Rethinking WZ GFX

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Serman
Trained
Trained

Re: Rethinking WZ GFX

Post by Serman »

Well, the oil derricks need to pump oil somehow, so obviously it needs to move.  ???

But you have a point, it is too noisy. However, may I suggest making a new oil derrick model, and one that pumps oil vertically, and only makes quiet hydraulic noises. something like this, which was taken from Half-Life 2, but is used there to make vibrations that keep underground predators away.
[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _Large.png][/img]

Also, to the Developers:

Please make the time interval between each steam release on the factories longer,
because, it's pretty annoying when the steam goes off every 2 seconds, combined with the annoying Power Generator electric sound, which also goes off every 2 seconds.

Increase it to something like a 10 second or a 15 second pause between each.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Please make the time interval between each steam release on the factories longer,
because, it's pretty annoying when the steam goes off every 2 seconds, combined with the annoying Power Generator electric sound, which also goes off every 2 seconds.
that's when you know you're spending too much time at base... attack something
GrimMoroe wrote: Actually the smoke stacks do have an interior, they are not caps at all I know that the darkness of the texture makes them look that way but nothing is final so I might change a lot really.
okay, cool
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

When you're in the campaign and the ennemy has only a tower left and you do researching and upgrading the base defenses meanwhile those sounds do get annoying after awhile.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

since there havent been any updates recently, I assume you're working on something that's meant to blow our minds.  :D
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Answer and off-topic discussion in "Regarding the fork".
Dizzi78
Greenhorn

Post by Dizzi78 »

This is a futuristic game. They don't suit the theme. Maybe add some colour somwhere and more of a blockly concrete feel. I think the architecture is a bit basic too. This is only my opinion. They do look good. However, I woudnt use them.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Dizzi78 wrote: This is a futuristic game. They don't suit the theme. Maybe add some colour somwhere and more of a blockly concrete feel. I think the architecture is a bit basic too. This is only my opinion. They do look good. However, I woudnt use them.
Well its a grim' s mod so > you will choose to turn on or off this mod.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Dizzi78 wrote: This is a futuristic game. They don't suit the theme. Maybe add some colour somwhere and more of a blockly concrete feel. I think the architecture is a bit basic too. This is only my opinion. They do look good. However, I woudnt use them.
Yes, I think the original models that came with the game (circa 1999) look much better.
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* Well Terminator is sorta half right (& btw, everything in this thread is hush-hush, so ... )

* This work is not a mod that will work with the WPR but you will always have a choice in what you choose to play with or not.

* Here let me tell a little story:

-------->>

* There was this quasi kwel young dude called Conan.

* Conan woke up early & hungry one Saturday after a long night playing Halo 3 at a LAN party.

* He went to the kitchen, pulled a gallon jug of milk from the fridge, set it on the table along with a spoon & bowl. Then Conan went to the cupboard to get his favorite cereal, Cocoa Puffs.

* When he picked-up the box he knew right away something was wrong & who did it.

* "WTF ! Jessie !", the box just had some puff crumbs & a wee bit of cocoa powder.

* Jessie was his kid brother & was always doing chit like that - with Pop Tarts too.

* "What the hell..." Everybody was still asleep, including his dweeb bro, so there was no point in whinning.

* Conan hopped on his skatboard & did some quasi kwel moves on his way to the local supermarket. He was suprised there were so many people shopping this early & mostly old too, like 30 something & chit. But WTF, an audience was an audience, so he did one of his quasi kwel dismounts just before the store entrance.

* Inside he made a beeline to the cereal shelves & found his Cocoa Puffs right off. But right next to them was a 2 for1 special on Cap 'n Crunch for the same price as one box of Cocoa Puffs. Now Cap 'n Crunch wasn't his beloved Cocoa Puffs but chit it was something ta think about a bit.

* While Conan was trying to make up his mind, Goth Girl started walking slowly down the aisle towards him obviously looking for something.

* Dang was she hot. "Love those  piercings & tatoos", he thought. And all in black, including fishnets & 3 inch heeled patent leater boots with hella chrome studs, her face maggot pale, a crimson slash for a mouth.

* "Yea baabby, " Conan whispered as she  came within a few feet of him.

* "SWEET !," she said all excited, reaching for 2 boxes of Cap 'n Crunch & then headed back to the cashier check-outs without having even noticed him.

* Conan turned back to the shelves and looked at Cap 'n Crunch in a slightly different light.

* "Hmmm," he said, and reached for a box of Cocoa Puffs.

---------->THE END<----------

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

;D...rotflmao... great story... too funny. ;D 
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

lav_coyote25 wrote: ;D...rotflmao... great story... too funny. ;D 
* Hehe.... thanks Lav, it crack me up too & I'm glad to know I'm not alone. :)

* Thing is I don't know were it came from. It just hit me of a piece like an epiphany or eureka moment.

* Also -I haven't  written any "Mini-Sagas" in months & this one brought back just how enjoyable & powerful the form can be like the prose equivalent of a Haiku.

* After re-reading it a dozen times it passes muster & is going into my ebook collection of mini-sagas. The "Conan" character I have a feeling will resurface, by & by,  in other mini-sagas... maybe with his little bro, jessie.

Cheers, RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
MasterDrow
New user

Post by MasterDrow »

Simply put I would add this mod/upgrade. I was actually thinking about doing this myself, but im lazy and probably don't have the programs for it. Anyway, glad that your doing it, hope to see the final version soon.
Rider
Trained
Trained

Post by Rider »

So it's been a few months.

Has anything been heard from this project since? On other websites maybe?
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

It looks like guys in Warzone 2200 Project decided to use these models for it.

http://www.warzone2200.com/modules/news/
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

doom3r wrote: It looks like guys in Warzone 2200 Project decided to use these models for it.

http://www.warzone2200.com/modules/news/
Perhaps because they are the same guys?
and it ends here.