an alternative intro movie (part with satellite)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
elio
Regular
Regular

Re: an alternative intro movie (part with satellite)

Post by elio »

yes, it's definitely true

i've contacted hatsjoe and he's interested in fmv making, but were both busy now in rl. (as for wz i'm working on higher quality icons)
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

True. I will be available in about one month. Its all about school now :(
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Quick idea I'm suggesting:

Just with the satellites, are they in LEO (Low Earth Orbit) or Geosynchronous Orbit? Because depending on ur altitude, you will see little or no stars depending on the lighting conditions.

Also, for the space sequences in the movies, why not use the Orbiter Spaceflight Simulator? Its true that it would take a bit of effort to model the animated and missile firing NASDA satellites, but as we're only aiming for a moving and firing satellite, the physics and such would not need to be modelled - you'd just have eye candy in a given orbit around the earth. And from low Earth orbit, 'ol terra looks [pretty damn realistic with the level 10 textures enabled.

Once  you have the satellites orbiting where you want, just start-up fraps or similar, and use photoshop to and nice glow effects to the beam and such. The advantage of this is, if done properly, we can have an orbiter add-on for a fully working Warzone vehicle.

Any way, probably just look at using orbiter just to provide the eye-candy from orbit, then edit in the sats....

Finally, can we change the look of the NASDA sats? They never really looked realistic to me - a real combat satellite would look... normal, but with plates of spaced armour, and most likely a gleaming silver anti-laser coating. Plus the power requirements of the lasers, blah, blah, blah.

Just read 'Silver Tower' by Dale Brown and play with orbiter for a bit, and you should understand.

Right, tha's enough rambling, i've got some Calculus (groan) work to do. Catch ya later
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox