Alliance scripts for all skirmish

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Ingenioso
Greenhorn

Alliance scripts for all skirmish

Post by Ingenioso »

Hi Warzone fans,  I have attached my scripts which will give you those alliances with skirmish AI players which you have yearned for!  The files replace those in the \multiplay\skirmish directory,  the latest versions "general ai for skirmish game, Pumpkin Studios, alex lee.98/99" which you have already downloaded :D.  The playerx.slo files are all identical;  rules.slo is the only other modified file.  Once installed,  play any skirmish map.

Allying with an AI player automatically causes that AI player to ally with you.  AI players not allied with you ally with each other.  You can change alliances at any time (the script checks this every 10 seconds),  but the idea is meant for the human to choose the teams near the beginning of the game.  Also,  the AI players send units to help their allies in the same way as they send units to defend their own.

Known problems:
1) the AI players sometimes attack allies' walls;  remedy:  demolish/rebuild that wall section.
2) an AI team sent to attack a structure sometimes continues their mission if an alliance is made during their mission.

This is my first post,  so here is some relevant info about myself:

I first played Warzone 2100 on the Playstation1 (now I have it on my PC).
  I have written scenarios for Red Alert Yuri's Revenge (my pseudonym there is "Clever Boy");  Warzone2100 seems less bug-ridden for scripters.  I want to make something of the separate script file for each AI player.
Attachments
sk_alliance.zip
(79.01 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
Say NO to cyborgs!
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Re: Alliance scripts for all skirmish

Post by Hatsjoe »

welcome and thank you very much for the script!
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

Just thought this deserved a bump so more people could see it. It is a great mod, I recommend trying it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Ingenioso wrote: Hi Warzone fans, I have attached my scripts which will give you those alliances with skirmish AI players which you have yearned for! The files replace those in the \multiplay\skirmish directory, the latest versions "general ai for skirmish game, Pumpkin Studios, alex lee.98/99" which you have already downloaded :D. The playerx.slo files are all identical; rules.slo is the only other modified file. Once installed, play any skirmish map.
Not to put a damper on your work, but,
Is there any reason why you don't just pick the starting teams out in the map selection? The numbers 0-7 are team numbers, and you can have the AI all be on the same team, or whatever you want.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Well, changing alliance at any time is new.
shishkebab
Trained
Trained

Post by shishkebab »

Not to put a damper on your work, but,
Is there any reason why you don't just pick the starting teams out in the map selection? The numbers 0-7 are team numbers, and you can have the AI all be on the same team, or whatever you want.
The mod allows you to change alliances at any time, with any amount of AIs you want, and as much as you want instead of if you ally and un-ally too many time normally the AI will not ally with you anymore. This also lets you ally with an unlimited amount of AIs instead of 1 or 2.