Rebalance 0.5.2

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Re: Rebalance 0.5.2

Post by Firechkn34 »

ok then i will stop using those mods. thanks ohh and does this work for the campaign?
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Not right now, no.
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Hello Zarel,
I would like to ask something. Are twin (or multiple) turrets allowed in this mod? I have successfully tested side attached primary turret, but i would like to test two of them. Per told me that multiple turrets work in your mod. Is that so?

Best regards,
Astorian
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

astorian wrote:Hello Zarel,
I would like to ask something. Are twin (or multiple) turrets allowed in this mod? I have successfully tested side attached primary turret, but i would like to test two of them. Per told me that multiple turrets work in your mod. Is that so?

Best regards,
Astorian
Hi Astorian,

I'll take the liberty since I'm in the process of integrating Zarel's work into my "War School" project..

Yes... it is. In the design screen once you assign the first turret you'll see another GUI button for the second turret assignment like the screen cap below..

Regards, whip :ninja:
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

whippersnapper wrote: Hi Astorian,

I'll take the liberty since I'm in the process of integrating Zarel's work into my "War School" project..

Yes... it is. In the design screen once you assign the first turret you'll see another GUI button for the second turret assignment like the screen cap below..

Regards, whip :ninja:
Thank you for your quick response, i did figured out how to do it without using this mod. I did read the http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TxtEditing, but i missed somehow the weaponSlots column int the body.txt. :D
AND NOW.... NOW! I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!! :cool:
I have gathered all information i needed to understand the whole thing. THANK YOU Developers for perfectly done the documentation! THANK YOU!
I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Best Regards,
Astorian
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

astorian wrote:
Thank you for your quick response, i did figured out how to do it without using this mod. I did read the http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/TxtEditing, but i missed somehow the weaponSlots column int the body.txt. :D
AND NOW.... NOW! I CAN DO ANYTHING!!!!! :cool:
I have gathered all information i needed to understand the whole thing. THANK YOU Developers for perfectly done the documentation! THANK YOU!
I have a lot of work ahead of me.

Best Regards,
Astorian
Hehe... I know the feeling. :) Your welcome too. For me though it's the endless testing of modifications for MP balance that is the greatest challenge... I'm glad somebody is finding the Text Editing Wiki practically useful. :) Been contributing some to it lately to expand the already fine info.

Regards, whip :)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I can't wait to see what comes out of this :) Multi-turret is a really cool concept.
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Post by eyestrain92 »

Hopefully it'll come together in an official release if someone does enough work on the models.
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Per wrote:I can't wait to see what comes out of this :) Multi-turret is a really cool concept.
I wanted to do my own WZ mod and now i have the info i needed to do so.
I have very much work ahead of me. I have to replace all body, turrets and weapon models. After that all the structures. Texturing at the end.
There is only one thing that i would like to know to make the mod perfect: how to animate the propulsion wheels when the vehicle is moving.
I know how to create the multi-object frame pie for animation, do the ani file and add it to anim.cfg. But to tel the game to use the animation when the vehicle starts to move - thats my concern.

Best Regards,
Astorian
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

The use of animations in the game is unfortunately pretty much hard-coded in the source. This is planned to change with the WZM format later on, but if you have some specific needs, maybe it can be looked at before that time.
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Per wrote:The use of animations in the game is unfortunately pretty much hard-coded in the source. This is planned to change with the WZM format later on, but if you have some specific needs, maybe it can be looked at before that time.
hmm... that means the whole anims folder is useless then?
I was going through all the files/process to find out how is it working, i even figured out how to do frame animated pie files an i thought i new all i need.
If the anims files are not used now, can they be enabled to be used? (bad idea i supose)
My specific need is to rotate the (propulsion) object or its texture around the x axis when the vehicle is moving. Off course i do know you have your hands full with coding. I can offer to model, texture and test all what is needed as far as my knowledge reaches.

Best Regards,
Astorian
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

astorian wrote:hmm... that means the whole anims folder is useless then?
I was going through all the files/process to find out how is it working, i even figured out how to do frame animated pie files an i thought i new all i need.
If the anims files are not used now, can they be enabled to be used? (bad idea i supose)
My specific need is to rotate the (propulsion) object or its texture around the x axis when the vehicle is moving. Off course i do know you have your hands full with coding. I can offer to model, texture and test all what is needed as far as my knowledge reaches.
What I meant to say is, the anims folder is used for animations, but the type of animations that are supported is pretty much hard-coded. So it is hard to add new types of animation.
astorian
Trained
Trained

Post by astorian »

Per wrote: What I meant to say is, the anims folder is used for animations, but the type of animations that are supported is pretty much hard-coded. So it is hard to add new types of animation.
If i understand you correctly the files in anims folder are used. What if i can create a new animation .ani file with the .pie file - including textured objects off course.
The frame animation is makable from my side and i mean the pie including textured frame objects, connectors, tags, and all a animation pie needs.
I can import existing frameanimations to blender and edit them and export for testing. Then edit the .ani file so that it calls the frame added/removed objects correctly.
I think the milliseconds between frames could be also edited.

But if i don't understand you correctly, does it mean to edit the source code?

My best regards,
Astorian
psychopompos
Trained
Trained

Post by psychopompos »

whippersnapper wrote:I'd be targeting the turret made of metal - odds are much greater for success.
it would be interesting to see 'sweet spot'/'head shot' hit bonuses.
could that even be bone at the minute?
Firechkn34
Trained
Trained

Post by Firechkn34 »

ok when i run this "mod" with the game i get a "sign" under Warzone at the main menu that says rebalance 0.5.0

is that normal or should it read rebalance 0.5.2?

also how do i add multiple turrets to vehicles? i only have one icon for a turret in the design window
Dies Irae: Day of Wrath