Warzone Hardcore Mode Mod V2.0 Released!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone Hardcore Mode Mod V2.0 Released!

Post by Black Project »

Some of my ideas on new weapons of the mod to make it more interesting:

Plasmite Flamers:
Plasma Flamer (Normal Flamer)
Hell Raiser (Inferno)

New Cannons:
SSL Cannon (Supersonic Light Cannon)
SSM Cannon (Supersonic Medium Cannon)
SSH Cannon (Supersonic Heavy Cannon)
Hypersonic Cannon (Hyper Velocity Cannon)

Rail Gun Tecnology:
Gauss Missile (Scourge Missile)
Twin Gauss Cannon (Gauss Cannon)

Thermal Lasers (Start fire)

MGs

Twin MG
Quad MG
Twin HMG
Twin Assault Gun
Cpt1Downie
Greenhorn

Post by Cpt1Downie »

cam 1, first away mission got owned :( felt humiluated lol.

i like this though, makes it a lot more interesting! :)
from the dispair of death, comes the joy of rebirth
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Cpt1Downie wrote:cam 1, first away mission got owned :( felt humiluated lol.

i like this though, makes it a lot more interesting! :)
LOL :ninja:

Try bring at least 1 or 2 Repair units at your combat group, it should help you a lot, but try not to lost them ;)

Getting the Heavy Machinegun can help you a lot to defeat the Scavengers

Regards BP
zspace
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zspace »

I am still kinda new at this but I (mostly out of curiosity) tried this last night and got absolutely trashed by the flamer towers at the end of Alpha 1 (as much as it pains me to admit I got owned by the bot).
I can see the challenge in playing with this mod. I'll be playing it some more tonight, maybe I can make it to the NP without getting owned.
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Tips: Clear out all non-flamer enemies before attacking the Flamer Towers (don't get close of them), order your units to attack at long range against the Flamer towers, it's better put one unit closer of the flamer towers as a decoy so the bigger battalion doesn't get trashed by the enemy flamers.

It's a quite complicated, but it's worth and save units
Image to explain better
Image to explain better
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- War is hell they say...... but being out-gunned and still finding a way to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat makes
for a blooded warrior's tight smile over a just fate carved with courage and savvy...
Attachments
HCCam CU 8.jpg
HCCam CU 10.jpg
HCCam CU 11.jpg
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

OK, that's enough whipper, thank you for those beauty screenshots :D

Regards BP
Sonsalt
Trained
Trained

Post by Sonsalt »

Yea a multiplayer version would be awesome, I would appreciate sharing the gameplay features with friends over coop or pvp.

Thinking about it, is it difficult to adjust the AI so that it can upgrade its techs with your features ?
hoangtamfd
New user

Post by hoangtamfd »

-At this v2.0 must fix problem of tank killer. I didnt test at Muti but at Campaign this is a problem. I like tank killer and develope them from other skilled tank. lolz, cant understand why they often hold fire at enemy but no shooting even enemy in its range. I posted a tested savegame of this image, u can test them : http://www.mediafire.com/?viwqrzf0lzt
lolz 10 tankiller+ with hero,special, veteran... hold fire as stupid tank :mad; This made me pause Campaign because it's bored
-At Campaign 2, some tank got a bug name that I didnt noticed, fixed = recycle them. After I design a new tank from truck slot design, the new tank also name 'Truck' ???? And a new tank that be design by 3 part 1-3-2 (weapon- wheel- body) has different name with itself be designed by 3 part 1-2-3 (weapon-body-wheel).
-I also met a bug skilled . I skilled a commander from first time for tanker and gether skill to other tanks. Commander became Special, but sometime it backs to veteran- down 1 rank, after save and load again, it be Special.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Back to it after a 10 day break. It's my way of making this experience last as long as possible. ;)

- Alpha 6... 2 hour timer, lots to do.

