just videos

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: just videos

Post by Iluvalar »

Here is the key of my victory. Part 2 at 1:20. You'll see me miserably retreat on top of my cliff and give up some land. In fact, I was ready to give up even more land but effy didn't tried to push.

Why is it a good move you'll ask ? O_o Well, i didn't lost those units on the field , i cutted the production of the last couple TMG viper in order to rush the power uprgrade. From that point till the end, you'll see me gaining inexplicably a bit more units then effigy :roll: . until everything crumble at once :D .

Another hint : repair tower are a defensive structures. A quite strong defensive structure. If you consider that the fire power of damaged units is lost on the front that mean that technicaly it's the repair tower that inherit of all that fire power. As long as you fight with your units and you "produce" damaged troops, the repair tower worth a bunch of hardpoint AFAIC. Do not hide it in the back put it in the middle of the path. The closest from the front, the better it is...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Another hint : repair tower are a defensive structures.
It's also offensive ... you can attack wave by wave and retreat to repair, and the enemy will think you just produce so much; i've even been kicked for cheating when i did that :P
Well, by the way, i seriously don't understand why doesn't everybody use repair facilities with retreat at medium most of the time; they're such a big bonus!..
You'll see me miserably retreat on top of my cliff and give up some land.
Why is it a good move you'll ask ?
First of all, i think it was good because you were heavily outnumbered even if we don't talk about cannons being much more powerful than your machineguns. effigy should really have pushed here, i believe. :hmm:
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

NoQ wrote:
Another hint : repair tower are a defensive structures.
It's also offensive ... you can attack wave by wave and retreat to repair, and the enemy will think you just produce so much; i've even been kicked for cheating when i did that :P
Well, by the way, i seriously don't understand why doesn't everybody use repair facilities with retreat at medium most of the time; they're such a big bonus!..

I've often been kicked and/or accused of cheating, and have wondered if it could be related to repairing units instead of marching them all off a cliff. I think there were times when I was stuck maxed out with an outdated army because I couldn't get them to die without removing retreat at medium, and was told I was building too fast.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

IIuvalar played excellent, and I did not :(

I'm not so convinced that I could have pushed more after getting the middle. At that time I still had a lot of wheeled units, and he was building up HMG. Combine that with the narrow canyon and the path my units would take to the repair station, I don't think it could have been done.

I've only watched the video up until that point, but I think I should have put the repair closer. Though, my biggest mistake was not researching lab upgrades until late, and then not researching any power upgrades, thought I kept making pricy units. I had fac mod much sooner than when I built it, but decided to save power for units.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Last edited by NoQ on 02 Mar 2011, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

YouTube wants me to sign in to watch us vs. icefire and wisler :( is that weird?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Oops. Sorry. Fixed.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, now i have a question. Part 2 of the last video was (automatically?) marked by youtube as violating some music copyright belonging to some "Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society", even though no action was taken. Only built-in Warzone 2100 compositions were used in the movie. Does it make any sense? Should i try doing anything about it? By the way, is it possible that the Warzone 2100 music itself can be in danger of copyright claims? Image
Attachments
copy.jpg
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Whoa, nice videos.

I have a question in the "Iluvalar vs. RBL-effigy" game. I noticed Effigy had cannons, but he didn't really keep his cannons far enough away from enemy units to prevent friendly splash damage. The game is intended to be balanced so that the splash is a big deal. Am I missing something?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

I called that the "figure count" bonus. 3 units vs 1 will be 6 time as strong as one of them alone and so 2x as stong as if they were following each other. ( 3+2+1 > 1+1+1 ).

According to my last estimation, splash damage of light cannon only count for 5% or their total damage. It's not a big deal for the light cannon.

Effigy did great to not too much bother for splash as soon as he was on numerical advantage, his game was to close me and get the maximum number of tank firing at me at the same time.

It start to matter with medium cannon (25% splash) one will avoid structures and slow target.
To complete :
Heavy (50%)
HPV (0.9%)
AC (30%)
TAC (60%) <= bug(?)
Plasma (95%)
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

NoQ wrote:Well, now i have a question. Part 2 of the last video was (automatically?)
Most likely automatically (as I've just found from checking google.)
NoQ wrote: marked by youtube as violating some music copyright belonging to some "Music Publishing Rights Collecting Society"
^generic / umbrella term.
NoQ wrote:even though no action was taken. Only built-in Warzone 2100 compositions were used in the movie. Does it make any sense?
If you check on google you'll find many cases where there was absolutely no question that the music belongs to the uploader, so chances that it doesn't make sense is already high. I suspect that if you put in a dispute you won't hear back from (who or what)ever flagged the video. Note IANAL.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Zarel wrote:Whoa, nice videos.

I have a question in the "Iluvalar vs. RBL-effigy" game. I noticed Effigy had cannons, but he didn't really keep his cannons far enough away from enemy units to prevent friendly splash damage. The game is intended to be balanced so that the splash is a big deal. Am I missing something?
Are you saying Light Cannon should have more splash damage?