Enhanced Balance Mod for 3.x

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Prot
Trained
Trained

Re: Enhanced Balance Mod for 3.x

Post by Prot »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
MIH-XTC wrote: Can one of the devs make the change
Forgon made the necessary changes in the latest commit cef6b6a5a570bb3d26e8fff60377b2706aec80a6.
Hmm, I thought there is not so simple, if you look at https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... c/design.h
lines 110 and 111
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Forgon made the necessary changes in the latest commit cef6b6a5a570bb3d26e8fff60377b2706aec80a6.
Yep, thanks. I asked him in IRC.

I noticed Nullbot is the default AI now, but autogame doesn't work. (cheat on, autogame on).

Actually I just realized "autogame on" is a Nexus.slo thing, it's the very last thing in the file... I thought that was somewhere in source.

We'll need to make an autogame for Nullbot. Autogame is very useful for simulating games with even teams, otherwise one team has an idle player or simulations are constrained to maps with observer positions.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Prot wrote:
Berserk Cyborg wrote:
Hmm, I thought there is not so simple, if you look at https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... c/design.h
lines 110 and 111
This needs to be investigated, along with Cyp's suggestion for ticket #4677.
Consequently, I undid my patch.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Forgon wrote:
Prot wrote:
Berserk Cyborg wrote:
lines 110 and 111
This needs to be investigated, along with Cyp's suggestion for ticket #4677.
Consequently, I undid my patch.
You're right, I forgot about that. I meant to check if it was necessary to extend that range beyond 200. (I thought this was weird way of defining ranges when I first saw it).

I'm able to build and select things from build/design menu's without problem but research menu causes crash in T1 (mod only) probably because of that.

I think maybe IDDES_COMPEND 5699 can go --> 5899 but that is still only 399 components.

IDDES_EXTRASYSSTART - END can be 5900 --> 5949 and the rest 5950, 5951 etc..

Maybe this will need to get backed out then. 6000 ID range begins in intelmap.h
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

With the scavs, the game crashes when you try to make js_makeComponentAvailable() with A0ResourceExtractorMG to player 7 (scavs).
Maybe it helps..
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

MIH-XTC wrote:
Forgon wrote:
You're right, I forgot about that. I meant to check if it was necessary to extend that range beyond 200. (I thought this was weird way of defining ranges when I first saw it).

I'm able to build and select things from build/design menu's without problem but research menu causes crash in T1 (mod only) probably because of that.

I think maybe IDDES_COMPEND 5699 can go --> 5899 but that is still only 399 components.

IDDES_EXTRASYSSTART - END can be 5900 --> 5949 and the rest 5950, 5951 etc..

Maybe this will need to get backed out then. 6000 ID range begins in intelmap.h
There's still some room between 1000000 and 2637000, and between 2637099 and 16205000, and between 16205999 and 4294967295. So IDDES_COMPSTART → 5500000 and IDDES_COMPEND → 5699999 would be enough for 200000 components, which might be enough for now.

As far as I remember, widgets don't actually need to have IDs anymore, though – just for old code.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Cyp wrote: Haven't tested, but I'd guess that uint8_t asParts[DROID_MAXCOMP]; should maybe be changed, too.

I think int8_t numWeaps; didn't need to be int16_t, although an unsigned type would make more sense.

Changing uint8_t asWeaps[MAX_WEAPONS]; to uint32_t instead of uint16_t might save a few bytes over the network (not that it matters), since small uint32_t values are sent as single bytes.
Are you saying that uint32_t would be better than uint16_t , and less bytes? And those int rewrite as uint ?
Hmm.
I can prepare a final patch with all the changes that we discussed in this thread. To test and then create a pull request.. :roll:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Prot wrote:
Cyp wrote:
Are you saying that uint32_t would be better than uint16_t , and less bytes? And those int rewrite as uint ?
Hmm.
I can prepare a final patch with all the changes that we discussed in this thread. To test and then create a pull request.. :roll:
Yes, slightly better, since it would then handle more than 65536 turrets if needed, and be more consistent with weapondef.h, and be very slightly less bytes over the net on average. (u)int8_t is 1 byte, (u)int16_t is 2 bytes, and (u)int32_t is sent as 1-5 bytes depending on the value. Then it goes through gzip before being sent, so the numbers end up unpredictably different, anyway.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Prot wrote:With the scavs, the game crashes when you try to make js_makeComponentAvailable() with A0ResourceExtractorMG to player 7 (scavs).
Maybe it helps..

That has been fixed, A0ResourceExtractorMG has been removed from scavs.

Let me know how the scavs are and if they're not ultimate enough or too hard (I don't know how they were in 3.1.5). The cranes are my favorite models in WZ, they make the game so much better.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Alrighty I'm about 90% finished with making stats for the AR and Contingency structure models. For a long time I was contemplating how to make stats for all of the different models without making things too confusing but I think I finally have a scheme. It was a lot of work but well worth it because it’s a major improvement in how defense fits into the balance…

The biggest differences are that hardcrete, supercrete, plascrete, reinforced plascrete and plasteel each have their own models and I also rescaled all of the structure heights so now there are taller structures 😊 I used Excel to uniformly change the Z coordinate of the polygons in the .pie models without actually looking at the model (notepad). This means that towers are now truly towers and some other things became taller as necessary. The Plasteel and Sky towers are from Art Rev.

Also made sure certain things were uniform:
Rockets get towers and emplacements
MGs get bunkers and towers
Cannons get hardpoints and bunkers
Mortars get pits
Flamers get jammer enabled bunkers (1 tile jammer radius, the structure model is uniquely identifiable)

So I created all of the necessary turret/structure model combinations and then eliminated the excess ones from Contingency that didn’t make sense or were too redundant. I'm still in the process of finishing this step but am taking a pause/break here.

I added all of this into the tech tree and re-did the wall upgrades.

This was a huge step in finishing this mod. I still need to make stats for the extra mortar, laser, rail, missile, howitzer turrets and then I’ll be close to having something balanced.

Download link is here
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Wow.. I definitely need to play it.. But still busy for now.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Another screenshot, AI simulation game playing with mech cyborg

Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Now i played well with scavs ^^ nice work

UPD:
MIH-XTC wrote:when using alt+a with debug mode (unlock everything) the menus are maxed out. The build menu and weapon design menus do not display all of the structures/weapons which makes it harder to test things. The research menu is not too concerning.
The fix is updating 2 constants
Line 72 design.cpp MAX_SYSTEM_COMPONENTS 128 -->512
Line 222 hci.h MAXSTRUCTURES 200 -->512
Can one of the devs make the change or must I use some of those non-intuitive git commands to communicate this :augh:
Actually i not see the problem. Lastest master works fine and displays all menus. No crash found :roll:
https://youtu.be/JnZwx6IkJmI
Last edited by Prot on 06 Feb 2018, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Oh.. now i see the problem, and i think i fix it.
https://youtu.be/Jay_t29ZyXo
now more guns than before
Please check someone.
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/pull/114
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Prot wrote: Please check someone.
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100/pull/114
Merged (if nobody noticed yet). No more turret problems that I can see.