disaprove:
the ai turtle: hmmm i think you'v never seen turtle ai before (the real one)

ok i dont have n'thing to say now
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Mabuse wrote:Because I'm rather unhappy with the standard AI of WZ... Good job till yet!
Mabuse, thanks a lot for the post, I have never played on SandCastles map (I will give it a try). I am going to answer you in a detailed way but may I just ask you a thing before doing this?

Download DyDo 2.0.2 if not already done.
Test Dydo AI on the MAP "4c-ariza-II.wz" T1 level, play on position 0 in 1vs1vs1vs1, leave the sliders as they are.
As soon as the game starts, launch the command "/set dydo gen1" to ensure DyDo plays with General1. I have played 3 games so far and had always to surrender. I am also not a good player but also not a bad one.
Let me know your thoughts!

DarkCheetah wrote:the ai turtle: hmmm i think you'v never seen turtle ai before (the real one)
If you mean TURTLE AI by Troman (1.11 Turtle AI 2316) that AI is cheating a lot.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

BUG: Most of the cyborg templates are missing. Your AI can build them, but I can't. All that's left of them are Flashlight, Machinegunner, Scourge, Needle Gunner, Flamer, Cannon, and Lancer. None of the super-cyborgs are left.

I tested WZ with and without your AI mod. I originally thought that it was my own mods that were causing the problems, but after extensive testing, I found that it was the Dydo mod that caused the cyborgs to go missing.

Can you look into this?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

DylanDog wrote:
DarkCheetah wrote:the ai turtle: hmmm i think you'v never seen turtle ai before (the real one)
If you mean TURTLE AI by Troman (1.11 Turtle AI 2316) that AI is cheating a lot.

i dont care XD the AI can NEVER defeat a human without cheats!! Never!!!! XD you should let ur ai cheat to when sliders are completely to the right, the turtle ai of troman, i so miss it!!! it needs to come back, revive now, and capable for the 2.3 versions!! oh so manny wishes...
(you must know, troman gave us premissions to convert them but i dont know how to )
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Arreon wrote:BUG: Most of the cyborg templates are missing. Your AI can build them, but I can't. All that's left of them are Flashlight, Machinegunner, Scourge, Needle Gunner, Flamer, Cannon, and Lancer. None of the super-cyborgs are left.

I tested WZ with and without your AI mod. I originally thought that it was my own mods that were causing the problems, but after extensive testing, I found that it was the Dydo mod that caused the cyborgs to go missing.

Can you look into this?
Thanks fir this. I thought it was a bug on 2.3beta10 but it wasn`t. I will look into this. This is a strange bug as this is not happening with 2.3beta9 and below or warzone2100 2.2. Also the AI is deactivated for human player, I will have hard time to find out where the issue is unless the issue is related to THIS ticket which would make it an easy fix.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Arreon wrote:BUG: Most of the cyborg templates are missing. Your AI can build them, but I can't. All that's left of them are Flashlight, Machinegunner, Scourge, Needle Gunner, Flamer, Cannon, and Lancer. None of the super-cyborgs are left.

Can you look into this?
Fixed with DyDo 2.0.3 ! thanks again for reporting.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: DyDo skirmish AI: ver 2.0.3 (12 Feb 2010)

Post by Zarel »

It has to do with the human template player being renamed from player 5 to player 0.

Per recently OK'ed a change to allow backwards compatibility, so hopefully 2.3b11 will again be compatible with DyDo 2.0.2.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Zarel wrote:Per recently OK'ed a change to allow backwards compatibility, so hopefully 2.3b11 will again be compatible with DyDo 2.0.2.
What are you talking about?
There is a change that will allow human players to have templates on numbers both 5 and 0?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

KukY wrote:What are you talking about?
There is a change that will allow human players to have templates on numbers both 5 and 0?
...it's too hard to explain. The point is that it will be fixed in 2.3 beta 11.
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Zarel wrote:It has to do with the human template player being renamed from player 5 to player 0.
Yes, I used the new template.txt file (the one with 2.3beta10) and this fixed the issue. Thanks for suggesting.
My Warzone 2100 mods:
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

KukY wrote: What are you talking about?
DyDo-AI mod does include a modified template.txt file as I wants DyDo to build tanks not included in the standard AI. The file template.txt DyDo was using had an issue. This is now fixed wth DyDo 2.0.3
My Warzone 2100 mods:
GPolice
Trained
Trained

Post by GPolice »

Im have a Good Idea for Dydo. In the Alliance Window you can give Dydo Units and Power.
How about when you wrote Help Dydo send to you Units and give a half to you. When you give Dydo Units he use them and said: "Thanks". When you give him a LKW and drop Beacon and wrote him "New Base" he send all Units from the Damadged Base to that Coordinates and start a new base.

Or when Dydo not have enought Energy he wrote: Power please / plz / pls. When you give him Power he said Thanks
Or when YOU write do Dydo Power plz. He loook when he had over 500+ Enegy/ 100+ Energy he give to you and said here you had.When he had only 100- Energy he said: Sorry im havent not enought.... ;)
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Mabuse wrote:Because...
I think the fact you have not been attacked too often is due to the map itself. I played it too and I noticed that the way it is made forces all AIs (yellow ones in the attached screen shot) to attack first you neighborhood (green one).
Attachments
SandCastle_b.JPG
My Warzone 2100 mods: