Warzone Hardcore Mode Mod V2.0 Released!

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone Hardcore Mode Mod V2.0 Released!

Post by whippersnapper »

Zarel wrote:Hmmm. Have any of you tried playing CAM3? I have a feeling it'd be poorly balanced and far too easy compared to CAM1 and CAM2, because of the weakened weapons.
- Ha ! I'm weeks away at this rate from getting to those. I do remember BP said he addressed this issue in his changes from v.1.0 to v.2.0.
I guess next time I play I could skip ahead just to see how the Nexus missions play... But that will have to wait a few days though as I'm focused working on "Patrol" script-code for our game now and coding doesn't come natural and easy to my brain..(actually, hardest thing
I've ever done..).

-Regards, whipper.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

whippersnapper wrote:Ha ! I'm weeks away at this rate from getting to those. I do remember BP said he addressed this issue in his changes from v.1.0 to v.2.0.
I guess next time I play I could skip ahead just to see how the Nexus missions play... But that will have to wait a few days though as I'm focused working on "Patrol" script-code for our game now and coding doesn't come natural and easy to my brain..(actually, hardest thing
I've ever done..).
Well, I'm clearly suggesting that you skip over to the other campaigns. I think there's a command-line thing that lets you do that, but it's a bit undocumented.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

hjhjhj wrote:

If anyone could get there O_O

- I know the feeling. My first encounter with NP on that Away Mission was close to discouraging me with it's
difficulty. I think exploiting the terrain advantage was one of the main reasons I was able to get through that feeling.

- In Alpha 6 it's the other way around - NP and Scavs also have the Terrain Advantage, on top of everything else.
Many times I threw up my hands and said "This is impossible !!!" , at my wits end too it pushed me. Then I realized
this was, at least for me, a mental game with myself that reminded me when I used to play sports like basketball, football
tennis, etc.,(and of late Kapap)... and I would get into this flow state that athletes call "being in the Zone"... Speaking
only for myself, I could only get through this mission by being in the zone. And I have a sense that I'm gonna have to call
on that state of mind to deal effectively with what lies ahead - in the way executing sets of inter-locking tactics that will have much
variety as I proceed.

- Also..... this reminds me of a Sci Fi Novel called "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card and what the main character Ender had to do in fighting and winning a war with aliens...

- regards, whipper.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

-

- Compared to Alpha 6..... missions 7 & 8 are "cake". Challenging, yes, but nowhere near as demanding as 6.....

- As for tips, general Tacs, over-arching Stratetgy, favorable mental dispositions... I have nothing new to add to what I have already posted.. I have a sneaking suspicion that the great divide for players who enjoy the challenges and those who don't will fall within what
I have come think of as an optimal Flow state of mind. Rather than explain that term here let me give you a concise reference to
the scientist who created the field some 40 years ago: http://www.psychologytoday.com/articles ... 00042.html

- Before I continue with Alpha 9 I think I will next follow-up on Zarel's suggestion of checking out the Nexus series of missions to see
if they are "too easy" &/or poorly balanced because of re-balancing changes for other game modes. (I remember Black Project said
he addressed the issue between v.1.0 and v.2.0 of this mod but I guess it doesn't hurt to test it out...)

- regards, whipper :cool:

whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Alpha 8 Part 1 Tips: 30 minute Timer, Away Mission, NO Resupply....

My biggest mistake: before ending Mission 7 I should have moved all my units to HQ LZ.
Not having done that it took 10 minutes for them to travel there. You must NOT waste that time.
You need to immediately launch the transport and at the other side immediately build
a factory.

The map is small but very cleverly designed. To get to the artifact you must run a gauntlet of Scavs
and NP. The opposition is not only powerful but canny too. For example - NP uses Trucks to jam-up
your combat forces on the tight mountain passes effectively making your units sitting ducks from at least
2 vectors..... not only that but those very NP Trucks will draw your precious firepower unless you micro
tightly YOUR fire-power.

Part 2 Tips to follow l8r.

- Regards, whipper.

marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

*I don't remember how to take screenshot*
*in the instalation, i did not succed to install *hard* part* So i don't know if i have the same version as you. But my machineguntower aren't like your
it's like HMG tower.

If i have the correct version, it will be a pleasure for me to do the campaign.*currently taking some energie at the 3rd mission* (te one no timer)
I hope i'll be enough good for that campaign :)

-1 mission vs tank
*WTF? i am 20 vs 1 and my tank die. I need canon O_O. I,ll have to do somethink

-losed 4 time that mission. Even with all my tank i can build on the battlefield, i am dieing >.>

-34 mortar and 30 HMG tank killed the ennemie base Finaly :)

-hard. here is somes pics
Attachments
wz2100_shot_009.png
wz2100_shot_011.png
wz2100_shot_012.png
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

and well, an other pic

omg, he landed on my face
Attachments
wz2100_shot_013.png
wz2100_shot_014.png
wz2100_shot_015.png
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Are you playing the 2.2 RC1 version of the WZ Hardcore Mode?

