Linux Flatpak - Where do I place maps/addons?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
k4ever
Greenhorn

Linux Flatpak - Where do I place maps/addons?

Post by k4ever »

I installed the flatpak version of Warzone 2100 version 3.4.1 on Debian Linux. Where do I install my maps and other addons? I can't find the right folder(s)...
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Re: Linux Flatpak - Where do I place maps/addons?

Post by Counter Back »

You must to check this folder location:
/home/your_user_name/.local/share/warzone2100-(your_wz_version)/

For place mods in folder mods/autoload and for maps in maps/

That's is the location, in Linux based In Debian, if not found, use ctrl+h to show hidden folder and keep search :wink: .
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
k4ever
Greenhorn

Post by k4ever »

Counter Back, your answer was wrong. This is a Flatpak install and not a standard (distro packaged) Linux install. There is no "/home/your_user_name/.local/share/warzone2100-(your_wz_version)/" folder.

After playing around creating folders and placing mods/maps in them, I found that the correct folders are: /home/your_user_name/.local/share/flatpak/app/net.wz2100.wz2100/current/active/files/share/warzone2100/maps/

and

/home/your_user_name/.local/share/flatpak/app/net.wz2100.wz2100/current/active/files/share/warzone2100/mods/autoload/

If the folders don't exist, you have to create them.
k4ever
Greenhorn

Post by k4ever »

Ok, scratch what I wrote above. It worked great for mods, but did not work for maps. I really wish the Warzone2100 flatpak developers would post something telling us where to put these files. It is definitely not apparent...
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

So What I can Help when you in flatpak but I am not in, just say in ubuntu 20.04 and often in ubuntu-mate DE and using the deb package, I don't know about flatpak just know the name. :(
But, you know, it still in .local/share rigth?
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
Artos
New user

Post by Artos »

I have the Warzone 2100 version 3.4.1 installed as a Flatpack on Linux Mint 20. On my computer the maps, mods and savegames folders are located at the following path : home/(your user name here)/.var/app/net.wz2100.wz2100/data/warzone 2100-3.4.0. Not sure if your install would be the same, but this might point you in the right direction,

Hope this helps