> 2008-03-16 : Version 2.1 Beta 2
* New: Preview of italian (35% complete), french (25%) and russian (9%) translations
* Fix: Crash (integer divide by zero) when starting a multiplayer game after playing a single player game
* Fix: A memory corruption in structure limits could cause destroy button to disappear (among other things)
* Fix: Crash during saving in multiplayer/skirmish mode, when Aivolution AI is enabled (bug #11084)
* Fix: Special characters would be printed as '?' (bug #10913)
* Fix: Warzone could lock up, trying to pick a droid (bug #11250)
* New: Replaced old menu backdrops with new, high-res ones
* Change: Reduce the number of atmospheric particles generated and lower the CPU usage
* Fix: Briefings were not displayed at high resolutions (bug #11121)
* Fix: Fonts were not displayed with QuesoGLC 0.7.0 (patch #961)
* Fix: Fireworks looked crappy (patch #994)
* Fix: Restarting a map caused "unable to load experience" messages (bug #11085)
* Fix: Upgrade power generator with powModule instead of resModule (bug #11122)
* Fix: AI opponents would use the medium yellow body all the time (bug #11097)
* Balancing (Multiplayer):
* Change: Let weapons with high ROF but low damage deal damage too (bug #11191)
* Change: Fortress balacing adapted
> 2008-02-17 : Version 2.1 Beta 1
* New: i18n support (German translation at 95%, dansk 13%, dutch 11%)
* New: Optional additional AI: Aivolution
* New: 64bit compatibility
* New: Video options menu to allow for things such as resolution to be
changed without needing to manually edit the config file.
* New: 'Locked Teams' alliance mode: human players and AIs can play in a team against other teams.
* New: Allies now have shared vision in 'Teamplay' and 'Locked Teams' modes.
* New: Height-map mini-map mode (Default key combination to cycle through mini-map modes: Ctrl+Tab).
* New: Multi-Turret support for units and structures.
* New: 'Circle' command for VTOLs - upon activation will make VTOLs fly in circles and engage approaching enemies.
* New: A more realistic miss/hit evaluation system - allows to dodge projectiles.
* New: Top, bottom, left, right, front and rear armor types for units.
* New: Improved scripting language documentation.
* New: UTF-8 and font rendering support added (aids in i18n). This depends on QuesoGLC.
* Change: Migrate all networking code to a new and improved net-primitives API.
* Change: Store data in "Local SettingsApplication Data" instead of "My DocumentsMy Games", as Microsoft recommends.
* Fix: Skirmish difficulty slider now applies settings to the right players.
* Campaign Mode:
* Fix: accuracy, damage and ROF upgrades, which were mistakenly applied to Mini-Pods and Mini-Rocket
Artillery, are now correctly applied to Lancer, Bunker Buster, Tank Killer and Ripple Rockets.
* Unit AI:
* New: Multi-criteria target selection routine to automatically choose the best suitable target.
* New: Units and structures will constantly look for a better target taking into consideration
targets of the friendly units nearby - won't lock on one target forever anymore.
* Skirmish/Multiplayer AI:
* New: Enabled basic level of Human-AI cooperation, for more information visit: http://wz2100.net/wiki/gameplay:cooperative_ai
* New: AI units now return to defend its own base when it's in trouble.
* Improved: AI is faster at producing units, upgrading structures and oil capturing.
* Several other improvements.
* Fix: AI doesn't get free units when playing in 'Advanced Bases' mode anymore.
* Fix: AI won't preferably attack humans anymore.
* New: Gettext required (0.17 is known to work)
* New: Intel C++ Compiler (ICC) supported (10.0 is known to work, FIXME: only release-mode compiles atm :FIXME)
* Change: No optional dependencies anymore (Ogg/Vorbis now required)
* Change: Use pkg-config (0.9 should work) instead of autoconf scripts for SDL, PNG and Ogg/Vorbis (Faster)
* Balancing (Multiplayer):
* Rock-Paper-Scissors applied to all weapon types by emphasizing their specialization.
* Less popular technologies like LasSat, Fortresses, Flamers, Mini-Pods, Light Cannon are made more attractive
by raising their effectivity.
* Cost/Performance ratio improved for Cyborgs.
* Cannons cause more splash damage are now more versatile in their use.
* Lancer and Tracks have more pre-requisites to become available.