SquaredWar

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
luisynai101
Trained
Trained

SquaredWar

Post by luisynai101 »

ok i just made a new map and it has alot of space...a little to much but has alot of oil and 4 trucks

i never released V1 cas it had a couple things to fix

OkSHOULD I REMOVE THIS MAP i really didnt understand what turtle but im guessing it not to good huh

OK for V3 i decresed a couple height to 2
Attachments
4c-SquaresWarV3.wz
(5.51 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

[The extension lnd has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

4c-SquaredWarV2.wz
(5.49 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Last edited by luisynai101 on 18 Apr 2009, 21:22, edited 3 times in total.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: SquaredWar

Post by whippersnapper »

- This map is pure Turtle heaven and will result in Turtle War !

- Victory will go to the fastest Turtle, heh. O_o

Attachments
Turtle Paradise.jpg
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

whippersnapper wrote:.
- This map is pure Turtle heaven and will result in Turtle War !

I agree, and the battle will never cease with this Turtle Battle.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i will be a Fast and Great Tortoise XD i realy build evrywhere some defenses and random stuffz, wich leads mostly to a map domination =P
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

whippersnapper wrote:.

- My intuition tells me that the Turtle that achieves Air Supremacy first will have the edge.
But only playing MP against peeps will reveal if there is a particular winning strat when
turtles go to war... hmmm. I've never played an all Turtle game.

- Regards, whipper. :cool:

On a side note: I think genuine Coop version of this map could be efficiently made, Your basic design is flexible in that direction of modification - of course it could be something you may not be interested in. Just a passing thought anyway.

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

well , as i like Turtle maps then i'm in! i wonder how turtle ai will do this?
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

luisynai101 wrote: OkSHOULD I REMOVE THIS MAP i really didnt understand what turtle but im guessing it not to good huh
- Turtle is fine. I would NOT remove the map. Turtle is just a different style a lot of peeps enjoy playing. More focused on base building that's all. Those who like a more offensive-aggressive game style from the beginning are just more vocal about their preferences than those who favor a Turtle style of play. From what I have seen over the years it breaks down to 50% - 50%... Mostly Turtles abandon on-line MP because of Rush and and settle for playing against the A.I. in Skirmish - and Campaign, of course. If there were more MP maps designed around the idea of parity between Rush and Turtle styles of play you'd see more Turtles gaming on-line, IMHO. I've
actually met master Rushers who can kick ass with that style but are actually Turtles at heart... meaning they really much enjoy base
building and so they stop playing MP even though they are monster players at Rushing the pace and exploiting all the games imbalances - it's just not that fun for them. What is happening under those conditions is that the game is FORCING you to play one
style...
instead of a variety of winning styles and that just plain sucks all the fun out of the experience.

- Reducing height to 2 is probably a good idea. A height of 5 causes Vtol speed-bumps - that is Vtols have a tendency
to stall before they can "climb" over a 5 height. A height of 3-4 will NOT cause Vtol Speed Bumps but will certainly lessen
the effectiveness of both DF & IF weap based siege options.. Were as the defenders IF when well placed can lob over the
"walls" of Cliff and splat attacking ground forces with ease.

- I wouldn't be concerned about peeps downloading your .LND file more than your .WZ file. All this means is that peeps
that have 32EW running can analyze your map quicker and then can compile their own .WZ file just as easily you did, and
run it in game.
DarkCheetah wrote:well , as i like Turtle maps then i'm in! i wonder how turtle ai will do this?
- ALL A.I.s handle this map the same way..... same as most Turtle Players. The reason being 2 fold. One - you have 12 Oil
Resources in base - more than enough to do whatever you want without having to fight-over and protect oil resources scattered OUTside the Base platform. Two - the bases are not vulnerable to ground attacks except for a few tiles that make up the 1 entrance which is easily and cheaply fortified.... The rest of the base has natural and impenetrable "walls" - the 2-sides that are the corner of the map and then the 2 other sides which are solid (2-tiles in height) of cliff ridges

- Basically you can Base Defend,- build your fortifications and research ..... tech-up to air supremacy - meaning you don't have to launch a major attack until you have built 50+ Vengeance Pulse Laser Vtols..... for variety you may manufacture Troop Transports
and Super Cyborgs for "mop-up Ops" behind your Air Force assaults...

- Regards, whipper.

FlamingPope
New user

Post by FlamingPope »

Bunker Busters!
cloud6sword
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cloud6sword »

dont think bunker busters would work to well on here think u would be better to use boambarders and pepper pots along with ur volts mabey make a scout volt to reveal every thing then move a sensor truck in range and order the long range to fire

and im also a fan of the set back and deff and research as much stuff as possible because when i go to take out the enemy i would rather it be with the best stuff i can get then with the crap starter stuff
.: Uber Noob :.
Sharad Sun
New user

Post by Sharad Sun »

Dude, this map KICKS.

Heh, lameness over.

I experimented a little by disabling VTOL Factory (I know it's sacrilege, but keep reading) and I found out that you can actually use a Rush/Turtle combo strategy to tuck into at least 3 of the resource fortresses. If you put up a few Pepperpots/HPVs/maybe an MRL emp or two, you can hold out for at least an hour while you build a few hundred Gauss Cannon Vengeance Tracks. Then you storm the hell out of them. Very nice comp stomp map.

If you do a V4, then have ramps leading from the insides of the forts to the tops of the walls. I always put my artillery up there.
luisynai101
Trained
Trained

SW2

Post by luisynai101 »

im thinking of makin SW 2 8 player i dont know how to add it but i already designed it just gotta finish up the tiles