Map database

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Prot
Trained
Trained

Map database

Post by Prot »

I wrote an engine for the map database.
The interface translated both Russian and English languages.
https://wz2100.euphobos.ru/maps/
The engine parses the map, converts whole map to JSON and stores it in pgsql as jsonb
This allows on the fly to apply filters and various additives to the map.
For example, add observer slots to the map when it is loaded, or randomly rotate all the trees on the map, so that they do not look like one, turned strictly to the North, etc.
After accepting the changes, the map is converted back to blob, added to zip and given to download, all this takes a couple of seconds, given that the server I have is very weak, running on a single-Board computer under the arm processor.

Given that at the moment addons.wz2100.net upload is not working, I think my map database may be not a bad competition for sorting and storing maps.
At the moment, sorting, searching by map name or author, generating a preview image on the fly, adding observers are already working.
Ideas: Add transtexturing (Arizona --> Rocky), automatic pack mods, add completely new textures to the old maps, start autohosting directly with the map database.

To upload maps in a database that currently require you to log in via a social network vk.com

I want to listen any suggestions and ideas.

PS: And also, there is a secret section of on the fly generation of new symmetical maps for 4 players.
sttn_ern
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Map database

Post by sttn_ern »

what if you don't have a phone to sign up. I don't use them!
When I need to talk to anyone I go see them.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

First of all, I would like to clarify that there is no registration on my portal. However, to secure my server, I was forced to authorize people who want to upload files to the server, or just somehow to set some limits.
But since I did not plan to register, and authorization is simply necessary, I decided to use the authorization of a fairly popular in the Russian-speaking segment (and not only) social network "VK".
Therefore, to upload files to the server, you must be registered in the "VK", and not on my portal.

I also wanted to add that I don't get any information from VK, I don't see a phone, I don't see an e-mail, I just ask VK: "is a person Authorized?", and I get a true or false response, then get simplyfied avatar/nickname and thats all.
So you don't have to worry about me seeing someone's phone. No, the VK social network will see it, not my server.
My server does not store any private personal data. Only information related to games and maps.
Since the storage of personal data concerns a separate topic of the laws of the Russian Federation. And I don't want to mess with it.

The only thing that can be done is to send the maps files to me by e-mail on "prot (аt) euphobos.ru", or to someone who is already registered in the VK, so that they can upload the maps.
Alternatively, I can explore the issue using authorization, for example, from FaceBook or Google. How friendly these services are for authorization on other sites-I have not yet studied.
sttn_ern wrote: 30 Jan 2020, 02:48 what if you don't have a phone to sign up. I don't use them!
When I need to talk to anyone I go see them.
sttn_ern
Rookie
Rookie

Post by sttn_ern »

Ulteamatum
Greenhorn

Post by Ulteamatum »

Idea seems to be fair.

However, concerning VK massive fingerprinting and relationship too close to Ru gov. guard dogs, touching their network territory, It's a bit risky, like to "put your hand through the fire".

Yes, there are solutions to avoid all those cons. Or you simply don't care about it.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Ulteamatum wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 00:28 Idea seems to be fair.

However, concerning VK massive fingerprinting and relationship too close to Ru gov. guard dogs, touching their network territory, It's a bit risky, like to "put your hand through the fire".

Yes, there are solutions to avoid all those cons. Or you simply don't care about it.
I don't like to use other people's work of code in my own projects, so I try to do everything myself. In terms of the map database, I'm just too lazy to make my own authorization algorithm yet. Therefore, I used the most popular and easy-to-log-in service from the ru-community, VK. Especially at the time when I started making a map database "for my narrow circle of people", the main database of maps and mods on this resource worked well.
It doesn't work here right now, so my database is a little out of the narrow circle of acquaintances. But so far, I don't see any reason to do authorize algorythm on my resource, and at the same time, i really need to restrict access to uncontrolled map uploads on server.
Even on this resource, despite the presence of authorization, there was moderation before publication.
Perhaps if the administration of this resource gave me access to the authorization of people from this site, I would be happy to use this authorization. It would be logical, people who are authorized here could upload maps on my resource as well.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

New in the map database: now you can "back" convert JSON->BJO maps to open in FlaME editor.
Just select "for FlaME" in the drop-down menu near "Download" buttons, the map will be saved with the ending in the file name "*_blob.wz".
You can even convert classic-built-in maps from the game.
map_database.png