- Within the first 10 minutes: repair-recycle units from away mission, lots to research, build-up base fortifications, design and manufacture, create new mixed arms combat groups to prepare to launch an offensive and keep fighting off waves of Scav and NP assaults on your base... That's a lot of switch-tasking (multi-tasking is a myth) but it flows and doesn't feel like I'm sacrificing
anything in preping for the battles that lie ahead in unknown territory. It's a satisfyingly balanced game play experience and that is a paradox. Why ? Because you are behind the curve of your oppositions tech level and are out-gunned to boot. How can that condition feel fair and satisfying ?

- What's the answer to that last question and the paradox ?

- What I'm so attracted to in this HC CAM is that it is soup to nuts fighting an entirely Asymmetric War which is what "you are behind the curve of your oppositions tech level and are out-gunned to boot" is formally called in military parlance. And you can still prevail just like in RL military field Ops that are focused on out-witting via tight command and control over 3-4 mixed combat groups from multiple vectors at varying velocities... Sadly, MP GPMs cannot at present support this experience. There are explicit ways to make it possible in MP but this is not the place to get into that.

- Another thing I'll point out, which may be obvious but I think it's value is nonetheless mainly over looked, is that Research is artifact driven in CAM which is in turn an outcome of hard-won battle which results in a balanced pacing of the tasking..This too is very satisfying in ways that are not at all in MP.

- Anyway..... will follow up with some more mission specific experiences...

- regards, whipper
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Alpha 6 continued:

- Sometimes impressive armor columns have to make do without air support or even infantry. They must also negotiate
a long choke that can easily become a death grip if you don't claw your advance foot by foot utilizing mobile defense
while advancing a precision and patient offensive of well composed combat groupings..

- This has always been one of my favorite missions & no matter how many times I've played, it was never a cakewalk and in this
version it's more challenging than ever.... yet still balanced and fair and more fun even, IMO (this last could be an acquired taste,
to be honest).

- Again, you cannot storm your way through the death grip even if you command 50+ fully upgraded units. If you go that route you will
be chewed up by Scav and NP forces acting in concert and having the terrain advantage from the get go with cleverly placed defenses.

- Lastly, you must commence negotiating the Death Canyon no later than 30 minutes into it. You will need that 90 minutes left to
deal effectively with the choke and all that yet remains on the other side.

- regards, whipper.

hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

DAMN!

My first battle with NP, well. O_O :stressed: :gonk: OUCH!

Nice work BP.. :3
AKA. Balano
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

- Final Comments on Alpha 6: This mission is HUGE and I'm not gonna bull chit you - it kicked my arse several times.
It has everything going on - meaning you have to bring the full scope of your skills and decision-making to bear:
There are so many variables that I couldn't say for sure if how I went is the best way to deal with the later
half of this mission. But here follows, in broad strokes, some more key things I had to do...

- When their is a lull in NP & Scav Units attacking that's when you have to act fast and precise to take
out fortifications.

- The importance of having repair units attached to your combat groups cannot be stressed
enough (at least 2 per group).

- For those of you who think: "If I only had 3-4 hours I could handle this better.." This is very counter-intuitive for
me to say but having more time only makes it more difficult because you have to fight many more battles and
attrition sets in - your oil flow is not enough to sustain you for those additional hours. In other words - with the
quantity and distro of oil resources it's easier to do this mission in 2 hours than 3-4....

- My biggest challenge was controlling my combat groups precisely and fast enough... This Mission would be a
good test-bed for new Command UIs..

- I will say that compared to the last Nexus Missions of the original campaign this Alpha 6 is way harder and
those are like 20 odd missions away of increased challenge. Sheesh... getting a little scared of what lies ahead. ;)

- I'd interested in hearing others experience with this Alpha 6...

- regards, whipper.

hjhjhj
Trained
Trained

Post by hjhjhj »

whippersnapper wrote:.

- I'd interested in hearing others experience with this Alpha 6...

- regards, whipper.

If anyone could get there O_O
AKA. Balano
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Hmmm. Have any of you tried playing CAM3? I have a feeling it'd be poorly balanced and far too easy compared to CAM1 and CAM2, because of the weakened weapons.