TenguAI - map analysing, neural network using AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
FangContraption
New user

TenguAI - map analysing, neural network using AI

Post by FangContraption »

Hey hey people, I made a bot that analyses terrain, makes a graph and tries to use it to better navigate the map. It also has a neural network for choosing its general strategy.

It doesn't engage in diplomacy, so don't expect anything on this front.

If you experience increased loading times - this is perfectly fine. The analysis is intensive process. Please give each instance of the bot up to 5 seconds to do it properly.

Also do note that in its current state it's more of a proof of concept rather than a worthy opponent. Still I'd like to hear your thoughts and feedback on this.
TenguAI.wz
(69.06 KiB) Downloaded 340 times

Tested on 3.4.0, should work on any version after, and including, 3.3.0.
Last edited by FangContraption on 23 Aug 2020, 18:16, edited 1 time in total.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Re: TenguAI - map analysing, neural network using AI

Post by Counter Back »

New IA :) , I will try it
Last edited by Counter Back on 24 Aug 2020, 09:55, edited 2 times in total.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

this IA not works
The AI is not do anything after they build research facility

Sorry, I was late in responding it.
Attachments
wz2100-20200819_180126-Sk-Rush.png
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
FangContraption
New user

Post by FangContraption »

Thank you for testing, there is no such thing as 'being late' when reporting bugs and stuff. Would you please tell me what game settings you were using, specifically the tech level?

Also, from the screenshot i see it's very early into the game (1:41). What you experienced may very well be that the AI just decided to research a lot before doing anything else. One may argue that shouldn't happen, but still...
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

Counter Back wrote: 19 Aug 2020, 13:21 this IA not works
The AI is not do anything after they build research facility

Sorry, I was late in responding it.
FangContraption wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 18:12 Thank you for testing, there is no such thing as 'being late' when reporting bugs and stuff. Would you please tell me what game settings you were using, specifically the tech level?

Also, from the screenshot i see it's very early into the game (1:41). What you experienced may very well be that the AI just decided to research a lot before doing anything else. One may argue that shouldn't happen, but still...
This the information before report other bug:
- map = sk-rush
- loked team
- advanced base
- add scavenger
- level 1 technology
- power level high
- all AI difficulty is normal

other bug is:
there is not build any unit or truck and not capture any oil derrick, thats make The AI not have a power.

This the information:
- map = sk-rush
- loked team
- no base
- add scavenger
- level 1 technology
- power level high
- all AI difficulty is normal
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

FangContraption wrote: 16 Jul 2020, 19:54 Hey hey people, I made a bot that analyses terrain, makes a graph and tries to use it to better navigate the map. It also has a neural network for choosing its general strategy.

It doesn't engage in diplomacy, so don't expect anything on this front.

If you experience increased loading times - this is perfectly fine. The analysis is intensive process. Please give each instance of the bot up to 5 seconds to do it properly.

Also do note that in its current state it's more of a proof of concept rather than a worthy opponent. Still I'd like to hear your thoughts and feedback on this.

TenguAI.wz

Tested on 3.4.0, should work on any version after, and including, 3.3.0.
FangContraption wrote: 23 Aug 2020, 18:12 Thank you for testing, there is no such thing as 'being late' when reporting bugs and stuff. Would you please tell me what game settings you were using, specifically the tech level?

After you upload other file, then I download it, and its work :lol2: . I will try this AI with nullbot and bonecrusher :) .
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

here's a screenshot while I play, This is what TenguAI to NullbotAI1 did
wz2100-20200824_141915-Sk-Rush.png
the Nullbot1 almost lost :lol2: .

note:
- NullbotAI1 color is Orange,
- NullbotAI2 color is Black,
- TenguAI color is White.
- I not help The TenguAI
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

I have a question, is this AI attack when their enemy Attack their building or unit :hmm: ?

if that so, can you make them attack their enemys :( ?
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I made several attempts and TenguAI lost any single match against NullBot. For couriosity TenguAI does

- not build any defence structurs
- at some point does not produce trucks when all trucks are gone :)
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

After re-testing this AI, I know the AI attack if their enemy attacks their building or unit, and if not attacking or the enemy is not in their territory, the AI is just not do anything but the trucks that builds many vehicle factories, VTOL factories, and builds many defense structures, and makes many units but not build any cyborg factories :lol2: .
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

@FangContraption: I would like to get more infos about how TenguAI works. Can it be trained? Does it need several matches on the same map to improve? :)
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

It's doesn't need several matches on the same map to improve it, I just test it in simple map. now I active again in the game and want to play with this AI in other map.
OMalley
New user

Post by OMalley »

Made it play a few rounds against a few other bots 1v1 (Tengu vs Tengu, Ratbot vs Tengu and Nullbot vs Tengu), and there were a few things I noticed:

The bot mainly focused on the synaptic link data analysis research tree - which is an interesting concept. The only downside is it didn't research almost anything else. Aside from a few repair facility upgrades, VTOLs and a few light and medium body propulsions, I didn't see him research a single thing. Admittedly, this makes it a burden in team based games (which was proved in a 3v3 I spectated between the AI).

The bot had issues with finishing his base, it sent almost every truck across the map to gather oil derricks and didn't finish upgrading every facility. Though I must admit I'm not sure if this would happen in a normal 4v4 NTW battle, but I felt it was important to note that down.

The bot made a bunch of defense towers and hid his troops there, and didn't move even until under attack - seeing him attack was rare. (Once again - not sure if it's something with the map choice, but it happened inside his own base.)

That's all I could note down based on a few games, I know it's not a lot of data but the long wait time at the beginning of the game makes it unbearable to test it this way over and over again. Not sure if this remains only a concept or if this bot will be improved, but if so, I recommend checking out these flaws as they basically make the bot pointless.
iddi01
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iddi01 »

@FangContraption It's terrible to see an idea as great as this go to waste... :(
Apparently, the AI is not working like you expected. For a project as complex as this, you can expect tons of bugs, not only real bugs, but also "bugs" that will not cause problems but will greatly reduce the AI's power. and i bet there are hundreds of them that cause the behavior listed above.
I hope that programmers such as @Berserk_Cyborg can test this AI and fix the "bugs" and make it one of the most powerful AIs in WZ history.
The latest version is not the best. Some mods and AIs needs older versions.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I would really love to see a true self learning neural network AI for Warzone. I was already stunned by Troman's attempt with the AIvolution years ago which he stopped working on because of the negativity of the Kreuvf press or something, can not remember exactly. :(