MOD making app

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
amwarior132
Greenhorn

MOD making app

Post by amwarior132 »

hello, i was looking for a good warzone 2100 MOD making program.
I was looking for a program to make and design new wapens and other device, but i couldn't find something like that.
I really would like to have such an app, so poste what you have :)
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Re: MOD making app

Post by Bethrezen »

you don't actually need an app to make mods for warzone you need only extract the relevant file and then make the desired changes and then load said file as a mod although I suppose it depends on what you actual want to do.

if you are looking to make new maps or new models you will need an application for that although I can't remember the name of the program off the top of my head one of the other would be able tell you I'm sure.
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

if you want add new models, you could use any modeling software like blender or others. after you made the models, you export it to .obj then use WMIT to convert it to .pie(wz use it as the object models format).

for the settings like weapons damage and body and assets, you just need the game data, you find it as mp.wz(for multiplay and skirmish) and base.wz(the base and for campaign) extract it(both is a zip file .wz just the extension or something that i don't know).

function is using js and the settings use .json, you actually need text editor like Vim or Sublime Text for edit those settings and functions.

for making map, you could use FlaME or SharpFlame.

if you have other questions just ask. :wink:
sorry if you find weird or wrong words, english is not my native language.
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
amwarior132
Greenhorn

Post by amwarior132 »

but can i make with that model making app an weapon with other ways of fireing, and could i make an turet with an other property than the existing one's (like producing units, or make an shield)?
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

those models maker app just only for modeling the object, that's why i told you the settings(stats), the settings is in that game data for weapons go to stats then open weapons.json,

to make the weapon just shot the air units:

Code: Select all

"...": {
        "flags": "AirOnly",
     },
to make the weapon can shot the air units(still can shot the ground units):

"flags": "ShootAir",
     },
don’t add “flags” to make it only shot ground units

to make the weapon like artillery:

"weaponSubClass": "HOWITZERS",
    },
for structure, open structure.json:

"type": "FACTORY",
    },
for shield i don't know exactly what you mean, there is armor for body(armourheat, armourkinetic) and structure(armour)
body:

"armourHeat": 1,
        "armourKinetic": 3,
    },
structure:

"armour": 6,
    },
basically i just copy and paste from that original stats and try and then see what happen to know all those stats function but still, i don't know exactly what ever it is, XD
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
amwarior132
Greenhorn

Post by amwarior132 »

can i also add a category? (i would love it if i could make a tank that could produce units (also maybe extra slow, or only small units))