New Key mapping for Commander

Discussions about AI types, units, tactics & strategy.
Grey
Greenhorn

New Key mapping for Commander

Post by Grey »

Hi all players,

I am player "SoulKey" and i would like to ask the following the developpers:

SInce 4.2 we have the new command "Select all Land Combat Units without group"

With this key almost everybody is working in Mulitplayer. Its really cool to play with it together will the other "...without groups" keys.

Would it be possible to change it to: "Select all Land Combat Units without group and without commander assignment" ?

This way we can assign our tropps to commanders and by pressing that "Without group" key the troops stay assigned to the commander and get his empowerment.

Now when i press that key the command assignment of the troops is lost and this way it get no empowerment by the commander.

This would finally bring the commanders to Multiplayer :-) At least at start of the game for first 10 minutes.

I hope you understand this ? Its a bit tricky to understand but it works.

It does only effect the play with commanders which nobody does now in Multiplayer.

This would be awesome if you couldd change that.

Best

SoulKey
maway
Greenhorn

Re: New Key mapping for Commander

Post by maway »

Select all, bind it to 1 (ctrl+1)
Then select any commander and (Ctrl+Z) (Select all units with same components)
And bind it to 2 (ctrl+2)
maybe this makes a trick
Grey
Greenhorn

Post by Grey »

Hi Mayway,

thanks, no unfortently thats not working.
To play with preselected groups does not help cause this needs always new armies be assigned to this groups with an extra key stroke (say group 1 and group 2 ) cause they dont go automatically to them. Except if you presesect Factories to commanders which is -by the way - a great feature.

So you always need 1 or 2 more key strokes to do that after produceing new armies (every 5-15 seconds), which nobody will do.
I guess 95 % of all pro players use "select all combat borgs without group" and "select all halftracks without groups", etc. cause than new armies (and repaired ones) are automatically selected as well and you simply dont need extra key strokes for that :-)

But the other problem is this: You have just max. 10 commanders during game and only 6 armies at start can be assigned per commander, so 60 armies. Every produced more army will than wait at your factory and not go to combat anymore (with preselected factory to commander). As you know we we play with up to 150 armies against each other so this needs than grouping again with at least 1-2 or 2 more key stroke during battle every 5-15 seconds for the newly produced armies. Noboady will do that.
maway
Greenhorn

Post by maway »

That's why nobody uses commanders, if army 50+
Its for more accurate low oil games.
I use commanders as extra health, and some extra range at start.
Was playing them on single player, but as u can see to much clicks for low bonuses.,,