Calculus Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Calculus Maps

Post by MIH-XTC »

This is my 5th map and I think my best one yet. It's called HardAsHell and it uses a custom tile set that I made. It's supposed to be a remake of hell. It took about 40 hours to make because this is my first time creating my own textures and there was a huge learning curve. Similar to the complications map posted above, this map is supposed to be played 2v2v2v2v2, T1, no base. This map also has no limits so that players can stay competitive if their ally disconnects or quits.

Attachments
10c-HardAsHell.wz
GPL 2+ license
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 545 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

By the way, does anyone know how to make the scavs start with upgrades? All of the scavs I'm placing seem to do hardly any damage.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Give them better emplacements.
Ground shakers hehehe.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

MIH-XTC wrote:By the way, does anyone know how to make the scavs start with upgrades? All of the scavs I'm placing seem to do hardly any damage.
You can use scripts for that...
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

vexed wrote:
MIH-XTC wrote:By the way, does anyone know how to make the scavs start with upgrades? All of the scavs I'm placing seem to do hardly any damage.
You can use scripts for that...

Yep, Berg let me know in IRC to take a look at the DA maps. I always thought the scavs in DA maps were normal because I'm so used to playing them and that the scavs I'm placing were unusually weak for some reason. Now I know what I thought was normal was not actually normal. I'll take a look a the DA maps to see how it's done. Thanks :)
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Another 10 player custom tile set map. This map is called cliffhanger, the movie helped shaped the design. This is a rocky mountains map, I know they aren't as popular as Arizona. This map is intended to be played 2v2v2v2v2, FFA or 5v5 T1.

Attachments
10c-Cliffhanger.wz
GPL 2+ License
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 512 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Another 10 player custom tile set map, this time with a lunar (moon) space based theme. The tile set comes via courtesy of Philip Klevestav, his website can be found here http://www.philipk.net/index.html. A .txt file is in the map that gives credit. I made modifications to the tiles (namely right angle corners) which initially took a while to figure out how to do in previous maps but I can make them easily now.

The moon terrains are not very useful because they appear too "tiled" (edges don't line up) but I didn't want to spend any more time on improving them.

The architectural style in this map as well as a few previous maps (Complications and AuroraNTW) uses NoQ's layout for the bases that I originally found in the Aurora tile set. I emulate what I like :)

I only played this map once (a few minutes ago actually) and it plays fairly decent. I honestly don't care to play my maps, I enjoy making maps and tile sets more than I do playing wz lol. I used ClassicNTW as a reference point (length x width of tiles) to emulate that type of game play. Because I have hills, I'm able to place the bases closer but the overall distance (factoring in height) should be roughly the same as ClassicNTW. This will be my last map for awhile, I start grad. school on Thursday and will be busy until December.

Attachments
10c-LunarNTW.wz
GPL+ 2.0 License (free to redistribute)
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 467 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

See attached for version 2 of all maps. Appearance wise they are the same but game play is more balanced. They're all intended to be played with bases on. I really like how 8 - 16 oil maps play when starting off with just generators and some oils to fight for in between the bases. All mods have been removed except for tile sets.

Map Name Players Type Oils Size
CA-Volleyball 8 4v4 12 +/- 2 70x95
CA-AuroraVTOL 10 5v5 56 +/- 0 220x250
CA-AuroraNTW 6 3v3 52 +/- 0 110x212
CA-Complications 10 2v2v2v2v2 10 +/-2 166x132
CA-HardAsHell 10 2v2v2v2v2 11 +/- 2 156x138
CA-Cliffhanger 10 5v5, 2v2v2v2v2, FFA 8 +/- 4 146x162
CA-LunarNTW 10 5v5 12 +/- 2 104x110
Attachments
10c-CA-Complications.wz
GPL 2+ License
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 349 times
10c-CA-HardAsHell.wz
GPL 2+ License
(2.73 MiB) Downloaded 355 times
10c-CA-CliffHanger.wz
GPL 2+ License
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 334 times
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 18 Jan 2016, 03:33, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

More attachments...
Attachments
10c-CA-AuroraVTOL.wz
GPL 2+ License
(629.66 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
10c-CA-LunarNTW.wz
GPL 2+ License
(2.18 MiB) Downloaded 360 times
6c-CA-AuroraNTW.wz
GPL 2+ License
(560.48 KiB) Downloaded 367 times
Last edited by MIH-XTC on 18 Jan 2016, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

One final attachment.
Attachments
8c-CA-VolleyBall.wz
GPL 2+ License
(34.05 KiB) Downloaded 375 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I haven't had much time to do WZ related stuff because of grad school but I just finished a map to showcase the EB mod I'm working on. EB is Enhanced Balance meaning I modified all of the unit stats for what I think is improved game play. I tried to incorporate as many features as I could in this map. Here are the highlights:

- Aesthetics, nice and natural looking terrain (custom tile set)
- Both low oil (early game) and high oil (middle game) game play
- Oil gathering
- Both flat map and hills
- Early scavenger rush
- Designed to be a hybrid of NTW game play with traditional game play.

I stole the idea of starting off with a sensor unit from another recent thread, it's a good idea, especially on maps that players need to play a few times before they are familiarized with the map.

The map is 220x220 tiles, 4v4 with each player starting off with 14 oils in their base. Each player can achieve a max of 33 oils although it's highly unlikely, some players will get 40 oils and others maybe 20, you have to fight for them. Designed to be played with scavs on, no bases.

So here it is, I hope it makes for interesting game play. No two games should be the same on this map, the strategy employed should be a dice roll every time, no telling what can happen.

Map Card

Attachments
8c-CA-Hell-EB.wz
GPL 2 License, Contains EB Mod
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 377 times
BrickTop
Trained
Trained

Post by BrickTop »

Hi i was try out LunarNTW and its a great idea to transport Warzone to the Moon.So we can have a new starwars episode,if someone would create a new campain.Its looking really nice and give us a new atmosphere.
Thx for your maps.They are all very good.
Bye.
http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/
Secure communication for everyone.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

3v3 and 5v5 versions of CA-Hell-EB

Attachments
6c-CA-Hell-EB3v3.wz
GPL 2+
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 345 times
10c-CA-Hell-EB5v5.wz
GPL 2+
(1.49 MiB) Downloaded 368 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Another map, just another version of lunar map with EB mod and some modifications to map.

Again, I tried to incorporate oil gathering and some obstacles into the game play but players only want to play flat maps with all oils in their base. It's really lame, I can't play that type of game anymore because it's too mundane. I can't get players to play anything other than flat maps with all of the oil in their base. As soon as players glance at the map card they leave because it appears too messy for them.

And yet I see some other players hosting maps with like 100+ oils and 30 generators and all kinds of crazy modifications to stats but they still play it because it's flat and they don't have to look for oil....

Attachments
10c-CA-Lunar-EB5v5.wz
GPL 2+ License
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 335 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

I improved the 10 player hell map by adding more hills and adjusting the scavengers. The terrain makes for interesting game play. Call it Diablo.

6 oils in the base with as many as 15 per player outside the bases.

The map has a slight twist that you start off defending your base. The scavs will attack you about 3 - 5 minutes into the game and are tough to beat. The scavs attack all players equally as soon as anyone makes contact with them.

Also contains 3.1.5 EB mod from 6 months ago.

Attachments
10c-CA-Diablo.wz
(1.78 MiB) Downloaded 282 times