Original AI

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Special K
Greenhorn

Original AI

Post by Special K »

Hey guys,
is there any way to get back the old AI from the 1.X versions? I don't really like the current AIs and I don't think they're the same as in the previous versions.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: Original AI

Post by Originway »

I read it was the same one
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

In 3.1, the AIs can't cheat in most ways anymore (researching at ridiculous speed, and stuff like that), maybe that's why they seem different.

Try Nullbot, since it actually seems to try to win.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

deleted
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Cyp wrote:In 3.1, the AIs can't cheat in most ways anymore (researching at ridiculous speed, and stuff like that)
In fact, researching at ridiculous speed is the only cheat that is still present (now, in 3.1_rc2). What was removed is power-cheating (free power every x seconds, depending on difficulty level) and and template-cheating (producing/building stuff they didn't research yet, a minor thing used for repair droids and sensor towers).
jtjumper
New user

Post by jtjumper »

NoQ wrote:
Cyp wrote:In 3.1, the AIs can't cheat in most ways anymore (researching at ridiculous speed, and stuff like that)
In fact, researching at ridiculous speed is the only cheat that is still present (now, in 3.1_rc2). What was removed is power-cheating (free power every x seconds, depending on difficulty level) and and template-cheating (producing/building stuff they didn't research yet, a minor thing used for repair droids and sensor towers).
Is that qwhy they get lancers so quickly
xfinnian
Trained
Trained

Post by xfinnian »

The AI has lancers insanely quickly. It has to be cheating to get it that fast.
I will reply as soon as possible.