My router hates you WZ.

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Unit562
New user

My router hates you WZ.

Post by Unit562 »

Apparently some part of my internet hates WZ2100. Windows firewall is set to allow port 2100, and the game its self, my worthless brick of a Cisco E900 is set to allow port 2100 on both UDP and TCP. Still, no dice on playing multiplayer, even on LAN (which is what my 3 other roommates and I are trying to do, LAN games.) Then I tried looking into Avast and SpyBot: S&D, neither were blocking the port. Could my sh*t ISP be blocking the port? That shouldn't effect LAN though according the network training I took in high school. (Who know's, my teacher was 80 years old and on multiple prescription drugs.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Side info: Port Test says 2100 is blocked. Trying to ping a computer through port 2100 on the LAN works, gets a nice 15-20ms ping. (There are 16 other wifi networks near my apartment.)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: My router hates you WZ.

Post by vexed »

LAN: assuming port 2100 on firewall/router is open, and you are actually hosting the game, and not on the setup screen, then your friends should be able to connect via your internal LAN IP. (192.168.x.x or whatever).
WAN: assuming port 2100 on firewall/router is open, and you are actually hosting the game, and not on the setup screen, then it would seem your router (or firewall) isn't playing nice if you told it to leave that port open.

You also should have logs telling you what the issue is.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

It is possible the local machine is also running a firewall.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It's not "allow" but rather "forward" on the router, right? Forward to a specific ip in the local net beyond him, unless you have upnp. Does your isp provide an externally visible ip address anyway, static or dynamic?
Toxotte
Greenhorn

Post by Toxotte »

I have experienced the same problem, but without a router, i've already opened the port 2100 and continue to recive the message saying to open the port, someone could help me?
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Toxotte wrote:I have experienced the same problem, but without a router, i've already opened the port 2100 and continue to recive the message saying to open the port, someone could help me?
Need more details.
What modem, what OS, what firewall, and so on.
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Toxotte
Greenhorn

Post by Toxotte »

Staff wrote:
Toxotte wrote:I have experienced the same problem, but without a router, i've already opened the port 2100 and continue to recive the message saying to open the port, someone could help me?
Need more details.
What modem, what OS, what firewall, and so on.
I use a ADSL modem(model ZX DSL 381 II), windows firewall, and automatic IP
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO