what file do i download new maps into on mac?

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
TSCxNightmare
Greenhorn

what file do i download new maps into on mac?

Post by TSCxNightmare »

Just downloaded the 3.3.0 beta which is compatible with macs. i'm really excited to start playing again since version 3.2 wasn't supported on macs. i haven't had any issue running the game or playing in online games so far but im trying to download maps and i can't figure out what file to download community made maps into for them to appear in game. I found a "maps" file in Recourses>data>mp>multiplay which holds all the default map files, but any new maps i add to it don't appear when i launch the game. i've looked around for any other files containing map info but haven't found one yet. not great with computers but i love the game so if anyone could help out that would be great. Thanks in advance
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: what file do i download new maps into on mac?

Post by Forgon »

TSCxNightmare wrote: 17 Apr 2019, 23:53 Just downloaded the 3.3.0 beta which is compatible with macs. i'm really excited to start playing again since version 3.2 wasn't supported on macs. i haven't had any issue running the game or playing in online games so far but im trying to download maps and i can't figure out what file to download community made maps into for them to appear in game. I found a "maps" file in Recourses>data>mp>multiplay which holds all the default map files, but any new maps i add to it don't appear when i launch the game. i've looked around for any other files containing map info but haven't found one yet. not great with computers but i love the game so if anyone could help out that would be great. Thanks in advance
The location of the configuration directory has changed in the latest Beta.

Our README.md file tells you how to find it:
Warzone directory under macOS

The directory

Code: Select all

Warzone 2100 <version>
can be found in your home-directory at:

Code: Select all

~/Library/Application Support/
By default, recent version of macOS hide your account's Library folder. To view it in
Finder, hold down the Option (⌥) key while clicking the Go menu, and your Library folder
will appear as a menu choice.