FKmod 0.2.0-beta: Portable Windows Installer

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

FKmod 0.2.0-beta: Portable Windows Installer

Post by Kreuvf »

Warzone 2100 FKmod 0.2.0-beta

This release identical to the 0.1.0-beta release, but this time we prepared a Portable Windows Installer for all you Windows folks out there. :)

When trying multiplayer, be aware that there is no working lobby server, you must use IP addresses.

Download
New to FKmod?
See the FKmod 0.1.0-beta announcement for answers to most of your questions.

Your Feedback

We are still in beta. Although we think we thoroughly tested everything, surely there will crop up issues with people testing this mod other than its authors ^^ If you are testing the mod and encounter issues (especially crashes), please open new issues on GitHub. We will try to get back to your (general) feedback here as well.

Generally, please be patient, we cannot offer immediate support ;)
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Re: FKmod 0.2.0-beta: Portable Windows Installer

Post by JimmyJack »

Umm. I don't need or want a membership with gethub so I'll just put it out there. The game locks up every time I play it with AIs. In debug mode, out of debug mode, 2 player, 8 player, with/without stacking other mods.

It runs fine until my units and the AI's units start to fight then the game locks with the first shot fired.

I have played 8 or 10 games. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. I have deleted and redownloaded the .exe file. It is always the same the game locks up with the first unit to unit fighting.
Transmission ends ...
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

JimmyJack wrote: 10 Feb 2020, 08:05 [...] The game locks up every time I play it with AIs. In debug mode, out of debug mode, 2 player, 8 player, with/without stacking other mods.

It runs fine until my units and the AI's units start to fight then the game locks with the first shot fired.

I have played 8 or 10 games. I have deleted and reinstalled the game. I have deleted and redownloaded the .exe file. It is always the same the game locks up with the first unit to unit fighting.
That sounds way off. There are no mods for FKmod to the best of our knowledge. Also, we tried, but could not reproduce this. We need way more details on what exactly you did to get this result:
  • Operating system
  • What did your installation procedure look like?
  • Where did you install FKmod 0.2.0-beta (which directory/path on your computer)?
  • Are you sure you started the mod?
  • What is the name of the AI you used?
  • When researching the Machine Gun, what does the text on the intelligence display say about the research?
The mod, albeit the name, is a completely self-sustained version of the original Warzone 2100. You cannot mix stuff from the mod with the original game or vice versa. Crashes/Lock-ups are to be expected.
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Kreuvf wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:52 That sounds way off. There are no mods for FKmod to the best of our knowledge. Also, we tried, but could not reproduce this. We need way more details on what exactly you did to get this result:
The mods that did run with FKmod was some of Berg's small mods like propulsion.wz and my own Crayonic.wz that also ran until the first tank to tank fighting but I also ran the game without any other mods with the same result.

As to the list you asked about.

1st, Operating system.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A6-9225 RADEON R4, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3981 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R4 Graphics, 80 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (882 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP, 863C
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2nd & 3rd, Installation procedure.

Same as always. I clicked on warzone2100_fkmod-0.2.0-beta_portable.exe and it ran an installer. I ran it right from the downloads folder and the installer chose to install it into that (downloads) folder, I saw no reason to change it. So downloads folder it is.

4th, Am I sure I started the mod.

I clicked on warzone2100_fkmode_portable.exe file found inside the downloads/Warzone 2100 FKmod_portable-0.2.0-beta folder. It opened the standard Warzone 2100 main menu. there was nothing to indicate that the fkmod was running. However, the auto map that came up first was a 2 player map called Roughness.

4th, What was the name of the AI I used?

FK AI

5th, When researching the Machine Gun, what does the text on the intelligence display say about the research?

When the game starts, the only machine gun research there is the machine gun cyborg.

Edit ....

I still don't know what the problem is but it seems to be working itself out. I played 3 more games and this time only one game crashed. And yes I ran the http://addons.wz2100.net/198 propulsion mod with one of the games that did not crash. Only difference that I can see was all the other crashes was on the 8 player SandCastles map. The 3 games I played today were on 2 player maps.
Transmission ends ...
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

JimmyJack wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 00:00
Kreuvf wrote: 22 Feb 2020, 19:52 That sounds way off. There are no mods for FKmod to the best of our knowledge. Also, we tried, but could not reproduce this. We need way more details on what exactly you did to get this result:
The mods that did run with FKmod was some of Berg's small mods like propulsion.wz and my own Crayonic.wz that also ran until the first tank to tank fighting but I also ran the game without any other mods with the same result.
Okay, there are obviously mods working with FKmod :D On the other hand, we cannot support any of these and all bugs reported must be with unmodified FKmod (as you already did, which is fine).

JimmyJack wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 00:00 As to the list you asked about.

1st, Operating system.

[...]

2nd & 3rd, Installation procedure.

[...]

4th, Am I sure I started the mod.

[...]

4th, What was the name of the AI I used?

[...]

5th, When researching the Machine Gun, what does the text on the intelligence display say about the research?

[...]
Okay, it looks like you are really running FKmod :)

JimmyJack wrote: 25 Feb 2020, 00:00 Edit ....

I still don't know what the problem is but it seems to be working itself out. I played 3 more games and this time only one game crashed. And yes I ran the http://addons.wz2100.net/198 propulsion mod with one of the games that did not crash. Only difference that I can see was all the other crashes was on the 8 player SandCastles map. The 3 games I played today were on 2 player maps.
Great find, amazing work. I could verify the crash with my self-compiled Linux version. Follow up coming ~next week.

Thank you very much.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

Kreuvf wrote: 28 Feb 2020, 20:36 Great find, amazing work. I could verify the crash with my self-compiled Linux version. Follow up coming ~next week.
Here is the follow-up: We could verify the crash and found the possible cause. We were able to fix the underlying issue. To ensure that it's really fixed, we will have to test it next week. If everything's working out as we expect there should be FKmod 0.3.0-beta out next week.

Thank you again for your thorough testing :)
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Before I Switch To Windows. How Can I Set Up FKmod For Ubuntu 18.04.3?
I Have Even Installed The Dependencies For 3.2.3 As Suggested But Still No Qt 5 According To The "sudo ./configure"
I Have Already Downloaded A 3.2.3 Tarball File, And Cloned The FKmod Repository.
Kreuvf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Kreuvf »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote: 07 Mar 2020, 19:37 Before I Switch To Windows. How Can I Set Up FKmod For Ubuntu 18.04.3?
I Have Even Installed The Dependencies For 3.2.3 As Suggested But Still No Qt 5 According To The "sudo ./configure"
I Have Already Downloaded A 3.2.3 Tarball File, And Cloned The FKmod Repository.
Could you open an issue for this on our GitHub repository? I suspect this might take some posts back and forth.