There an issue when playing with the mod: Even if i change the values of weapons, bodies or propulsion, the values still keep the original one in 2.2.x versions

So i recomend to play on 2.1.x versions, so this issue will not happen.

Regards BP
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

2.1.x?? what is that version?
where did i donwload it?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

marcmad wrote:2.1.x?? what is that version?
where did i donwload it?
Sorry for my misinterpretation. 2.1.x is a serie of versions which contains improvements and bugfixes than older versions.

All 2.1.x Versions in order (Newest to Oldest)

2.1.3 (Most Stable Release - Last 2.1.x Version)
2.1 RC 2
2.1 RC 1
2.1 BETA 5
2.1 BETA 4
2.1 BETA 3 (Skipped Officially)
2.1 BETA 2
2.1 BETA 1 (First 2.1.x Release)

So you'll need to download the 2.1.3 Version
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

lol. set the diffulties at *hard* and you'll see that 2 tank vs 3 buggies scavenger, the scaverger win. :!!!:

So that why i set at easy xD

-i see, you not only upgraded weapons of ennemies but you upgraded our too. ~machine gun with 300 speed fire~
Last edited by marcmad on 17 May 2009, 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:Are you playing the 2.2 RC1 version of the WZ Hardcore Mode?

There an issue when playing with the mod: Even if i change the values of weapons, bodies or propulsion, the values still keep the original one in 2.2.x versions

So i recomend to play on 2.1.x versions, so this issue will not happen.

Regards BP
...what do you mean?

I'd like to fix this problem. How does it do that?
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

Zarel wrote:...what do you mean?

I'd like to fix this problem. How does it do that?
I'll try to explain better the problem:

1) I open the "base.wz" with WinRAR:
2) I go to "stats/weapons"
3) I want to decrease the damage of Lancer from 160 to 125
4) I change the value, i save and close the file with the new value.
5) So i run Warzone and start a new campaign game.
6) Activate the DEBUG Mode and apply "give all" cheat to have all stuff available.
7) Go to design, create a new unit with the Lancer weapon
8) The Lancer that should cause 125 of damage but it still causes 160!

Inside of the "base.wz" files, there's the "stats-sql", i go to data and saw 7 files:

body.sql
bodypropulsionimd.sql
brain.sql
ecm.sql
structures.sql
structureweapons.sql
weapons.sql

I open the "weapons.sql" file with the WordPad, and do the same stuff like the "weapons.txt" but again it stills cause 160.

So: If i try to change the values of these files:

body.txt
bodypropulsionimd.txt
brain.txt
ecm.txt
structures.txt
structureweapons.txt
weapons.txt

It will stay unchanged even if i already putted new values to them.

Zarel, maybe it's better you try to figure out yourself the issue that i explained if you understand me what i'm saying.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Black Project wrote:I'll try to explain better the problem:

1) I open the "base.wz" with WinRAR:
2) I go to "stats/weapons"
3) I want to decrease the damage of Lancer from 160 to 125
4) I change the value, i save and close the file with the new value.
5) So i run Warzone and start a new campaign game.
6) Activate the DEBUG Mode and apply "give all" cheat to have all stuff available.
7) Go to design, create a new unit with the Lancer weapon
8) The Lancer that should cause 125 of damage but it still causes 160!
Um, if you open it with WinRAR, saving files you opened from inside base.wz won't edit base.wz at all. You have to do it like this:

Extract all the files in base.wz.
Do your edits.
Zip them up again (or better, just zip up the modified files).
Make sure the directory structure of the zip matches (hardcore_mod.zip/stats/weapons.txt, etc).
Rename the file to hardcore_mod.wz or something.
Put the file in mods/campaign/autoload/hardcore_mod.wz

As far as I know, the problem isn't on our end; it's just because you're not doing it correctly.
Black Project wrote:Inside of the "base.wz" files, there's the "stats-sql", i go to data and saw 7 files:

body.sql
bodypropulsionimd.sql
brain.sql
ecm.sql
structures.sql
structureweapons.sql
weapons.sql

I open the "weapons.sql" file with the WordPad, and do the same stuff like the "weapons.txt" but again it stills cause 160.
The SQL files do nothing at all. We never finished with them.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Zarel wrote:Um, if you open it with WinRAR, saving files you opened from inside base.wz won't edit base.wz at all. You have to do it like this:

Extract all the files in base.wz.
Do your edits.
Zip them up again (or better, just zip up the modified files).
Make sure the directory structure of the zip matches (hardcore_mod.zip/stats/weapons.txt, etc).
Rename the file to hardcore_mod.wz or something.
Put the file in mods/campaign/autoload/hardcore_mod.wz

As far as I know, the problem isn't on our end; it's just because you're not doing it correctly.
Editing the files in base.wz and mp.wz has always worked fine for me. You edit the file, save it and then winrar asks you if you want to update the file. However I think opening an archive from inside an archive might not work becuase I think it's stored in a temporary directory when you open it.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."