[Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: [Campaign 4] Release & Development topic

Post by Rman Virgil »

Good to see someone else sharing their play experience. Helpful all the way around. The more the better. :)

Even seeing the same anomaly come up with the hero engineer was helpful. And not just that there's a solution. When I first experienced it, it was just a conundrum in search of a remedy. In reading Anillaco_'s description of it something else entirely came to mind that I hadn't thought about before - Easter Eggs. ;) It also reminded me how, now and again, a bug can be your friend from the land of Serendip, where accidents and sagacity are joined at the hip. A less fanciful description would take in Adjacent Possible Theory and creativity. :hmm: But, I dare say with a straight face, that's enough suckling on my muse's teat. :lol2:
Galacticruler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Galacticruler »

My favorite music tracks are MDF and Recon, thanks for putting them up.

Also, a bit of feedback:
Is it possible to make a Nullbot itteration that focuses on weapon upgrades if in a team?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Galacticruler: i guess you missed the topic.
Anyway, on Nullbot: i didn't try to make weapon branch auto-detection because chat control (available on development versions of the game) sounds like a more sensible solution for the same problem.
Anillaco_
Greenhorn

Post by Anillaco_ »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Receiving a "Hero-Level Super Engineer" should NOT happen. I suggest you reinstall using stock 3.1 (including deleting all of the stuff in Your Documents/Warzone 2100 (etc etc) and reinstall from scratch. Something is amiss and that seemed to fix it for Rman.
OK, I will try that, but I have the FPS problem with the stock 3.1.0. Should I try a clean install with the master build instead?

Thank you and Rman Virgil for the replies :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

@ NoQ: He's not off-topic .. I put the music up on Soundcloud and forgot to post about it here in the thread. That's my own fault. Getting forgetful in my middle age :lol2:

I've toyed with the idea of having Nullbot run some operations for the AI during the Cam. That's down the road though -- I'm still working on the port to 3.2.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth, are you gonna be focusing your development from here on out within Master / v.3.2 ?

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Yes, that's the plan after the next release. No ETA yet. I'm taking a little break to address RL concerns that seem to always come up when least expected. Let's just say that I understand how Dr. Reed feels about humans sometimes. :lol2:
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

"Puny flesh...." Could be a Transhumanist mantra of sorts. Makes me wonder if the opportunity presented itself in RL. :hmm:

Ok, so one more release to v. 3.1.

I've yet to play with Master.
Duha
Trained
Trained

Post by Duha »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Yes, that's the plan after the next release. No ETA yet. I'm taking a little break to address RL concerns that seem to always come up when least expected. Let's just say that I understand how Dr. Reed feels about humans sometimes. :lol2:
I have made some patches for ini files to master, work still in progress. When you decide to port you ini files to master, contact me with PM.
http://addons.wz2100.net/ developer
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Awesome, thanks Duha. I admit that my own efforts went very very slowly. I've looked at some of the automated tools that are becoming available, but I couldn't make headway on using them properly.

Lots of changes in Master compared to 3.1 from a structural point of view. LOTS of them.
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

hey, have a small problem. i'm right at the start of the campaign, right after the first troop gets beamed away by nexus and you get your first base. my objective is in the left bottom corner, but i dont know what to do, cant scroll up the console to see, what was said about my objective. can you tell me what to do?, how to check on mission objective and if not possible how to sroll up the console to see what was said by the majors?

Greetings, deadworker.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Did you know that you can expand the console with "`" (more commonly called "~")?
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

And I'm back. :P

Yep, the tilde' key (~) right next to '1' will bring up the console.
manaze1
Rookie
Rookie

Post by manaze1 »

its not showing up i put the wz file in single player
deadworker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by deadworker »

well i found out that i lost the Sgt.-Tank, dont know his name anymore and he has to get to the green mission-point to expand the map. i think it isnt possible to revive him, so i restarted the game and let him stay in base, nice map though, love to build my stronghold there