my first attemp of a map

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
pfollas2
Greenhorn

my first attemp of a map

Post by pfollas2 »

Hello
I am a huge fan of your work here (Thank you warzone community), I was playing warzone 2100 since Playstation, and I am still playing it.

I have created a map...(my first attempt in public)
CC BY-SA 3.0 + GPL v2+ this is the license of it.
I liked Rush map, so I created a simple version for 10 users.
looking forward your comments.
10c-desertfor10.wz
(12.62 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Re: my first attemp of a map

Post by Counter Back »

pfollas2 wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 13:40 Hello
I am a huge fan of your work here (Thank you warzone community), I was playing warzone 2100 since Playstation, and I am still playing it.

I have created a map...(my first attempt in public)
CC BY-SA 3.0 + GPL v2+ this is the license of it.
I liked Rush map, so I created a simple version for 10 users.
looking forward your comments.
10c-desertfor10.wz
what did you use to make this map, FlaME or SharpFlaME or other ? i just want to know what people are using to create map now :D .
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
pfollas2
Greenhorn

Post by pfollas2 »

Flame, on windows. SharpFlame I haven't seen it. Is it easier?
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

pfollas2 wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 14:33 Flame, on windows. SharpFlame I haven't seen it. Is it easier?
I don't know it easier or not, but maybe have more features :hmm: ? I never Try it because I have upgrade my ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04, in ubuntu 20.04 I can't install with apt any mono v4.x :( .

you can see the SharpFlaME topic here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11536 and the repository here https://github.com/bchavez/SharpFlame , tell me what is the difference in SharpFlaME, and maybe create a map then upload to this topic :) .

I use FlaME too, because it can run with higher mono version :)
Last edited by Counter Back on 25 Aug 2020, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Hello, I just tried that map in single player. Not bad for a first try. However I think you should try to shorten the wheel distance between bases to about 100 seconds (you are now at about 200 seconds). here is some reasons why it's important.

1-Unit production : imagine that one player is ahead, we WON his army is much bigger then the enemy units, so he launch the final attack but it takes over 3 minutes to reach the enemy base and by that time he have an extra full army ready to defend :augh:

2-Research upgrade : Same goes for research, we have a new component every 5 minutes or so, by the time you build a big army and more then to the other side, it's already obsolete. It push the players to hide in the base and focus on research forever.

3-Propulsion imbalance : To compensate the long distance time, players will tend to use wheels or hovers more. But some weapon are stronger against some propulsion, or stronger with some. Rockets for exemple are bad against hovers. On a more competitive level, it's possible your map degenerate into flamers vs flamers in every single game.

4-Ignorance of impending doom : it may take 20 minutes for the player in one corner to learn about the quick death of another player on the map. Someone may have a 25% power advantage, you may play another 15 minutes unaware of it, but once you realize it's too late and it's a steam roll.

It's possible that you try to make longer games on purpose, but it's not the good way to do this. Because the winning player doesnt really have more challenge or more chance to fail, he's will just make the losing side suffer a slow death over 20 extra minutes.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

Iluvalar wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 02:58 Hello, I just tried that map in single player. Not bad for a first try. However I think you should try to shorten the wheel distance between bases to about 100 seconds (you are now at about 200 seconds). here is some reasons why it's important.

1-Unit production : imagine that one player is ahead, we WON his army is much bigger then the enemy units, so he launch the final attack but it takes over 3 minutes to reach the enemy base and by that time he have an extra full army ready to defend :augh:

2-Research upgrade : Same goes for research, we have a new component every 5 minutes or so, by the time you build a big army and more then to the other side, it's already obsolete. It push the players to hide in the base and focus on research forever.

3-Propulsion imbalance : To compensate the long distance time, players will tend to use wheels or hovers more. But some weapon are stronger against some propulsion, or stronger with some. Rockets for exemple are bad against hovers. On a more competitive level, it's possible your map degenerate into flamers vs flamers in every single game.

4-Ignorance of impending doom : it may take 20 minutes for the player in one corner to learn about the quick death of another player on the map. Someone may have a 25% power advantage, you may play another 15 minutes unaware of it, but once you realize it's too late and it's a steam roll.

It's possible that you try to make longer games on purpose, but it's not the good way to do this. Because the winning player doesnt really have more challenge or more chance to fail, he's will just make the losing side suffer a slow death over 20 extra minutes.
I know what you mean, 1. the base range with other base enemy is so far
2. (are you have -power while play?)
3. because the base range with other base enemy is so far, that mean you use hover but the enemy use rocket
4. the power is low maybe
pfollas2
Greenhorn

Post by pfollas2 »

Counter Back wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 02:16
pfollas2 wrote: 24 Aug 2020, 14:33 Flame, on windows. SharpFlame I haven't seen it. Is it easier?
I don't know it easier or not, but maybe have more features :hmm: ? I never Try it because I have upgrade my ubuntu 18.04 to 20.04, in ubuntu 20.04 I can't install with apt any mono v4.x :( .

you can see the SharpFlaME topic here viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11536 and the repository here https://github.com/bchavez/SharpFlame , tell me what is the difference in SharpFlaME, and maybe create a map then upload to this topic :) .

I use FlaME too, because it can run with higher mono version :)
ok I will look BUT not now. ubuntu linux :) . I had flame from my ubuntu this is why I installed on windows ( because I had some experience with it).
pfollas2
Greenhorn

Post by pfollas2 »

Iluvalar wrote: 25 Aug 2020, 02:58 Hello, I just tried that map in single player. Not bad for a first try. However I think you should try to shorten the wheel distance between bases to about 100 seconds (you are now at about 200 seconds). here is some reasons why it's important.

I did not know that you count the level with seconds. :hmm: thanks for the comments. I will look at them carefully.